Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

What the gently caress?

WHAT THE gently caress!?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11EDQRbFczc

WHAT THE gently caress!?!?!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lurdiak posted:

What the gently caress?

Slow your roll, you'll blow a gasket.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Cael posted:

I just caught up on this season of Flash the other day (ugh that got to be a slog in parts), should I do the same for Arrow? I didn't even start the season yet, all I know about it is the very general joking about the villain in the Flash thread.

It's better binge-watching because there's some good stuff but a lot of draggy episodes. This second half of the season has been such a slog that I can't recall how the first half held together. Don't expect anything spectacular but if you're looking for time to kill it's probably watchable.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Lurdiak posted:

What the gently caress?

WHAT

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Popelmon posted:

Last nights Westworld was 72 minutes for a normal, non-season finale episode. Really looking forward to the season 4 season finale that will be longer than the loving Return of the King extended cut.

Aren't the episodes usually around an hour anyway? It's not that much

PriorMarcus posted:

YAY! I actually really loved this show.

Wow talk about an appropriate AV. j/k, I'm glad something you liked got renewed. I wish I knew what that felt like.

muscles like this! posted:

Adult Swim has announced they're doing a Harvey Birdman special to air this fall with all of the original cast back. It is supposedly about Harvey as Attorney General after Phil Ken Sebben, who is President, appoints him to the position. Little worried that the whole thing is just going to be tired Trump jokes.

Trump broke Colbert in ways I can barely describe. I haven't seen a full episode in well over a year now, even agreeing with 90% of what he says. But if they got the staff from the original run back, a HBAAL revival sounds pretty loving sweet

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

What the gently caress?

Wait an entire show animated in the style of those Onion editorial cartoons?

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

What the gently caress?

I feel a bit odd saying this, but...
I loved watching Corner Gas and 10 Items or Less and all of those extreme working class shows. I'm not sure if animation is the way to go?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

yeah idk how I feel about this.

Also any Canadians watch Kim's Convenience? I keep meaning to check it out, looks p funny.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_content

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Yes, I googled that and I read this. But there’s a huge difference between this and “she refused to do any more”.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cael posted:

I just caught up on this season of Flash the other day (ugh that got to be a slog in parts), should I do the same for Arrow? I didn't even start the season yet, all I know about it is the very general joking about the villain in the Flash thread.

I'm fine with it but the vocal tone of the thread is rabid hate. Its got a lot of real flaws especially in establishing its main villain or juggling different storylines. They probably play a little better in a binge but that won't fix the problems of things that are simply missing or too jumbled together.

Ultimately if you're generally ok with the Arrowverse and can overlook the usual flaws you'll probably be generally ok with Arrow S6 but if you hate the general Arrowverse and are triggered by "killing is bad, except when we kill" then don't watch this and probably stop watching all of it because there's too much tv out there to watch something you don't like.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 18:13 on May 15, 2018

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
For anyone else who was trying to figure out what The Passage trailer background music was covering.

https://youtu.be/6hYPk5m6uuM

In retrospect, maybe the wrong Chromatics song, but it was definitely a Chromatics song.

Ugly In The Morning fucked around with this message at 18:15 on May 15, 2018

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

Yes, I googled that and I read this. But there’s a huge difference between this and “she refused to do any more”.
Was unable? Whichever phrasing you want. I said "refused" because she said she wouldn't make any more due to the physical and mental toll.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

FactsAreUseless posted:

she said she wouldn't make any more

Where did she say that? I can't find it in any of the cancellation articles. Netflix might've just canceled it because of (undeservedly) low viewership numbers.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

ynohtna posted:

The cancellation of Deception is just a trick, right? Wait a while for a reveal, right? :gbsmith:

I was enjoying the hell out of that weird and much better than it looked on first viewing show.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
What a shame about Hap & Leonard. You'd think there would be a market for a show about two men, one black one white, one left one right, who put decency above everything else. But there we go. It'll be one of those shows that people catch up with after it's too late and realise it was awesome.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

No one gets Sundance channel or if they do they don't know what it is.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Ugly In The Morning posted:

For anyone else who was trying to figure out what The Passage trailer background music was covering.

In retrospect, maybe the wrong Chromatics song, but it was definitely a Chromatics song.

What trailer? I'm pretty up on the Chromatics.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

less laughter posted:

Where did she say that? I can't find it in any of the cancellation articles. Netflix might've just canceled it because of (undeservedly) low viewership numbers.
Bamford has spoken a lot about how difficult the hours were, including in the above link. I'm not sure what definitive proof you need to see that it was her decision.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

DrVenkman posted:

What a shame about Hap & Leonard. You'd think there would be a market for a show about two men, one black one white, one left one right, who put decency above everything else. But there we go. It'll be one of those shows that people catch up with after it's too late and realise it was awesome.

I dig the show but its a quirky show on a D tier channel that has six episode seasons that all tell a new story. It seems almost designed to not draw a TV audience.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

FactsAreUseless posted:

Bamford has spoken a lot about how difficult the hours were, including in the above link. I'm not sure what definitive proof you need to see that it was her decision.

She never said she didn't want to make more, just that she would require 10-hour days max in any potential future season(s).

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I was enjoying the hell out of that weird and much better than it looked on first viewing show.

More Vinnie Jones on TV is always a good thing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The really bonkers thing about that The Passage TV show is that it is based on the novel of the same name but the TV show is literally just the first chapter.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

less laughter posted:

She never said she didn't want to make more, just that she would require 10-hour days max in any potential future season(s).

Yeah, this. I’ve never seen a single thing indicating it was her decision, and I definitely don’t think the information we have is enough to assume it’s the case.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
More BLAH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idvN4NGkd9M

Feels very similar to Conviction from the trailer.

The Passage might not be terrible?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsTxR0wrbAw

Nathan Fillion! Too bad this will be canceled after 7 episodes!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9ObepjdqM8

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 20:21 on May 15, 2018

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I would just caution on "The Passage" because Fox likely isn't going to stay in the drama business for very long.

I want so bad for that Nathan Fillion trailer to be some elaborate joke about Doctor Cop Lawyer from Con-man.

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 20:25 on May 15, 2018

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

The really bonkers thing about that The Passage TV show is that it is based on the novel of the same name but the TV show is literally just the first chapter.

I just watched the trailer and was amazed that they assembled this cast of actors I sort of recognize for flashback sequences that make up 10% of the first book.

Oh, that's the show then? You're not gonna do the whole thing that people read the books for? Vampire post-apoc a hundred years after everyone is dead?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bull3964 posted:

I would just caution on "The Passage" because Fox likely isn't going to stay in the drama business for very long.

Oh no doubt. But I like a lot of that cast (DESMOND) so I'll give it a shot.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Rhyno posted:

More BLAH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idvN4NGkd9M

Feels very similar to Conviction from the trailer.

I'll give it props for being a law show where the defense attorney is the protagonist and the prosecutor is the sleazy villain letting the killers go.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Chairman Capone posted:

I'll give it props for being a law show where the defense attorney is the protagonist and the prosecutor is the sleazy villain letting the killers go.

Ace Attorney is like really old.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

FactsAreUseless posted:

The thing is, though, she mentions that she could have done a third season if she'd had essentially child actor hours. Nobody's questioning that Bamford had a hard time on the show, we're just kind of struggling to draw a direct line between that and it getting cancelled, since none of the articles do; for all we know, that could have just been one of a bunch of factors.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

bull3964 posted:

No one gets Sundance channel or if they do they don't know what it is.

I repeatedly forget we even have the Sundance Channel and I've watched Rectify and Cleverman on it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's where all of 8 people watched Top of the Lake with Elizabeth Moss.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I just watch all Sundance shows on Netflix.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The song in the Passage trailer is Running Up That Hill by Placebo. The Chromatics version is a cover. The original is Kate Bush.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KEEXyRL0qE

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I watch Hap and Leonard and I don't even know where the Sundance channel is. My DVR just figures that out for me.

It also helps figure out where the hell Bravo is so I can watch Imposters. The best show no one watches.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
so is season 2 of Westworld good or what, I don't even care for some reason.

but i've been watching Colony so my taste in TV is suspect

nice job hiring Peter Jacobson into a role where he literally gets called "collaborator" every scene he's in

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

precision posted:

so is season 2 of Westworld good or what, I don't even care for some reason.

but i've been watching Colony so my taste in TV is suspect

nice job hiring Peter Jacobson into a role where he literally gets called "collaborator" every scene he's in

Colony is good TV. Prepare to fight.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Dolores wasn't in the newest ep of WW and it was coincidentally the best episode yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rocksicles posted:

Colony is good TV. Prepare to fight.

I like it a lot, but I'm not sure how much of that is Stockholm Syndrome from LOST :shobon:

I'm almost to season 2, where I've heard it gets a lot better and I've also heard it gets a lot worse lol

e: I also love that so far there has been no explanation at all for why Bo has the job he does