Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

He probably only needs about 10,000 subscribers to make some decent money. It'll never touch the Sirius money he made but probably enough to live comfortably on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
They canned a woman morning talk show host "Wake Up With Taylor", I don't think they were ever giving her the salary they were giving O&A but she started her own live morning show and charges like $5 a month a co-worker told me and she's already had like 15k people sign up and said she's making way more than she ever did at SiriusXM.

If Anthony has 10k subs at $15 a month that's 150k a month and his costs for running the poo poo probably aren't even a third of that.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Realtalk, can Artie's name get removed from the thread title? Even the Opster is more deserving at this point. Artie's done and he's never coming back.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

T Bowl posted:

They canned a woman morning talk show host "Wake Up With Taylor", I don't think they were ever giving her the salary they were giving O&A but she started her own live morning show and charges like $5 a month a co-worker told me and she's already had like 15k people sign up and said she's making way more than she ever did at SiriusXM.

If Anthony has 10k subs at $15 a month that's 150k a month and his costs for running the poo poo probably aren't even a third of that.

cool made up stuff

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Skip My Posts posted:

cool made up stuff

K, glad your name is what I'll be doing in the future.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
10000 times 15 is 150000 everyone

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
They made something like 10 mil a year at sirius so yeah I mean he can be making a bunch but it'll be less than they were making at their peak

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

10k subs is some wacko estimate for what amounts to Anthony's exclusive youtube channel dude, but maybe I'm wrong and that's why the Free Speech Network pays other shows on the platform like 12 dollars a day, lmao

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

beep by grandpa posted:

Realtalk, can Artie's name get removed from the thread title? Even the Opster is more deserving at this point. Artie's done and he's never coming back.

This.

He'll probably kill himself when he gets sentenced, or at least try to again. There's no way that big guinea mama's boy will show up to court and face the music. He'll pussy out and try to end up in the hospital or a psych ward rather than do any time.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

JFC posted:

This.

He'll probably kill himself when he gets sentenced, or at least try to again. There's no way that big guinea mama's boy will show up to court and face the music. He'll pussy out and try to end up in the hospital or a psych ward rather than do any time.

Yeah but we're talking about Artie not Anthony

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

JFC posted:

Sometimes the O&A subreddit has some good stuff.

A disgusting meme that tries to paint all non Caucasians as paedophiles.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.

Morter posted:

Oh boy, then we just need the denture-clicking old fart to complete the 'All blacks, women, and libtards are wrong' tribunal.

I would listen to Sopranos, The Podcast.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Took long enough but Ants lovely politics snuck into the Chip show. Well, aside from that first episode with the lovely impersonator.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Snacksmaniac posted:

Took long enough but Ants lovely politics snuck into the Chip show. Well, aside from that first episode with the lovely impersonator.

yikes

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Snacksmaniac posted:

How so?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Snacksmaniac posted:

Chip's supposed to be a lovely person though, so it should work, right?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

CrashCat posted:

Chip's supposed to be a lovely person Opie though, so it should work, right?

I mean yeah, but the weird thing is that Chip+Ant makes the show listenable to me yet on the occasion that Ant's shittiness rears its head it gets pretty insufferable. It's frustrating to have such a brilliant, quick and funny person riffing with Chip who can turn on a dime and remind you that he's a complete piece of garbage.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Stare-Out posted:

I mean yeah, but the weird thing is that Chip+Ant makes the show listenable to me yet on the occasion that Ant's shittiness rears its head it gets pretty insufferable. It's frustrating to have such a brilliant, quick and funny person riffing with Chip who can turn on a dime and remind you that he's a complete piece of garbage.

This is so true it hurts. If you want a good time, go look up o&a "big laugh" compilations. They're like 90% ant saying things to jimmy and god it's a great time. My fav is the one set up by jimmy saying he is afflicted by "AHBS: adorable, huggable boy syndrome". Ant's timing on his retort is just nothing short of perfection. Why's his brain gotta be so broke tho :sigh:

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

This is so true it hurts. If you want a good time, go look up o&a "big laugh" compilations. They're like 90% ant saying things to jimmy and god it's a great time. My fav is the one set up by jimmy saying he is afflicted by "AHBS: adorable, huggable boy syndrome". Ant's timing on his retort is just nothing short of perfection. Why's his brain gotta be so broke tho :sigh:

I remember that one, its good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92dJFs0fgq8

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
Why does it say "STU" on my microphone?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I've been listening to a bunch of old Steve C bashings and they're still excellent

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

The Jimmy laugh compilations are all pretty great, yeah. It really sucks how off his rocker Ant is when he can come across as a genuinely smart dude, in some of the old shows when he was called out by Patrice or Louis CK or someone he threw out some pretty sound reasons for his views and conceded when he wasn't entirely in the right about something but I guess it's too late for him now.

In the Chip podcast there are still moments of the old Ant but it's pretty much tainted for me now after everything.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Snacksmaniac posted:

Mind giving examples? Even just quick quotes

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Ira started saying Trump was a terrible president and Cumia immediately jumped into defense mode. “Give me examples!” Whoever the other guest jumped in and said something about pushing around North Korea.
I’d have more but I honestly shut it off. Ant the Chip apologist is so funny but I can’t handle tea Ant.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Ant is so far gone he legitimately was looking for an argument with an old man who literally falls asleep during the show. Wet brained moon faced oval office.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Ope & Ant have both completely succumb to the mental illnesses that were fun to listen to when they were prodromal.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Ant is so far gone he legitimately was looking for an argument with an old man who literally falls asleep during the show.

Ant IS an old man who once fell asleep during his own show.

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzRycAKU2_4&t=170s

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow
https://streamable.com/7175o
Absolutely Perfect. :discourse:

MullardEL34 fucked around with this message at 21:11 on May 20, 2018

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
:laffo:

Outstanding.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I forgot how good the Mike Schmidt clip is

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
Laffo, what do I see on my Youtube recommendation list: Anthony Cumia explains why Artie Lange won't be on the show any more

I've never seen someone so against having cash fall in his loving lap for nothing

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I forgot how good the Mike Schmidt clip is

Not as good as the George Brett poo poo story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PseNrUeSmXk

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

JFC posted:

Not as good as the George Brett poo poo story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PseNrUeSmXk

It's a legendary clip for sure but I dunno man. I crack up laughing whenever I hear "Some 18 years ago.."

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

I'm absolutely crying.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

God I miss Fez.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

so did ron from 2008-2015

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I hadn't checked in on any of the podcast stuff with Jim or Ant until just recently and wow there's a lot animosity between basically everyone and Opie. It's kinda funny to listen to Jim (as Chip) basically make fun of every single thing any of the fans ever hated about Opie.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Fabricated posted:

I hadn't checked in on any of the podcast stuff with Jim or Ant until just recently and wow there's a lot animosity between basically everyone and Opie. It's kinda funny to listen to Jim (as Chip) basically make fun of every single thing any of the fans ever hated about Opie.

Everybody hated Opie when it was still the O&A show. Walkin on greggshells and all that. Its only gotten worse since then.

Edit: "LEAVE IT ALONE, *sniff*"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It just feels weird to hear Jimmy trashing Opie in a way that definitely isn't just Cellar-style bashing for fun.

I didn't listen to really any of the Opie & Jim show so I imagine it had more time to fester without Ant there.