Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Sun Drop, also marketed as Sundrop, is a citrus-flavored soda produced by Dr. Pepper Snapple Group. It has a yellowish-green color imparted by Tartrazine. Among soft drinks, it is known for its high caffeine content (63 mg per 12 oz can, 9 mg higher than a 12 oz can of Mountain Dew, but not as much as Vault with 70.5 mg per 12 oz can).[1] Orange juice is an ingredient in the drink, and remaining pulp matter from the orange juice provides some of the soft drink's taste and appearance.

Sun Drop has maintained popularity in many parts of the southern United States, especially in Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina and parts of the Midwest, including Wisconsin and western Minnesota. Similar to other regional drinks with a cult following, fans outside bottling areas have been known to pay large amounts to have the drink shipped to them. Families have sent it to U.S. soldiers serving in Afghanistan.[5]

Everyone in this picture drinks Sun Drop every day - if you don't like Sun Drop, you don't like American Soldiers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Sun drop is real good but squirt is better because palomas you fool.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
sun drop can suck the poo poo directly from my rear end in a top hat

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Mt Dew Baja Blast BITCH!!!!!!!

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
I've never seen Sundrop out here or the Sun for that matter.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

my dog died im sad posted:

I've never seen Sundrop out here or the Sun for that matter.

I see you too live in Cleveland.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

DogonCrook posted:

Sun drop is real good but squirt is better because palomas you fool.

Squirt is an absolute abomination. About two weeks ago, I was really really stoned and thirsty. I was on a long journey to do a bunch of errand so I decided to stop by the candy store to get my favorite candy (sour dots, which are impossible to find and now the candy store is out), and I decided to get a refreshing beverage.

Squirt looked like a nice lemon lime color so I spent $3 on a fancy glass bottle of Mexican squirt. I cut my finger trying to open it with a bottle and was thus stuck staring at this delicious looking drink for like twenty minutes on my way home, parched like a dying man, and stoned as heck. So I finally get home and I feel like I'm on the brink of death from dehydration so I open it and take a big swig and its fuckin horrible goddamn grapefruit noncaffeinated trickery and it was one of the worst bait and switches of my life.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Do they even still make Sundrop? I haven’t seen it sold anywhere in years.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
soda is bad for you OP

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Nooner posted:

you are detritus

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Do they even still make Sundrop? I haven’t seen it sold anywhere in years.

I am drinking Sun Drop as we speak goon sir!!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Nooner posted:

lol just lol if youre not drinking local artisinal small batch craft sodas just lol

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Frog Act posted:

Squirt is an absolute abomination. About two weeks ago, I was really really stoned and thirsty. I was on a long journey to do a bunch of errand so I decided to stop by the candy store to get my favorite candy (sour dots, which are impossible to find and now the candy store is out), and I decided to get a refreshing beverage.

Squirt looked like a nice lemon lime color so I spent $3 on a fancy glass bottle of Mexican squirt. I cut my finger trying to open it with a bottle and was thus stuck staring at this delicious looking drink for like twenty minutes on my way home, parched like a dying man, and stoned as heck. So I finally get home and I feel like I'm on the brink of death from dehydration so I open it and take a big swig and its fuckin horrible goddamn grapefruit noncaffeinated trickery and it was one of the worst bait and switches of my life.

Well dude what you do is put tequila in it. Solves all these problems.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Bring back Sprite Remix

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
sugar water sustains me

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I had Sundrop when I visited Wisconsin and it was one of the few things about that poo poo state that was any good. The others being burgers with bratwurst on top and drunken corn-fed blond girls in every bar.

Sundrop is strictly inferior to both Squirt and Cactus Cooler though.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Sun drop owns.

It owns I tell you, owns, I don't drink too much soda in a week, but if I were to have 3, 2 would probably be Sun Drop, and the other would probably be San Peligrino or something else weird

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
If the sun dropped on you you'd probably die.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
American soldiers are a bunch of snowflake welfare queens. gently caress them and sundorp.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Also squirt is loving garbage

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
I don’t drink soda but I drink lots of squirt if you know what I mean

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

Lol that there is a state so lovely "sells soda" is like the most positive thing you can think of after visiting.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I don’t like soldiers or sun drop. Both can go to hell as far as I’m concerned

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

DogonCrook posted:

Lol that there is a state so lovely "sells soda" is like the most positive thing you can think of after visiting.

I agree that the the entire South has a goal to reach

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Why do you need to cram caffeine into everything have you considered this is why Americans love murder so much

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
Better yet, it's 99¢ for a 2 liter. It's literally cheaper than water.

I'm a Coke guy myself, but when I was broke, Sun Drop was a way better alternative to generic soda. Also it mixed great with cheap vodka or tequila for ghetto screwdrivers or margs.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Honestly, the anti-Sun Drop attitude on these forums is very upsetting. I thought goons were supposed to be intelligent, discerning individuals with palates sophisticated enough to appreciate the nuances of Sun Drop brand soda pop. For one thing, it is light, fizzy - it doesn't feel "heavy" like lesser sodas. Thus, it is very refreshing. Second, the taste is a perfect balance. It is the "just right" porridge of citrus soda flavors (my theory is that this is due to the inclusion of orange juice, but it has not yet been fully tested). It is difficult to express empirically but, trust me when I say this, it is objectively a better citrus experience. Third: it has more caffeine than an energy drink at a significantly lower cost. For a hard-working American who needs energy to lay bricks, corral horses, and operate wrecking balls, Sun Drop is the perfect, unpretentious soda - unlike those hip, urban energy drinks for college students and hipster millenials.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Laslow posted:

Better yet, it's 99¢ for a 2 liter. It's literally cheaper than water.

I'm a Coke guy myself, but when I was broke, Sun Drop was a way better alternative to generic soda. Also it mixed great with cheap vodka or tequila for ghetto screwdrivers or margs.

:siren: Do Not Mix Sun Drop With Alcohol :siren:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Laslow posted:

tequila for ghetto margs.

this is shameful as gently caress

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

my dog died im sad posted:

If the sun dropped on you you'd probably die.

ahahahaahahhaahahahahahaa

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

i only drink sunkist, the caffeinated orange soda

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

cherry 7 Up was the poo poo but i haven't seen it in a store in like 15 years

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Tom Gorman posted:

Coke released cherry sprite for awhile because it was the most popular combination on the remix machines, there's now raspberry coke as well

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003
:smug: Good morning, you're all just pretending to need this "medicine" because you're drug addicts.

:angel: Good evening, directed pharmaceutical use of amphetamines obviously enriches the lives of many itt and I just woul

Sid Vicious posted:

Coke released cherry sprite for awhile because it was the most popular combination on the remix machines, there's now raspberry coke as well

Best Sprite was tropical remix

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
i make soda using my sodastream there are like 4 different flavors of diet soda that i make but today i must buy soda because im out of co2

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Tom Gorman posted:

Yeah, this was pretty good, especially because it is not in competition with Sun Drop!!

Swedish Butt-Whistle
Feb 12, 2004

Mentally Trill
im a fan of the war just not a fan of the troops

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
fake raspberry flavor comes from beaver anus, true story

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

WatermelonGun posted:

fake raspberry flavor comes from beaver anus, true story

Nah that's vanilla and the real stuff is retarded expensive so gimme that beaver rear end imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Tom Gorman posted:

Where do you live? I see it all the time.

• Locked thread