Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

There's no way a random actor would be allowed to make The Big Announcement instead of some Amazon/Alcon official....

Right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Crazycryodude posted:

There's no way a random actor would be allowed to make The Big Announcement instead of some Amazon/Alcon official....

Right?

Right. At best he'll affirm there's hope.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
https://www.pscp.tv/w/1BRJjrBByDBJw

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

On the other hand nobody actually knows anything about Alcon officials and Cas Anvar has been the organizing force behind a lot of the fan push, so.. who knows.

I'm keeping my hopes extra low though.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

He said he spoke to syfy and alcon and he's basically begging people to watch the show live on Syfy to boost the ratings. I think that's it.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Called it

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

"If all the planets align something might shift"

Yeah, this isn't good...

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Man, my dude, I have no way to watch the show live in a way that makes syfy network happy.
Does buying on google count at all?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
This is pretty much "watch the show live and hope Syfy changes their mind." So Amazon didn't pick it up (yet?)

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Yeah he's basically just begging people to try and boost/game the live ratings because Syfy made vague noises about miracles if 5 million viewers suddenly turn up so probably :rip:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Baronjutter posted:

Man, my dude, I have no way to watch the show live in a way that makes syfy network happy.
Does buying on google count at all?

He only mentioned watching live, DVR +3, Amazon, and iTunes.

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012
I don't have a Nielsen Box, my watching doesn't matter, right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well that was a waste of time. If they're striking the sets tomorrow what will increased viewership do?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

SyFy cancelled us but please try to make them as much money as possible over the next while out of a false sense of hope that mayyyybe they'll change their mind?

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Mimir posted:

I don't have a Nielsen Box, my watching doesn't matter, right?

Aren't we at the point where some cable providers are sending viewing info back up the chain? It's obviously not as official as Neilsen but I think it still moves the bar?

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
this is frustrating :(

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Buy a bunch of TV's and ghost-watch the show to boost ratings. Set your DVR on repeat while you're at work. Set up a botnet to give expanse more views.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Rhyno posted:

Well that was a waste of time. If they're striking the sets tomorrow what will increased viewership do?

Make Syfy more money which lol

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The Expanse is number 2 in ratings on Syfy. So this is pretty much Syfy whining because it doesn't make enough money.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

I kept my hopes as low as they could possibly go and I'm still a tiny bit disappointed. :smith:

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Cojawfee posted:

The Expanse is number 2 in ratings on Syfy. So this is pretty much Syfy whining because it doesn't make enough money.

Yeah it's not like the Expanse was losing money, it's just that it was a high budget prestige show which wouldn't make as much profit as Ancient Sharknado Ghost Wrestling 13 would.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Sorry for hyping you all up folks. Guess that's it for hope.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Poor dude's got nothing, just hoping if syfy makes a bit more profit they'll change their minds :(

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Cas Anvar's pep talk started cool but he didn't really say anything new or hopeful, and then half way through the sound cut off. everyone kept repeating NO SOUND in the comments, but Cas never noticed, and then views plummeted and then he finished the video lol nice morale booster :rip:

e: i still have hope cmon jeff bezos fart out a few million spare bucks for a final season theres still time :shepface:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

He's not a PR guy, he's not in the loop business wise, just a good ol' sask boy doing his best :(

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
For what it's worth it got me to finally send Jeff an email and fill out the feedback form.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

lol show is so obviously dead.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

We're not allowed to have nice things :(

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Can’t wait for Syfy to replace this with a Wishmaster show starring Clint Howard.

Way to go Syfy, you turd babies.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gonz posted:

Can’t wait for Syfy to replace this with a Wishmaster show starring Clint Howard.

Way to go Syfy, you turd babies.

Nightflyers is on soon. I guess people won't watch that and it'll get the chop.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I refuse to stop believing make it happen you Trillionare gently caress

Svaha
Oct 4, 2005

Ugh. That wasn't very helpful Cas.
Love the guy, but "Watch the show on the crappy channel that canned it and (maybe) continue the status quo!" is not terribly inspiring to me. Especially considering the international audience can't do that anyway. (...because of the status quo)

SyFy ditched their #2 show in overall ratings because they don't understand how modern Tv watching works. Haha, they are too dumb to live.

E: Hinting at some sort of crowdfunding campaign made me go all despondent. :(
You guys don't need to crowdfund for money to make your show, you need to get on a distribution model that actually serves the people who want to watch it in a timely manner. gently caress.

Whatever, Cas Anvar may be somewhat in the loop, but I'm not going into full hopelessness until Thursday or so. Going to wait for the higher-ups to crush my spirits.

Svaha fucked around with this message at 01:15 on May 16, 2018

Oscar aint no Slouch
Apr 29, 2014
I'd much prefer to worship god-king Bezos than beg SyFy for scraps, he'd at least let me binge watch it next year

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I tried to tune in but the video was not working right, it sounds like a disaster, I guess I'll keep looking at Roci models

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Jesus, with that barrage of replies, I figured something was announced. What a cock tease.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Svaha posted:

SyFy ditched their #2 show in overall ratings because they don't understand how modern Tv watching works. Haha, they are too dumb to live.

Syfy! :downs:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Think it's pretty apt that the actor playing the guy trying everything he can to keep his dysfunctional ship-family together is trying to keep people's hopes up that SyFy might change their minds

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Aren't the sets stilll getting taken down Wednesday?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

logikv9 posted:

Aren't the sets stilll getting taken down Wednesday?

Some of them, the big stuff is scheduled for later in the week/month and the prop guys swear it's super easy to rebuild it all. It's a Rorschach Test: read into it whatever you want. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Don't forget these corporations can be extremely petty too. Refusing to give up rights even though they have no intention of using them, being pointlessly obstructionist, and just being lovely as hell. There might be money and will to find a new home for the show, but the existing distribution structure is a bit of a mish-mash which might complicate things.