Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Every time Bryan says,"Don't post online that I reported this, this is pure speculation!" I wonder how many people ironically post that he reported it, how many genuinely misunderstand what he is saying, and how many never heard his original statement but took a secondhand post at face value and then get real mad at him about it.

Comedy option D is only ever posting Bryan's real scoops which are almost immediately proven wrong because he has no sources who aren't just constantly loving with him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/ZaQ5322/status/994736854728564736?s=19

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

He's legitimately one of the dumbest people on twitter.

He posted a galaxy brain take about how Samoa Joe sucks even more now than when he carried Kobashi (who he claims at the time sucked) in their match. I finally got him to block me by asking why Roman couldn't carry Joe to as good of a match as Joe carried to Kobashi to. He doesn't mean it ironically, he's just really dumb.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/Statoke/status/996361415299620864?s=19

can't believe Kenny charged his best friends a quarter of a million dollars to book him.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wait is Stephen Amell at All In? :psyduck: Or is he just getting as comprehensive of a list as possible?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Wait is Stephen Amell at All In? :psyduck: Or is he just getting as comprehensive of a list as possible?

He's going.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

He's going.

That's...kind of loving awesome. Stephen Amell seems like a wonderful guy to be honest (which makes sense, he's Canadian).

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That's...kind of loving awesome. Stephen Amell seems like a wonderful guy to be honest (which makes sense, he's Canadian).

That hype video for his match against Cody a few years ago was top-shelf work

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So wait, All In isn't streaming anywhere right? If not, seems like a bit of a waste but I can see how that'd be difficult to wrangle.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Baron Corbyn posted:

https://twitter.com/Statoke/status/996361415299620864?s=19

can't believe Kenny charged his best friends a quarter of a million dollars to book him.

the most unbelievable part of this is son of havoc making 15k

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Does Okada make like 14 mil a year or something

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

Does Okada make like 14 mil a year or something

My guess is that that per appearance fee is outside NJPW and that he makes less in NJPW.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Man. that isn't fair at all

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Okada's contract, at last report, was about 2 million USD.

Also those numbers are made up.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Yeah there's no way some of the places the Bucks could afford 100K a shot

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I need the real numbers before i can stop believing those ones.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
This one seems more in line with reality, although the Bucks aren't there and some of the costs seem a bit low

https://imgur.com/2I8pTjO

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Thanks and now some have been sorted. would you rather pay Okada's 250k appearance fee, or pay all of those wrestlers and keep the remaining money for yourself? It would be a lot that you keep.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I know RVD needs weed money but $12,000 is an insane price to book him in 2018

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

If his TNA entrance theme with the guy randomly shouting moves RVD occasionally does comes with the booking, it's a bargain tbh

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Benne posted:

It's not unheard of for ex WWE names to have exorbitant booking fees to limit their bookings. The Dudleys talked about doing that openly after WWE let them go, as did Ryback and Booker T. RVD is a bigger name than some of those guys, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was the case.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
honestly i wouldn't be surprised if people are getting straight-up offered more than their usual asking price because All In is expected to make an insane fuckload of money

e: like, these numbers would be loving absurd for a typical show, but All In might be one of the most hyped indy shows ever, sold out within like 30 minutes, and is probably going to make a crazy amount more after it happens unless it's a Legends of Wrestling-level clusterfuck (and with the names it's attracted, that's unlikely). plus Cody's probably sitting on a good bit more money than your average wrestler, being an ex-WWE guy who's been in consistently heavy demand since he left them, and it wouldn't surprise me to hear that he's throwing money around just so some of these people get a decent payday.

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 03:05 on May 16, 2018

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

some of the bookings ive seen rvd take lately there's no chance in hell he was getting 12k

in general though indie wrestlers make less than you imagine, even the guys who get flights

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

some of the bookings ive seen rvd take lately there's no chance in hell he was getting 12k

in general though indie wrestlers make less than you imagine, even the guys who get flights

That's fair but I feel like 300/per show sounds low for Joey Ryan who just bought a house and doesn't have a day job. Unless DDT backed up the Brinks' truck for him, I don't think it's accurate. Either that or he's working 25 times a month. And since he works Japan that seems unlikely.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
also, uh, what, Terry Funk's still working? :psyduck:

e: jesus gently caress he's 73 and still wrestling

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That seems unlikely, he retired in 1997!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

As I understand it these days he mostly shows up to do tag matches where he doesn't have to bump much or at all, and special ringside enforcer stuff.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The post is from October and probably wasn't entirely up to date then.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Those numbers aren't real. I posted them in here because of how ridiculous these made up numbers this guy has pulled out of his arse to justify his belief that All In is a failure are. Kenny Omega doesn't charge a quarter of a million per appearance.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Baron Corbyn posted:

Those numbers aren't real. I posted them in here because of how ridiculous these made up numbers this guy has pulled out of his arse to justify his belief that All In is a failure are. Kenny Omega doesn't charge a quarter of a million per appearance.

The one I posted has some different prices (still a bit outrageous, though)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It seems like those numbers are for wrestling, not just an appearance which is most likely a lot lower for most

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Cavauro posted:

It seems like those numbers are for wrestling, not just an appearance which is most likely a lot lower for most

That makes sense especially for the older guys since appearing for autographs is a hell of a lot easier on the body then a 10-15 minute match that has you bumping

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I emailed rey mysterio about appearance fee versus wrestling fee. If I hear back a difference of at least 50k then it will be somewhat sorted

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The one I posted has some different prices (still a bit outrageous, though)

the ones you posted are certainly more believable. I've heard Mysterio charges a really high fee so he can make decent money on a relaxed schedule.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

forget terry, dory funk is still wrestling

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I don't think Terry's worked since he had surgery, flew cross country to do a match for Dreamer against his doctor's wishes a couple of years ago.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

I don't think Terry's worked since he had surgery, flew cross country to do a match for Dreamer against his doctor's wishes a couple of years ago.

Dreamer thing was in 2013 for his promotion

Since then

quote:

On December 11, 2014, Funk returned to Japan for a Tokyo Gurentai independent event, which saw him, Masakatsu Funaki and Mil Máscaras defeat Kaz Hayashi, Nosawa Rongai and Yoshiaki Fujiwara in a six-man tag team main event.[22]

On October 16, 2015, Funk made an appearance at AIW's Big Trouble in Little Cleveland event, where he attacked Eddie Kingston and his manager, The Duke, destroying the concession stand in the process..

On October 24, 2015 Funk had his last match at USA Championship Wrestling in Jackson, Tennessee at Oman Arena against Jerry Lawler, Lawler went on to win by DQ.

On September 17, 2016, Funk announced his retirement at House of Hardcore 17.[23]

Funk made another return to the ring on September 22, 2017, for the Big Time Wrestling promotion in Raleigh, North Carolina. He teamed with The Rock N' Roll Express in a six-man tag team match, where they defeated Doug Gilbert, Jerry Lawler and Lawler's son Brian Christopher via disqualification

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I feel like his true final match if there is one will be against Lawler

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Chris James 2 posted:

Dreamer thing was in 2013 for his promotion

Since then

I think I'm thinking of the 2016 appearance.

Of course he worked since then.

edit:

yeah

quote:

There was a lot of talk over the weekend regarding Terry Funk, and health issues, stemming from Funk, 72, being in Philadelphia on 9/17 for Tommy Dreamer’s House of Hardcore promotion at the 2300 Arena. Funk was supposed to be in Dreamer’s corner for his main event match against Matt Hardy, who would have Senor Benjamin in his corner. Funk was reportedly feeling light-headed, and he later told us he was just exhausted. In a sense he was crazy to make the trip as Funk had surgery on 9/12 in Texas for an inguinal hernia. He’d needed the surgery for months and was scheduled to get it several weeks ago. That was the reason he didn’t attend the Waterloo Hall of Fame ceremony in late July. We’d reported at the time that the morning of the surgery, Funk drank a large amount of milk when he woke up, forgetting that he was supposed to have an empty stomach for surgery. When they were preparing him, they asked if he’d eaten or drank anything and he told them he had rank milk. They canceled the surgery at the time, noting it could have been fatal, and rescheduled it, but the first date he could get was four days before his bookings for Dreamer in St. James, NY and Philadelphia. Those were bookings he wasn’t going to cancel even though he had canceled a few bookings this year, notably on the DDT major show.

The hernia surgery was very painful and Funk was supposed to stay in bed for about two weeks and not to anything. However, four days later, he woke up at 4 a.m. to fly from Amarillo to La Guardia Airport. He appeared at the New York show, and was driven to Philadelphia after, arriving at 4 a.m. He got up the next morning and signed autographs all day. By the time for the evening show, he was exhausted and asked Dreamer if he could just do an interview and leave early. Dreamer said that Funk was having medical issues, which led to people getting very concerned and even his daughter calling him up noting all the stuff on the Internet about him having a heart attack. He did the interview in the ring and mentioned at the end of the interview that he didn’t want to leave the ring because if he left the ring, it could be for the last time. He’s had various health issues over the last few years including a terrible case of pneumonia last summer. He joked to us that he’s got an appointment with his surgeon the middle of next week to get clearance to get out of bed and leave the house, as they have no idea he’s already flown to the Northeast.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 04:11 on May 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/VcrWrestling/status/996197560418267136

The very tweet he responded to...