Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

...and the winner for worse CGI and worse screenplay goes to......black panther.

Movie sucked rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
:thumbsup:

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

jokes on you since you watched it op

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Actually Black Panther was pretty good and I look forward to buying it on Blu-ray.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

“Another broken white boy we have to fix...”

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I just saw this movie and confirm it's... not good.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

I just rented it today on Amazon. It's a Marvel movie. They're all the same: Fun but forgettable. The only bad part is I'm supposed to remember who these characters are for the next movie.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Untrustable posted:

I just rented it today on Amazon. It's a Marvel movie. They're all the same: Fun but forgettable. The only bad part is I'm supposed to remember who these characters are for the next movie.

Actually Thor: Ragnarok was fun and memorable and an instant classic that I am happy to watch again and again.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Actually the Toby McGuire Spider-Man movie is memorable tyvm

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

The CGI is flying toaster screensaver bad.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 05:37 on May 16, 2018

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Statutory Ape posted:

Actually the Toby McGuire Spider-Man movie is memorable tyvm

I remember how bad it was if that's what you mean :smug:

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016

Applewhite posted:

Actually Thor: Ragnarok was fun and memorable and an instant classic that I am happy to watch again and again.

Yeah. I had zero expectations for this, but it loving rocked. Instant classic for me.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

“Where are all the white women at?”

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

LordoftheScheisse posted:

Yeah. I had zero expectations for this, but it loving rocked. Instant classic for me.

Really they should have just stopped there. As far as I'm concerned all the Marvel films were building to Ragnarok and I could give a poo poo about Thanos or whatever.

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016
Excuse me while I whip this out - Black Panther

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Applewhite posted:

You know what? Fair. Ragnarok was pretty fuckin good with fun characters. Probably the funnest Marvel movie.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
It’s “worst” op, not “worse.”

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

The big battle in the 3rd act was kinda lame but other than that I liked it.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Only marvel movies i would consider watching again are logan and deadpool

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
Originally the role of black panther was to be played by ashton kutcher.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gbs hates black people

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Blast of Confetti posted:

gbs hates black people

The Black people were the best part of the film. Too bad the story was so boring and the action so forgettable not even their excellent acting and beautiful features could save it.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Any other hot takes I can read ITT? Looking forward to it.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Blast of Confetti posted:

gbs hates black people

gently caress you no it doesn't.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Gbs hates white people and thats ok

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
My favorite part of the movie was the Japari Tribe, especially lovable Serval.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I haven't seen a superhero movie since guardians 1 which was fine but slow and from what I gather I missed nothing.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Its all so bland and formulaic. Between zack Snyder's DC CGI masturbation and the Disney machine' cookie cutter marvel schlock it begs the question; when will they loving stop?

Just cranking out this phoned in mediocre milquetoast product. Lump star wars in there now too. Its like a feedback loop.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

BONE DOG posted:

Its all so bland and formulaic. Between zack Snyder's DC CGI masturbation and the Disney machine' cookie cutter marvel schlock it begs the question; when will they loving stop?

Just cranking out this phoned in mediocre milquetoast product. Lump star wars in there now too. Its like a feedback loop.

They'll stop when people stop buying tickets and buying and renting the home media releases. People really like this stuff so expect it to keep getting made until 1 or 2 crash and burn at the box office. The whole Marvel blockbuster concept is unsustainable for too much longer. I'd be fine with a movie industry crash. It would lead to smaller, more interesting movies.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Bip Roberts posted:

I haven't seen a superhero movie since guardians 1 which was fine but slow and from what I gather I missed nothing.

guardians 2 and ragnarok are v watchable

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
CGI notwithstanding, my main problem with BP is the titular character is kinda boring. white and black bad guys are more interesting, little sister is more intereseting, captain of the guard lady is more interesting, gorilla tribe guy is more interesting, cia guy is more interessting. the main character sucks

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Untrustable posted:

They'll stop when people stop buying tickets and buying and renting the home media releases. People really like this stuff so expect it to keep getting made until 1 or 2 crash and burn at the box office. The whole Marvel blockbuster concept is unsustainable for too much longer. I'd be fine with a movie industry crash. It would lead to smaller, more interesting movies.

It'll be a nice change of pace when that happens. We've had almost two decades of this stuff.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
gently caress all of you guys, back panther is great

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

ant man and wasp lady def gonna crash

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Oh wait I thought we were talking about this

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

The Protagonist posted:

ant man and wasp lady def gonna crash

Finally saw the Ant Man movie recently because I couldn't be arsed to see it any sooner. It was boring and bad. A thin gruel of a film.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
its actually pretty good

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

The Protagonist posted:

guardians 2 and ragnarok are v watchable

I bet yr wrong

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

guards 2 is better than 1, rag has jeff goldblum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The Protagonist posted:

guards 2 is better than 1

much better bad guy but i feel slightly worse film overall. no lloyd kaufman either

• Locked thread