Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-14/fedex-s-smith-sees-blockchain-as-next-frontier-for-logistics

fedex announces you should avoid doing business with them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
i can't wait for the next time some dumbass delivery driver leaves my package in the loving dumpster and amazon tries to argue that the blockchain says i received it

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
WTF is a singularityNET and why would anyone give it any credence?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Zopotantor posted:

I am so tempted to buy that and put the :wrong: image on it right now
mirror it so it's a dancing gnorw

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
waiting for the smart contract functionality to hit B Cash

so we can implement unique tradeable tokens

and call them

wait for it

CryptoFelons

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
crypt of elons?

like the rocket guy?

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Boxturret posted:

crypt of elons?

like the rocket guy?

i figure we can algorithmically generate Roger, Charlie, Ross, Trendon, etc, it'll be huge. collect the lot!

in other news

https://twitter.com/ashok/status/996490245280616448

https://twitter.com/ButtCoin/status/995503537365843969

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Boxturret posted:

crypt of elons?

like the rocket guy?

please respect the correct nomenclature

crypt of Grimes’s boyfriend

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

an entire crypt full of elon "grimes "grimey" grimes's boyfriend" muskes

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Boxturret posted:

an entire crypt full of elon "grimes "grimey" grimes's boyfriend" muskes

https://twitter.com/CyberspaceSeven/status/993689589809377280

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Awww dang I'm the creepy age now. :(

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Also holy poo poo that's a really good tweet.

MrAptronym
Jan 4, 2007

"...And then there was Bitcoin."

I have this exact same memory, down to the age of the boyfriend and location of the post-vampire-LARP meeting place. Do I know this person, or is this that common of an issue?

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

MrAptronym posted:

I have this exact same memory, down to the age of the boyfriend and location of the post-vampire-LARP meeting place. Do I know this person, or is this that common of an issue?

It's that common an issue. People from around the world followed up going "holy poo poo it wasn't just me."

also

https://twitter.com/kateleth/status/994666188117426176

also, she did previously think Bail Bloc was a good idea

https://twitter.com/grimezsz/status/938131670011600896

Horrormelon
Jan 28, 2009

Only Gallagher can save us now.
If it's against bail, then wouldn't it be for keeping people in jail?

Oh goddamn it, I just tried to rationalize a cryptocurrency thing.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

you see we'll have one pool of money to keep the person in jail and another to let them out and you pay to keep them in with bitcoins and

Horrormelon
Jan 28, 2009

Only Gallagher can save us now.
Oh,

quote:

This project seeks to engage people in a dialog about the fact that the justice system takes as a basic assumption that poor people will not be able to afford bail.

Yeah, the mechanism put in place to allow poor people (actually anyone not considered a flight risk) to get out of jail is also specifically trying to keep poor people in jail. By giving them a way to get out that they wouldn't have otherwise had. If bail didn't exist and everyone had to wait in jail until their court date, that would be so much fairer for working-class people who have jobs to go to. Makes total sense.

(Disclaimer: I do :clint:recovery work:clint: for the bail industry and I've heard this criticism a bunch. Yeah, anything that costs money is going to be less accessible to the poor, but saying that anything that costs money is bad for the poor is dumb.)

P.S.: buttcoin

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

divabot posted:

It's that common an issue. People from around the world followed up going "holy poo poo it wasn't just me."

also

https://twitter.com/kateleth/status/994666188117426176

also, she did previously think Bail Bloc was a good idea

https://twitter.com/grimezsz/status/938131670011600896

Wow! By running my computer at 100% for 12 months I could raise $30.40, all for the low low cost of $400 in electricity!

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Horrormelon posted:

Oh,

Yeah, the mechanism put in place to allow poor people (actually anyone not considered a flight risk) to get out of jail is also specifically trying to keep poor people in jail. By giving them a way to get out that they wouldn't have otherwise had. If bail didn't exist and everyone had to wait in jail until their court date, that would be so much fairer for working-class people who have jobs to go to. Makes total sense.

(Disclaimer: I do :clint:recovery work:clint: for the bail industry and I've heard this criticism a bunch. Yeah, anything that costs money is going to be less accessible to the poor, but saying that anything that costs money is bad for the poor is dumb.)

source you are quotes

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Horrormelon posted:

Oh,

the idea generally isn't "get rid of bail and make everyone wait in jail forever" the idea is "replace bail with a system that takes income into account and allows alternatives", and since that will never happen in the modern political climate instead "try to help poor people who can't afford bail not have to rely on what's basically incredibly predatory lending"

i'm not sure why you think it's not "bad" for the poor, unless you're one of those "well if you didn't want to be arrested just don't do any crimes!" people

(Disclaimer: I donate directly to the bronx freedom fund and everyone should because it is a legitimately good charity and is not actually associated with the blockchain morons at all and everyone should go donate right now: http://www.thebronxfreedomfund.org/ )

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Horrormelon posted:

Oh,

cash bail completely fucks over the working poor in a way that many can't appreciate. there is countless tales of someone taking a lovely plea deal for a charge they aren't guilty of just simply to get out of jail because they couldn't afford bail and need to get back to work to feed their families. philly's da has done a lot to help fix this situation and i applaud him.

bail as a concept isn't bad, but cash bail is just another way that poor people get disproportionately hosed by our justice system.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

divabot posted:

An absolutely incendiary post on the state of crypto mining, that everyone here should read.

tl;dr even the bits that shouldn't be a scam are a complete scam

and the winner is Bitmain

is bitmane gucci's retarded little brother

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

MrAptronym posted:

not to be nosey but im curious, what does the boyfriend do now

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Alan Smithee posted:

not to be nosey but im curious, what does the boyfriend do now

if it's not "drop shipping on amazon" i will eat my ponytailed ex-boyfriend's fedora

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

AlbieQuirky posted:

if it's not "drop shipping on amazon" i will eat my ponytailed ex-boyfriend's fedora

:toxx:?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

the best bitcoin image ever created :911:

AlbieQuirky posted:

if it's not "drop shipping on amazon" i will eat my ponytailed ex-boyfriend

fixed

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

go all the way don't be a coward like rodger "bcash" ver

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Boxturret posted:

the best bitcoin image ever created :911:

:right:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

:captainpop:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3853638&userid=205160&perpage=40&pagenumber=11#post484120170
see? smilies aren't retroactive :colbert:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

ngl i was debating looking for a mod to edit it but i don't have anyone on speed dial

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
oh i completely misread your post :saddowns:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Sham bam bamina! posted:

oh i completely misread your post :saddowns:

:owned:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

:cb:

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

:eyepoop:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

:wrong:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
:gary: :wrong: :right: :yarg:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

oh thank god I thought someone for a moment bought :dogtits:

• Locked thread