Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Meltdown joking aside, I’m allotting them one stinker this series. If they do it again Thursday, then I’ll be in panic mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Will be interesting to see if this makes them rush Nicky back now.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Kawalimus posted:

The Capitals will lose this series. I can feel it in my bones. If we were going to win we had to go up 3-0.

Do you actually watch hockey, or just check scores and post a lot?

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
The Washington Capitals will win the Stanley Cup.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Wamsutta posted:

This is his gimmick.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Chad Sexington posted:

Will be interesting to see if this makes them rush Nicky back now.

Obviously we don't know how bad it actually is, and the guy wore his glove while signing autographs. But assuming they've just been playing it safe so far, I expect him to suit up Thursday.

At the end of the day, it's the playoffs and you don't get do-overs. Lose the next one and TBL is right back in it. They were able to buy him almost a week, but they need all hands on deck now. 3-1 and losing two straight at home are very different mental places, if he can go even at 80% they need him in there.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Wamsutta posted:

It's his thing. Even winning a cup he would find a negative.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

Washington can easily control this series if they stop taking penalties. 5 of 8 goals by Tampa have been on the PP.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Gunjin posted:

The Washington Capitals will win the Stanley Cup.

:agreed:
:yeah:
:emptyquote:

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

But for real the game was pretty even last night except the Lightning PP was really good. It’s probably a good idea if the Capitals stop taking dumb penalties.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Aside from the awful coverage on the Hedman goal and taking stupid penalties early, the Caps looked mostly fine to me, and they got better as the game went on.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
what is the all time record for one time rippers from the top of the left circle in a playoff series

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Wamsutta posted:

I watch a little bit and check scores and watch some highlights. I watch the whole game if im at a venue where theyre playing it. But I was permanently barred from the place after my reaction to the Penguins game 6 win so I cant go there anymore.

Its just too nerve-wracking for me to keep on and I cant shake that feeling of impending meltdown. Im this way with the Orioles too when theyre doing well. But the Ravens I can watch in its entirety.

Im like this with a lot too. Recently I had a real good bird day where I thought I mightve hit the milestone(for the first time in my birding) of 100 birds at one place in one day. I was so scared I was gonna get stuck at 99 that I wouldnt even start the list for several hours. But I finally did and got 101. Razor-close!

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 14:29 on May 16, 2018

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

I watch a little bit and check scores and watch some highlights. I watch the whole game if im at a venue where theyre playing it. But I was permanently barred from the place after my reaction to the Penguins game 6 win so I cant go there anymore.

Its just too nerve-wracking for me to keep on and I cant shake that feeling of impending meltdown. Im this way with the Orioles too when theyre doing well. But the Ravens I can watch in its entirety.

So what you’re saying is you’re a bad gimmick poster

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

Unintentional gimmick in this case! Really do wish I could watch the whole thing.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

Mind_Taker posted:

But for real the game was pretty even last night except the Lightning PP was really good. It’s probably a good idea if the Capitals stop taking dumb penalties.

Stop taking stupid penalties, and maybe teach loving Orpik how to clear the puck.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

boop the snoot posted:

It's a dogshit gimmick at that

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The guy has a weak heart and likes birds, don't be mean.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/Ginohard_/status/995725085372661760?s=20

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Paul Maurice is literally that drunk guy who just screams "SHOOT THE PUCK" all game

Kawalimus posted:

How the gently caress did you get banned from a place?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Kawalimus posted:

lmao

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

DariusLikewise posted:

He just took it out on his wife
Aw, man, what? This is my gf's favorite player, I didn't know this. I even bought her a jersey. :smith:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

DariusLikewise posted:

Paul Maurice is literally that drunk guy who just screams "SHOOT THE PUCK" all game

It’s probably a case of poo poo that didn’t actually happen.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

DariusLikewise posted:

Yeah I need these details as well.

Also Kawalimus please seek therapy.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Please stop quoting Kawalimus

Paul Maurice is not a particular good coach

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Kawalimus is great because he's the alter ego to Tayne. Instead of all confidence, the boy got none. And it's appropriate given the history of the two teams.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
Maurice said he was talking to Ehlers not Laine. He also told a story about the first time he used the "or do that" was when he was yelling at Geoff Sanderson to shoot the puck and instead he deked three guys and roofed it.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Fifty Three posted:

Aw, man, what? This is my gf's favorite player, I didn't know this. I even bought her a jersey. :smith:

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/story?id=100258&page=1

https://www.nytimes.com/2000/10/23/sports/nhl-roy-is-charged-with-domestic-violence.html

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2007/01/patrick-roy-charged-with-assault.html

Roy was a hell of a goalie but he is an absolute hothead that takes his aggression out on both his wife and other people

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I didnt really get banned from the place btw!! That was a joke :). But I went pretty nuts and Im usually low-key in public about this stuff.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

The correct way to enjoy playoff hockey is at a bar by yourself quietly simmering in angst.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Other people enjoy playoff hockey???

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Wonderllama posted:

Other people enjoy playoff hockey???

Ya it's pretty good when your team wins a lot

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Next you're gonna tell us it was your friend who got barred because you couldn't make it.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

Im like this with a lot too. Recently I had a real good bird day where I thought I mightve hit the milestone(for the first time in my birding) of 100 birds at one place in one day. I was so scared I was gonna get stuck at 99 that I wouldnt even start the list for several hours. But I finally did and got 101. Razor-close!

Didn't you leave a Ravens game at half-time because you thought they were going to blow a lead or something?

Also, for real, if you have this much anxiety:
:therapy:

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
All issues with special teams aside, I do think the Lightning flipped the script at 5v5 yesterday. The Caps had trouble getting controlled zone entries and maintaining possession, and the Bolts did a great job hemming them into their own zone.

The only time the Caps really seemed to figure out was once they pulled Holtby with three minutes left, but that's only because Tampa was less aggressive on the forecheck playing prevent D.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Oh, look. DoPS doesn't punish a clearly dirty, clearly illegal, clearly suspension worthy hit, that would have resulted in a multi-game suspension if Tom Wilson had been the one making the hit. In fact, Wilson was suspended in the preseason of this year for several games FOR A FAR LESS DANGEROUS BOARD.

The NHL is a joke of a league, and they are playing favorites to a degree that should be criminal, and might be as soon as betting becomes legal. I can't wait for the civil suits and criminal complaints that will inevitably come when the different standards that are created for different teams and players become legally actionable due to betting being legal.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

glynnenstein posted:

Oh, look. DoPS doesn't punish a clearly dirty, clearly illegal, clearly suspension worthy hit, that would have resulted in a multi-game suspension if Tom Wilson had been the one making the hit. In fact, Wilson was suspended in the preseason of this year for several games FOR A FAR LESS DANGEROUS BOARD.

The NHL is a joke of a league, and they are playing favorites to a degree that should be criminal, and might be as soon as betting becomes legal. I can't wait for the civil suits and criminal complaints that will inevitably come when the different standards that are created for different teams and players become legally actionable due to betting being legal.

You're talking about the Tom Wilson hit before the game in which he was suspended, right?

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

I have to break kayfabe under the weight of the irony on this one.

quote:

Garbage. Absolute garbage. He's never going to be a repeat offender if you never suspend him because he's not a repeat offender.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

glynnenstein posted:

Yeah probably, but you'd have defended the hit if Wilson did it, so who's the real 7 billion ton monster here?

Not I.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Stralman probably should have got fined for the hit or whatever but who gives a poo poo. Wilson got away with a really bad hit on Dumoulin so feeling persecuted is dumb, Wilson wasn't injured, and also it's not like Stralman has been very good for TB this postseason so it's not like losing him would be a big loss.

Objectively speaking yes the DOPS should suspend bad hits even if they don't result in injury but they don't and anyone who expects otherwise is dumb.

• Locked thread