Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

Really though the first thing you should do in any Pokemon game after catching a Pokemon is take your starter and put it in a box

That’s hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Really though the first thing you should do in any Pokemon game after catching a Pokemon is take your starter and put it in a box

Mods?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Has Been Heroes Showed up at my local library, and I am horrible at it. Any play tip advice?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Pokemon are not your friends. They are an extension of your will. They are power.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I can never remember its name but I liked the new eeveelution that was pink and cute and had ribbons made from its own flesh

e: and the adorable soulless eyes

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It just came out that the first Pokemon was going to have a third Picachu evolution, Gorochu, but it got cut. Now that they're doing an entirely Picachu focused game they'll bring Gorochu back

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Your Computer posted:

I can never remember its name but I liked the new eeveelution that was pink and cute and had ribbons made from its own flesh

e: and the adorable soulless eyes

Sylveon is great

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Guy Goodbody posted:

It just came out that the first Pokemon was going to have a third Picachu evolution, Gorochu, but it got cut. Now that they're doing an entirely Picachu focused game they'll bring Gorochu back

I'm picturing Thanos but yellow, and even more murdery.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Eevee makes a lot of sense as a Pokemon mascot.

- It's cute, want to pet & give treats
- It's fuzzier than Pikachu
- It's defined by one of the franchise's main gimmicks--evolution--instead of never evolving in the anime like Ash's Pikachu

You could have the Main Special Eevee in the anime have a special power where it can evolve multiple times so it hops between different forms and is very cool and good, instead of being like "no evolution is scary I don't want to grow up" like Pikachu

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Poliwhirl should've been mascot

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Given that it's out on Switch this seems like a reasonable place to ask:

Wizard of Legend seems kind of cool. Is there enough variety in the spells/attacks you can get and/or weird combinations of them to make many repeated runs satisfying? I like the idea of an action roguelike where you play as some kind of air-dashing karate wizard.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I never preorder games but I just preordered Hyrule Warriors. I got a nice discount with the Nintendo coins as well.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I typically only do this my second runthrough of a game in the same generation... or if I just plain don't like any of the starters, but that doesn't happen often. Usually I can find one good dog among the starters who I am happy to make my friend and bring through the whole game.

In Sun and Moon, all three of the starters are good dogs, so it's hard to choose.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Eevee is great because Electric types have always been bad and Vaporeon is one of the best Pokemon in the entire series.I always put Thunderbolt on Nidoking or Gengar and left the electric types in the box.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Big announcement is going to be Pokken Tournament Deluxe

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Pikachu and Eevee both suck, if the game is gonna be set in Kanto I’d rather just have my pick of the traditional starters

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

If the titles are any indication it sounds like the different versions are going to lock you in to one of two starters? That'd be a pretty big departure from having the same three choices between the two versions, though I guess it's a throwback to Pokemon Yellow.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Scrap Dragon posted:

Pikachu and Eevee both suck, if the game is gonna be set in Kanto I’d rather just have my pick of the traditional starters

If it's based on yellow you'll probably get all the traditional starters for free

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

If it's based on yellow you'll probably get all the traditional starters for free

Not to mention it's a nonexistant issue if you have Pokebank and any of the recent 3DS games. Or hell, you could probably toss Ratata's into Wonder Trade and pull the full range of starters inside an hour just by random chance.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Not to mention it's a nonexistant issue if you have Pokebank and any of the recent 3DS games. Or hell, you could probably toss Ratata's into Wonder Trade and pull the full range of starters inside an hour just by random chance.

Wonder trade is the best feature since it's full of people dumping their sub-par breeding results into it so you can get lots of cool pokemon for normal play

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

This Pikachu/Eevee debate is heavily dependent on whether or not alolan Raichu is on the table. If not, then it's no contest. The fairy evolution with the creepy flesh ribbons wins out easily. If so, then it could go either way.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
This will be the game where the Gorochu evolution finally happens.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You can't have a Pokemon with four evolutions in a line. That's madness. Mega evolutions don't count

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
the names just make me think "Pokémon spin-off" but I guess that's just me

Sam Faust posted:

This Pikachu/Eevee debate is heavily dependent on whether or not alolan Raichu is on the table. If not, then it's no contest. The fairy evolution with the creepy flesh ribbons wins out easily. If so, then it could go either way.

:hai:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pokemon Fanbase "We just want a Red/Blue/Yellow remake! Give us that game in HD!"

Pokemon Fanbase After Receiving a Potential Yellow Remake "Eeewwww Pikachu and Eevee suck!"

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

You can't have a Pokemon with four evolutions in a line. That's madness. Mega evolutions don't count

Just delete Pichu then

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
didn't they already remake red/blue

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Your Computer posted:

no

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Your Computer posted:

Its only purpose is to be the base of every ROM hack ever.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Your Computer posted:

Yeah but it was pre-gen 4 so it still feels really antiquated.

This is probably a Kanto sequel given the set up from SuMo?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'd be very ok with the new release being a huge Kanto remix with all 150 originals returning with all the QoL improvements, and a big ol grab bag of a few hundred others. All I want though is something in the postgame akin to what BlackWhite2 had because the PWT postgame is loving great.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

More time has passed between the Gen 1 remake and now than there was between Gen 1 and it's remake.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

I'd be very ok with the new release being a huge Kanto remix with all 150 originals returning with all the QoL improvements, and a big ol grab bag of a few hundred others. All I want though is something in the postgame akin to what BlackWhite2 had because the PWT postgame is loving great.

I just want them to balance the leveling curve with exp share in mind this time

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Your Computer posted:

Is this going to be a Red/Blue/Yellow remake like Emerald/Ruby or is it a new game that goes back to being set in Kanto? I mean I guess it doesn't matter all that much but it'd mean a different story setup and/or different gym leaders and stuff I guess

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Detective No. 27 posted:

More time has passed between the Gen 1 remake and now than there was between Gen 1 and it's remake.

Almost twice as long.

OG Red/Green were 96 (English was 98)
Fireref/Leafgreen were 2004

So it was only 8 years (6 if you played an English version) and its been 14 since Firered/Leafgreen

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
Can we get Nintendogs but with Pokemon?

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan
Giving you Eevee/Pikachu as well as a choice of one of the traditional starters seems like the way to go.

Didn't they give you a starter, then one of the Gen1 starters in X/Y? I think you got Char/Squir/Bulb after the first gym?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Infinitum posted:

Pokemon Fanbase "We just want a Red/Blue/Yellow remake! Give us that game in HD!"

Pokemon Fanbase After Receiving a Potential Yellow Remake "Eeewwww Pikachu and Eevee suck!"

perhaps... these are different groups of people

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jables88 posted:

Didn't they give you a starter, then one of the Gen1 starters in X/Y? I think you got Char/Squir/Bulb after the first gym?

Yup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Harrow posted:

Is this going to be a Red/Blue/Yellow remake like Emerald/Ruby or is it a new game that goes back to being set in Kanto? I mean I guess it doesn't matter all that much but it'd mean a different story setup and/or different gym leaders and stuff I guess

From the rumors it’s actually more a sequel to Yellow then a remake. You’re going to play as a new trainer and Red/Blue trainers are going to feature into the story somehow but you won’t be playing as either of them

Also the best Alola version of a Pokémon is Marowak because he’s a dinosaur bone themed lizard that hits poo poo with a ghost bone

• Locked thread