Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Sami Zayn a good friend?
This poll is closed.
[Truth] Yes 61 56.48%
[Truth] No, but only because I'm a monster 4 3.70%
[Lie] No 3 2.78%
[Lie] I'm Sami Zayn 40 37.04%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Brass knuckles match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Honorable samurai duel, nakamura comes out dressed like guan yu and wielding a bat'leth

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams

Neurolimal posted:

If they went with a threeway power-struggle where Charlotte can beat Asuka, Asuka beats Carmella, and Carmella beats Charlotte that could make for some fun stories and teamups to try to tip odds in their favor.

Asuka, Charlotte, and Carmella is the Rock Paper Scissors of WWE

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Incidentally, that lines up with the gradual scale of ring performance to mic performance, with Charlotte being the boring middle.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Trip report from my first ever live event last night :D

- Birmingham is a garbage tier city, don't ever go there
- Seeing people I've watched for decades in some cases actually being in front of me in person was so weird it kinda broke my brain at first
- We scored killer tickets, right down by the entrance with a clear view of the ring. We spent the entire night leaping back and forth over rows of chairs every time the bell rang so that we could get over to the barricade
- Finn Balor is so loving over. I'm assuming he got a little bit of a bump cause of being from our part of the world but even so he was far and away the top guy. More people were wearing his merch than anyone else's and there were chants the entire way through his match with Baron Corbin. I got the entire arena doing a duelling LET'S GO BALOR/CORBIN SUCKS chant which felt pretty awesome.
- Seth Rollins was also upper tier for very understandable reasons. He defended the title against Jinder and it was very fun
- Everyone went mental for Elias as well. He played along to OH WALK WITH ELIAS chants and then him and Roode did Wonderwall
- The only woman the crowd gave a poo poo about was Ember who got a whole bunch of support which gives me really good hopes for how she fares on the main roster. Also thehe Eclipse looks so good in person
- BRAUN was popular but nowhere near the levels of Seth or Finn although this might be cause he got lumped with Roman and Lashley in a main event against KO/SZ/Joe which was blatantly switched from Roman/Joe to stop everyone walking out early. Also BRAUN is only an inch taller than me so kayfabe is dead
- Finn Balor is every bit as hot as he looks on TV and has the most amazing abs
- Liv Morgan is insanely more hot than she looks on TV and has the most amazing abs
- Watching wrestling is somehow the most exhausting experience I can remember. I felt more wrecked after that than I have after music festivals. Me and my friends had such a great time though and we're already working out when we can see it all again.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

Is Kenny Williams normally a Kushida cosplayer or was that just for 205?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Rarity was Ember getting a big pop a Birmingham having a large Afro-Carbidden population or was it just a general deal? If you could tell?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rovert posted:

Rarity was Ember getting a big pop a Birmingham having a large Afro-Carbidden population or was it just a general deal? If you could tell?

reported for racism

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

D.N. Nation posted:

Charlotte's whole deal is that she's overwhelmingly awesome; that aesthetic doesn't work with MITB, which needs to go to someone clever and opportunistic or conniving and chickenshit. (Which is also why Braun shouldn't win it.) Yeah, Cena won it once, but that was to set up the champ he was cashing in on turning heel.

It was also the first failed cash-in, because they realised whoever failed would look like a loser and Cena could easily take that.

Evil Canadian posted:

Next week bobby's sisters segment is going to die a horrible death. This stuff never works. The fact that alexa came out right after only hammers that home since she was the last one to pull that kind of segment.

A lot of that segment could have been redeemed by having Bayley talk about how Alexa made it all up, she's not a kissless virgin weirdo, she just keeps positive and allows herself to keep her sense of childlike wonder and be a positive role model!

Instead, Bayley being a huge loser nerd is canon.

shiksa posted:

what if bobby's sisters are a sexy vampire clan and their secret about bobby's past is that he's also a vampire

its about time wwe did blade

That would involve Bobby gaining personality, and WWE doing something different. I'd love that a thousand times more than the bullshit they don't have planned.

Chris James 2 posted:

WWE's hosed up Lashley both times they had him, and TNA didn't gently caress him up the only time they had him

Can you give a quick summary of Lashley in TNA to describe why he was good? Genuinely curious, as he always seemed painfully generic apart from his physique.

Son of Man posted:

white fan: I forgive hulk hogan

I don't. But more importantly I don't want him loving anywhere near my TV.

Web Jew.0 posted:

That was wrong place wrong time for Batista. If he came back without taking Bryan's spot, fans would've accepted him with open arms.

.....he also had bad matches (bad opponents contributed heavily), was booked wrong, and was peak mockable Batista fashion sense.

MassRafTer posted:

Dave's point was a lot more nuanced. He thinks it is way too early and the wrong opponent. There's no story, you risk the crowd thinking she is being handed it, you lose out on the chase and then you get to Nia being the worst opponent. He sees Asuka as the right one for the obvious reasons and because she's worked with a lot of green wrestlers before so she might be able to keep things together if Ronda gets lost.

What mad person looks a few months ahead and thinks to have Nia Jax vs. Ronda and not Asuka. God I wish it was Asuka.

Rarity posted:

Trip report from my first ever live event last night :D

Glad to hear you had a great time. I love when people get surprised that the super hot wrestlers are indeed super hot.

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.

Rarity posted:

Also BRAUN is only an inch taller than me so kayfabe is dead

Either Braun is much shorter than he appears or you're a giant.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wazzu posted:

Can you give a quick summary of Lashley in TNA to describe why he was good? Genuinely curious, as he always seemed painfully generic apart from his physique.

I wasn't a super regular viewer but from what I remember it was just simply booking him as a MMA bad rear end who would kick rear end and not do much of the goofy stuff that undermines that kind of character. He was booked as an rear end kicker and he seemed to regularly deliver in headline matches.

I'm also not watching WWE right now but it sorta just seems like the usual WWE thing where they book everyone the same way so someone who was looking good booked a certain way elsewhere at best disappears into the roster and at worst gets exposed.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh yeah, also Pete Dunne defended the UK title against Mark Andrews in the best match of the night. Never paid attention to Andrews before but he was electric.

rovert posted:

Almost everyone I saw in the arena was white

DukeofCA posted:

Either Braun is much shorter than he appears or you're a giant.

6'1"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rarity posted:

- Birmingham is a garbage tier city, don't ever go there
It's funny because this applies to every Birmingham I can think of.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Braun is actually 6'8, he did strongman and powerlifting stuff pre-WWE where they use real heights.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I wasn't a super regular viewer but from what I remember it was just simply booking him as a MMA bad rear end who would kick rear end and not do much of the goofy stuff that undermines that kind of character. He was booked as an rear end kicker and he seemed to regularly deliver in headline matches.

Pretty much this yeah. He wasn't a goofy guy just trying to have fun and entertain fans, he wasn't a clearly-green guy being given a mic and told to cut promos with a lisp, he was taken seriously for the most part, and even when he had to do the very-rare comedy bit (fighting Edwards out of the ring and building during their match, and reappearing still fighting into the woods randomly midway through the hourlong Hardy compound main event that had nothing to do with either) it worked because it wasn't the norm and it wasn't out of place for that character. He didn't botch as much as he already has since his return, and even had legit good matches/feuds, like with Edwards

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Isn't "real fighter who beats you up good because he fought for real" basically Brock Lesnar, though

That works for TNA because I assume they dont already have a Brock Lesnar, but I dont blame WWE for not turning their programming into League Of MMAUFC: The Posterboard Square

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Nia/Ronda will hopefully be an entertaining train wreck. Which feels like 80% of my reason for watching any main roster WWE these days. And the booking is just so aggressively bad and spiteful to fans that even hate-watching is quickly losing its entertainment value.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lashley was actually there pretty much every week, so it was better

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

rovert posted:

Jesus, dude

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Rarity posted:

Almost everyone I saw in the arena was white

The first city to give Ember any kind of reaction reading the reports.

At the Dublin show Sasha, Bayley and Rollins were even more over than their current push. The latter felt like the GUY.

Davros1 posted:

Jesus, dude

Yawn. Parts of the UK are pretty diverse. It is a question worth asking. It was a possible reason why Jinder got cheered in London.

rovert fucked around with this message at 15:21 on May 16, 2018

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

"I went to a show, Lashley got a huge reaction!"

"Yeah but how many BLACKS were in the arena?"

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Neurolimal posted:

Honorable samurai duel, nakamura comes out dressed like guan yu and wielding a bat'leth

OK, we're inching into Westworld here, pull it back.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Alan_Shore posted:

"I went to a show, Lashley got a huge reaction!"

If it was a city known for a fairly big population yes. If Almas got an especially big reaction in Texas what would you put it down to?

I am a big Ember Moon fan even before she was Ember Moon you can check for evidence in the Indie and NXT thread. Your post is reaching very hard. She's great and should be a lot more over than she should be. She was more over in front of NXT/WWE crowds before she got on NXT TV and given a half-formed gimmick and was wrestling as Adrienne Reese on live events.

Also lol at the idea at Lashley getting a big reaction anywhere these days.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

rovert posted:

It was a possible reason why Jinder got cheered in London.

We all know the answer, cmon

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Alan_Shore posted:

I am pretending your avatar is asking this line and I can't stop laughing.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

rovert posted:

Yawn. Parts of the UK are pretty diverse. It is a question worth asking. It was a possible reason why Jinder got cheered in London.

It's because he was in angles with Roman hth

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Rarity posted:

It's because he was in angles with Roman hth

Obviously.

But there is an affinity for Indian culture in London too.

The Bhangra Knights were a big early act in PROGRESS Wrestling.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rovert posted:

If it was a city known for a fairly big population yes. If Almas got an especially big reaction in Texas what would you put it down to?

I am a big Ember Moon fan even before she was Ember Moon you can check for evidence in the Indie and NXT thread. Your post is reaching very hard. She's great and should be a lot more over than she should be. She was more over in front of NXT/WWE crowds before she got on NXT TV and given a half-formed gimmick and was wrestling as Adrienne Reese on live events.

Also lol at the idea at Lashley getting a big reaction anywhere these days.

Yeah but what about the Romani demo?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DoctorGonzo posted:

Yeah but what about the Romani demo?

Too busy buying merch.

Well.... getting merch anyway.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
rovert asked a reasonable question and you guys need to stop letting your white guilt get the best of you

regards,
a brown person

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

rovert posted:

:yikes:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Actually she got a huge cheer because of the high werewolf populous in that country. Just ask Warren Zevon.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Next, I will be attributing Bruno Sammartino's popularity to the number of Italian Americans on the East Coast of America.

Saint Freak posted:

Actually she got a huge cheer because of the high werewolf populous in that country. Just ask Warren Zevon.

lol

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Anyway what did you guys think of the UK dudes on 205 Live?

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

piss tape israel posted:

rovert asked a reasonable question and you guys need to stop letting your white guilt get the best of you

regards,
a brown person

Again, I'm imagining your avatar is 100% seriously saying this and I can't stop laughing.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'm just glad we're past the days when everyone on here was totally fine talking about the Latino tv ratings for SmackDown. it's god damned horrifying

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Reddit: yeah I forgive him I mean who hasn't had a a *momentary lapse in character during a difficult time.

* = Tokyo bombed the n-word when you're crabby

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I still think about Latino TV every day but he's been gone 13 years now, it's time to let go.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

rovert posted:

Anyway what did you guys think of the UK dudes on 205 Live?

All of them except for Tyler Bate have star quality. Which is fine I guess, if they're building a division they need guys to fill out the roster and none were bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Kaveman posted:

All of them except for Tyler Bate have star quality. Which is fine I guess, if they're building a division they need guys to fill out the roster and none were bad.

Flash has gotten over in PWG so he can get over but his physique will really test the theory that bodies don't really matter anyone.

Massive Kenny Williams fan. Was the star of the ITV World of Sport pilot.

• Locked thread