Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Libs
AA
RF
Capn
Pmush
Byers
KB
Kumba
TMM
Pig
Fascist

With one of the bottom 4 for hitler.

I probably left someone out.

Libs
AA 
Pmush
Kb
DB
Kumba
Byers
Capn
TMM
RF
Pig
Fascist

And just for the record, since it can be quoted, the top is his list from less than 24 hours ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
hmmm... so this means....

cpig...... may be good guy??

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I will do a list too

Libs
Pig
Kb
Byers
Kumba
DB
TMM
Capn
Pmush
RF
AA
Fascist

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##Nominate KB

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

TMMadman posted:

The only way to put me that low is because you are a fascist or because you are just being oblivious.

AA, if i was acting this exact same way in mafia would be calling me scum?

Sorry that list is admittedly bad. I'm sick today, it's a poor excuse but an honest one.

I'd say your push for Kumba probably puts you in a "likely liberal" category.

That also makes KB look good

It makes RF bad
Pig is bad

P Mush might be bad

capn is might be bad

Kumba is tinfoil bad but probably good

Byers is probably bad, it was a scummy move to pull that wording into the context of a scumslip. A unanimous A-ha! I think he's trying hard to look good and I feel like that was a scum playbook play.

Fascists libs for scummy bad good respectively.

Please forgive readability, typing on an unwieldy tablet laying down.

Uh whoo else

DB might be good

I realize I look bad, but that's just usually the case.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote No

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
:toot: ##vote no

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
#vote no

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
##vote no

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
##vote no

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Just for the record, with 3 liberal cards out of 12 there is like a 60% chance that the next President will pull a liberal card in the new shuffled deck.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##vote no

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Fall 1931

Splinters are starting to show as a president fails to form a government for the first time. The populace is patient for now.

Game status:

2 cards in the policy deck
10 cards in the discard pile

2 Fascist policies passed
3 Liberal policies passed

Presidency order:

kumba
Anomalous Amalgam
TMMadman
Byers2142
PMush Perfect
CapnAndy
King Burgundy
CapitalistPig
Dick Bastardly
Retro Futurist

Previous administration was Dick Bastardly and kumba.

Nomination deadline: 19th May, 16:00 GMT

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
okay so this turn is going to be pretty pivotal, i am open to suggestion about nomination. i'm currently thinking tmm

i'd also like to talk about who we should put up for special election if we end up passing fash today. i'm thinking db or maybe byers. i've cooled on my 'maybe bad guy' read on byers

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'd be ok with TMM today.

I'd be ok with a Byers or DB special election.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
to DB and Byers:

if you were to be specially elected, who would you nominate as chancellor?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

King Burgundy posted:

I'd be ok with TMM today.

I'd be ok with a Byers or DB special election.

I agree with this with a slight leaning toward byers over db.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
TMM is doing good work

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

kumba posted:

to DB and Byers:

For the record, we'd be at Hitler zone if they got special elected, at which point I'd suggest the closest person to confirmed non Hitler we have. Me. Even the couple people who claim to think I'm fascist like RF, can't possibly think I'm Hitler. But most people agree that I'm liberal at this point and I've been investigated, making me the safest choice.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
So I slept through being able to quote AA's list, but it was absurd; kumba is by a wide margin the most trustworthy person in this game right now.

TMM is doing good work
And, umm, even though I can't quote that list any more you guys can all still go back and re-look at it, and you should, because he had TMM as his third most fascist player on it. This is why I don't trust you, AA.

Also for the record I don't trust TMM and would vote no. I'd take DB, or CPig in a pinch -- yes I know CPig's in lockout but if I had to guess between him and RF, I guess him.

Also also, rules question: Next fascist power is getting to preview the next three policies in the deck, right? Will the President be aware of their order as well -- i.e. this is on top, this will be drawn second, this will be drawn third?

Dancer
May 23, 2011

CapnAndy posted:

Also also, rules question: Next fascist power is getting to preview the next three policies in the deck, right? Will the President be aware of their order as well -- i.e. this is on top, this will be drawn second, this will be drawn third?

Next power is the special election. The policy peek only happens in a 5-6 player game.

(and, just for the record: yes, the president would be aware).

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

kumba posted:

to DB and Byers:

I would nom Byers.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Dancer posted:

The policy peek only happens in a 5-6 player game.

wtf i don't see that in the rules anywhere. what are these shenanigans!!!

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Welp. I'm only now realizing that the way I presented the exem powers may have not been entirely clear. They are these, in that order:

Dancer posted:

I think the last thing I absolutely need to point out is the list of executive powers. Reminder that these are one-time powers that can be used by the sitting president when a Fascist policy is passed. They go as follows:
- Investigation - the President chooses a player and sees their party Identity Card (i.e. Hitler or a Fascist will show up as "Fascist")
- Investigation
- Special Election - the President selects the next President. After that election cycle, we go back to normal seating order (e.g.: If PMush Perfect selects kumba for the special election, kumba gets to nominate a Chancellor, and after that we go back to CapnAndy as president, not Anomalous Amalgam)
- Assassination - the President selects a player who is instantly assassinated, and completely removed from the game. They may no longer talk. If the player is Hitler, then the game ends with a Liberal victory
- Assassination & Unlocking of the veto power

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CapnAndy posted:

So I slept through being able to quote AA's list, but it was absurd; kumba is by a wide margin the most trustworthy person in this game right now.

I'm curious if this concerns you at all?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'd also be okay with Byers.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

TMMadman posted:

I'm curious if this concerns you at all?
I assume you mean w/r/t to him being possibly Hitler? I've decided that no, it doesn't. If he's Hitler he is the world's best Hitler and I will buy him a mug to that effect. At some point you need to quit with the WIFOM and actually trust somebody, and I'm okay with losing if I'm wrong here.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

kumba posted:

to DB and Byers:

Probably DB. You and TMM would be blocked due to term limits, Andy I feel like is clearly fascist, and between DB and PMush I think she's the more likely Hitler.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Byers2142 posted:

Probably DB. You and TMM would be blocked due to term limits, Andy I feel like is clearly fascist, and between DB and PMush I think she's the more likely Hitler.

No term limits I don't think, for special election.

Also, no one has commented on my great idea of myself once we enter Hitler Zone. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

King Burgundy posted:

No term limits I don't think, for special election.

Also, no one has commented on my great idea of myself once we enter Hitler Zone. :)

Oh, looked it back up, I guess chancellor is still limited. Only president pick for the special election isn't limited.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

Oh, looked it back up, I guess chancellor is still limited. Only president pick for the special election isn't limited.

You're being slightly ambiguous and I'm not sure if you're wrong or not. To clarify: Both members of the previous administration are term-limited, regardless of how special the election is, and cannot be nominated as chancellor. They can only be in government by having the Presidency rotate to them (in which case it doesn't matter what their role was in the previous admin).

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Dancer posted:

You're being slightly ambiguous and I'm not sure if you're wrong or not. To clarify: Both members of the previous administration are term-limited, regardless of how special the election is, and cannot be nominated as chancellor. They can only be in government by having the Presidency rotate to them (in which case it doesn't matter what their role was in the previous admin).

Right, but anyone but the current president can be picked as president for special election right? Term limits don't apply to that. Just to the chancellor pick. That is all I was saying with my correction.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

For the record, we'd be at Hitler zone if they got special elected, at which point I'd suggest the closest person to confirmed non Hitler we have. Me. Even the couple people who claim to think I'm fascist like RF, can't possibly think I'm Hitler. But most people agree that I'm liberal at this point and I've been investigated, making me the safest choice.

I was thinking about this; if we get to three fascist policies, there is some validity to the idea that we select the likely liberal(s) from the frozen players for Chancellor, with a zero tolerance policy. Simply put, if they get into an argument with the President over cards, they never are Chancellor again. It risks a fascist Chancellor, but tries to avoid a Hitler Chancellor.

As long as we don't see KB making fascist plays or getting into conflict, having him as one of our two Chancellors isn't a bad idea. But we need two that we can alternate between, and for my second I'm leaning DB from the choices in front of me, which if I've done the math right doesn't risk needing a third Chancellor down the line.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

Right

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

Right, but anyone but the current president can be picked as president for special election right? Term limits don't apply to that. Just to the chancellor pick. That is all I was saying with my correction.

No, anyone in government last time can't be picked. So if kumba-TMM government plays a third fascist, both are term-limited and can not be selected.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I do like the idea of pegging someone currently locked out for Chancellor once we hit the Hitler Zone. They're probably either lib or a regular fascist, since I don't think Hitler would out himself so easily.

There's also the outside chance that Hitler + a fascist made a really ballsy play, but without OoT communication, that feels incredibly unlikely.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Byers2142 posted:

No, anyone in government last time can't be picked. So if kumba-TMM government plays a third fascist, both are term-limited and can not be selected.

Hmm, here is the section of the rules I'm looking at:

quote:

The President chooses any other player at the table to be the next Presidential Candidate. Any player can become President—even players that are term-limited.

I mean, I don't think we are suggesting this anyway, but I just want to make sure I understand the rules.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

Hmm, here is the section of the rules I'm looking at:

I mean, I don't think we are suggesting this anyway, but I just want to make sure I understand the rules.

Oh, apparently my friends and I have been playing it wrong then.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
yea if i get the special election, i can pick anyone, but the person i pick cannot pick me or my chancellor of this turn for the special chancellor

is how i read the rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Does anyone think it's odd that Cap says that kumba is the most trustworthy player but he isn't willing to trust kumba if I'm picked chancellor? Especially in this situation. We're at 3L2F, so there is no danger in terms of immediately winning the game. If a fascist policy does get passed (regardless of why) then Caps most trustworthy player would get the power. Plus if a fascist power is passed and there is a conflict in between me and kumba then he would be in a better position to convince people that I'm a fascist.

• Locked thread