Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'd love another generation like 5 where you don't even see any previous Pokemon until you clear the Elite Four. Nearly 150 brand new Pokemon. What a great, ambitious generation. And pretty much all of the new ones were great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
Reached the final boss in Wizard of Legend on run 33 using a crit heal build. Plenty of sustain fighting rooms full of enemies, not so much here. Seems like a successful run should take around 45 minutes with full exploration. I cracked under pressure on the last few hits though, so I couldn't tell you what happens after.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puDPp_GUffY

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
New engine, remake Gold/Silver, but reverse it so that you start in Kanto and go to Johto after the League. jk make a new one please

Fun Times! fucked around with this message at 17:19 on May 16, 2018

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Kaubocks posted:

if there are no other pokemon then who will ditto transform into

it will finally be allowed to be itself :unsmith:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Asnorban posted:

This new Pokemon game should come with something that allows me to even see a shiny pokemon. I've played every generation, have put hundreds and hundreds of hours in, never even seen a shiny.

DizzyBum posted:

:same: Been playing since Red/Blue and I have never encountered or hatched a single shiny.

At least I've caught a few shinies in Pokemon Go! :v:

MACHU

Get a load of these veterans forgetting shiny Gyarados in Gen 2.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Healbot posted:

Get a load of these veterans forgetting shiny Gyarados in Gen 2.

Uhhh excuse me, true veterans such as myself don't count a 100% force-spawned shiny. :nyd:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Switch should have a 6-Smeargle challenge mode.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
All you people talking about Pokemon, just give me Rock Band Labo

content
Feb 13, 2014

Astro7x posted:

All you people talking about Pokemon, just give me Brock Band Labo

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
I totes feel ya on the Zelda master trials! Getting through the first one was kinda neat I guess but after a few goes at trial 2 I said screw it there are better games for that kind of poo poo like Bayonetta. The BOTW-ey starting with no resources and scrapping gear and food together sounds like a fun take on the series of bad guy rooms formula but with the chance to just get wrecked and no checkpoints making you repeat everything AGAIN nooope. Skipped most of the DLC items too cause after a couple of reading hints and hunting them out myself it just felt like :effort: for things I wasn't gonna use anyway. Overall not a fan of the DLC and wish I didn't buy it. The extra shrines and boss rehashes were cool, though by that point I was about checked out and just went and slayed Ganon.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
It's too bad they couldn't make interesting bosses instead of using the same one in every battle, then making you redo them in the DLC.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

teh_Broseph posted:

I totes feel ya on the Zelda master trials! Getting through the first one was kinda neat I guess but after a few goes at trial 2 I said screw it there are better games for that kind of poo poo like Bayonetta. The BOTW-ey starting with no resources and scrapping gear and food together sounds like a fun take on the series of bad guy rooms formula but with the chance to just get wrecked and no checkpoints making you repeat everything AGAIN nooope. Skipped most of the DLC items too cause after a couple of reading hints and hunting them out myself it just felt like :effort: for things I wasn't gonna use anyway. Overall not a fan of the DLC and wish I didn't buy it. The extra shrines and boss rehashes were cool, though by that point I was about checked out and just went and slayed Ganon.

I went about it super cautiously and beat it, but I'll admit it could be more fun with less risk. I would've liked to have gone a bit more gung-ho but then there'd of been a huge loss of time.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/996799666074238982

Super Neptunia RPG (Previously known as Brave Neptune) is coming to Switch this fall.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/996802121570729984?s=21

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I went about it super cautiously and beat it, but I'll admit it could be more fun with less risk. I would've liked to have gone a bit more gung-ho but then there'd of been a huge loss of time.
If a Hinox killed someone by "standing up" they were pushing it too far or didn't know the fight. Like I'm not understanding why button mashing should work or be rewarded in that situation, run away and re-cycle the encounter to do more damage.

Mega64 posted:

This guide will help. It lists all the holy numbers

As far as I know, it's random what you get, but the best investment is to submit any one colored scrap and x1 to x3 the holy number of regular scrap. I assume x1 is fine enough, may experiment a bit more on this later.

Anyway I've really been digging A Robot Named Fight, it's a solid roguelite Metroid knockoff and has been eating up a lot of my time so far.
Found that guide, all I really need is a table of names/numbers though. I've tried giving holy number x colored scrap and couldn't tell the difference. It'd be nice to have some way to make the mini-gods hold off on scooping up scrap. I'm at the final boss door for the second time, debating if I want to wait until I'm at a TV to finish.

Is there a L joy con that puts the D-pad up where the analog one is? I prefer digital inputs for platforms like ARNF, but can't comfortably use the left d-pad in handheld.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

ARNF's shrine rooms are kind of infuriatingly random. I only donate if I have absolutely nothing left to buy and I'm desperate.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It’s just like that meme!:lol:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Dehry posted:

https://twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/996799666074238982

Super Neptunia RPG (Previously known as Brave Neptune) is coming to Switch this fall.

Well, the Switch had a good run but it looks like it has a terminal case of the animes.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

This meme is loving dead now

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

JawnV6 posted:

If a Hinox killed someone by "standing up" they were pushing it too far or didn't know the fight. Like I'm not understanding why button mashing should work or be rewarded in that situation, run away and re-cycle the encounter to do more damage.

Found that guide, all I really need is a table of names/numbers though. I've tried giving holy number x colored scrap and couldn't tell the difference. It'd be nice to have some way to make the mini-gods hold off on scooping up scrap. I'm at the final boss door for the second time, debating if I want to wait until I'm at a TV to finish.

Is there a L joy con that puts the D-pad up where the analog one is? I prefer digital inputs for platforms like ARNF, but can't comfortably use the left d-pad in handheld.

No to do that you would need to totally redesign the controller. Current mods just cover over the button contacts

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oxyclean posted:

Well, the Switch had a good run but it looks like it has a terminal case of the animes.

Good, normies gtfo

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Oxyclean posted:

You think those are Joycons you're holding?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
So yeah, those Pokemon rumors are looking more and more true

Dehry posted:

https://twitter.com/project_eevee/status/964061171580989445

(Official Pokemon account for "Project Eevee")

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Oxyclean posted:

look at this goon, not wanting a new valkyrie profile

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Zore posted:

So yeah, those Pokemon rumors are looking more and more true

The incoming salt is going to be great. As for the gameplay itself, my money is on a higher res version of Sun/Moon and not much else

People have been expecting more given the effort that went into botw and Mario but yo this is Pokemon were talking about

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Wizard of Legend is very good. It definitely suffers a little bit from a lack of variety and a kind of uninspired structure to the maps, but the combat makes up for it. It's super snappy and has a good feel and speed to it, and it's really cool trying out different sets of spells and falling into a flow with whatever you're using at the moment. Honestly you could kind of strip away the roguelike pretense and just give me a Bloody Palace type game mode where I can fight a whole lot and I'd be just as happy.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Gumdrop Larry posted:

Wizard of Legend is very good. It definitely suffers a little bit from a lack of variety and a kind of uninspired structure to the maps, but the combat makes up for it. It's super snappy and has a good feel and speed to it, and it's really cool trying out different sets of spells and falling into a flow with whatever you're using at the moment. Honestly you could kind of strip away the roguelike pretense and just give me a Bloody Palace type game mode where I can fight a whole lot and I'd be just as happy.

Yeah a mode where you picked six spells and just fought till you dropped would be good fun

Get wizard of legend y'all it's good

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Can't wait for the Detective Pikachu sequel: Eevee District Attorney.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Due to previously-undetected levels of anime, the Switch Fund will be reprocessed into the PS4 Pro And Madden 19 Fund

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

KingSlime posted:

People have been expecting more given the effort that went into botw and Mario but yo this is Pokemon were talking about

I'm not expecting anything as massive and polished as those titles, but it would be nice to see Pokemon stretch its legs now that it's on a home console. Not everything needs to be open world (and too much is already), but if there's one game franchise that should probably go that route, Pokemon is it. It's all about exploring new areas, discovering new 'Mon, and becoming the very best like no one ever was. It would make for a great sprawling, free roaming title.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Pokemon Blood Moon and Dark Sun, set in the ruined world of Kanto, 10,000 years after Calamity Gengar. You awake with nothing but a mysterious object, the Pokéslate, to guide you.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Suspicious Cook posted:

I'm not expecting anything as massive and polished as those titles, but it would be nice to see Pokemon stretch its legs now that it's on a home console. Not everything needs to be open world (and too much is already), but if there's one game franchise that should probably go that route, Pokemon is it. It's all about exploring new areas, discovering new 'Mon, and becoming the very best like no one ever was. It would make for a great sprawling, free roaming title.

It would be way worse imo

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Suspicious Cook posted:

Open world meshes incredibly poorly with traditional levelling RPGs. Pokemon would be garbage as an open world game or MMO.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Zore posted:

Open world meshes incredibly poorly with traditional levelling RPGs. Pokemon would be garbage as an open world game or MMO.

Get rid of the traditional leveling then. Pokémon needs a big change even more than pre- BOTW Zelda did imo.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

Get rid of the traditional leveling then. Pokémon needs a big change even more than pre- BOTW Zelda did imo.

Yeah let’s ruin pokemon

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

Or we could not do that because it sounds awful

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

SeANMcBAY posted:

Zelda didn't need to change (though BotW ruled) and pokemon doesn't either (though a radical departure could rule)

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Takoluka posted:

look at this goon, not wanting a new valkyrie profile

yea it'll definitely be that and not another thousand of these things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Andrast posted:

Yeah let’s ruin pokemon

It could be a done in a way that wouldn’t ruin it.

There should be other changes as well, like how about getting rid of random encounters and instead you see Pokémon walking around the field like Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, every good RPG, etc.?

• Locked thread