Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Bundt Cake posted:

magic moment

anyone watched huerta v guida lately? i still look back at that as maybe the most exciting fight that wasnt for a title or anything
Like 5 posts up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

CommonShore posted:

Florian's finish of Guida

http://i50.tinypic.com/3144kmu.gif wont embed for some reason

I love how he floats under Guida's counter right and takes the back for the RNC.

It's textbook which is why it stands out so much. Kinda like Quarry going down like a tree to Franklin's straight left.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Ditch posted:

Like 5 posts up.

oops thank you

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Ol' Chaddy Mendes delivered some quality Guida slaughter.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
the Bendo fight was cool because Guida’s gameplan was endless scrambles and Bendo got the better of every single one. Guida was genuinely confused that he lost becuase normally when his fights are constant wrestling without him hurting his opponent he wins.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Fat Twitter Man posted:

the Bendo fight was cool because Guida’s gameplan was endless scrambles and Bendo got the better of every single one. Guida was genuinely confused that he lost becuase normally when his fights are constant wrestling without him hurting his opponent he wins.

I know everyone hates Bendo but he had some cool fights.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

YOLOsubmarine posted:

yeah the one where he got kicked in the face off the cage and the one where he got melted by RDa and the one in bellator where the russian dude smacked him all around the ring

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Skip My Posts posted:

yeah the one where he got kicked in the face off the cage and the one where he got melted by RDa and the one in bellator where the russian dude smacked him all around the ring

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2UMMUcbrG2A

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

thank god hes dead

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

YOLOsubmarine posted:

he was fun versus bad fighters but dire to watch versus good ones

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

He's surprisingly entertaining to watch as a pure grappler.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

His run up to the title are all cool as hell, and idk if he ever had a bad one in the WEC. If he did I didn't see it.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Bendo ruined LW and MMA never recovered

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Hmmm....

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
It’s not tj so I’m sure that challenge will be accepted immediately

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I don't blame MM for not wanting to take the fight that makes the UFC the most money when the UFC won't promote him or pay him like a champion.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

This - this - will be the time that the "MM is a coward" conversation is good and interesting.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
didnt cejudo already lose in a one of a kind magical destruction

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
This guy who kicked my rear end sucks and plays videogames lol

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

CommonShore posted:

This - this - will be the time that the "MM is a coward" conversation is good and interesting.

The haters won't let it go.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I like that Cejudo is calling MM out for being unpopular but his scorching hot take has 8 retweets

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
need to give my bosses the economic incentive to give me this rematch with the guy who insanely kicked my rear end, going to point out that nobody wants to watch him fight and tell my 2000 twitter followers

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Also I think it's pretty sexist for Cejudo to post that tweet knowing that UFC 224 has a very good shot at shattering at least one of Mighty Mouse's records.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
DJ is a ducking coward and if you think people saying that isn't interesting the easiest way to fix this is if he'd stop ducking.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

...and the pitch! posted:

I don't blame MM for not wanting to take the fight that makes the UFC the most money when the UFC won't promote him or pay him like a champion.

Lol

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm usually one to defend Mighty Mouse when this comes up but after that last cock tease I've just put up blinders to the whole situation.

Have fun, ...and the pitch.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

...and the pitch! posted:

Huh? He gets paid more than BJ penn did, a popular champion who people actually paid to watch and generated revenue for the company.

I’m not one to jump in and call pro fighters midgets or anything, but being the 125 champ is like being the best basketball player under 6’ or the fastest chihuahua or something.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
He’d make more money if he took and won big fights

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
MM has been making good cheese ($300k+) long before he was worth that much in buys, if he even is now.

The frustrating thing as a fan is that, dude you have a nice contract and get paid well to fight nobodies, the one time we ask you to earn your salary and put on a fight we actually want to watch, you want triple. gently caress off

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Too scared to lose his #1 p4p spot

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Bundt Cake posted:

didnt cejudo already lose in a one of a kind magical destruction

It was absolutely glorious. Cejudo basically forgot he's a world class wrestler and tried to stand up with DJ, and got hosed up from knees in the clinch because he knows literally nothing about muay thai.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
MM should be paid more and promoted. Thank you for your consideration.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Mighty Mouse has been getting six figure payouts for years despite not moving the needle at all and historically having very low buyrates on the cards that he headlines. He made like half a million dollars to fight Raymond Borg.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Mighty Mouse has been getting six figure payouts for years despite not moving the needle at all and historically having very low buyrates on the cards that he headlines. He made like half a million dollars to fight Raymond Borg.

He also does video game moves in the fights so he's at least blending.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Why the gently caress are people here taking the side of management against labour? gently caress is wrong with you idiots.

tesilential posted:

Huh? He gets paid more than BJ penn did, a popular champion who people actually paid to watch and generated revenue for the company.

I’m not one to jump in and call pro fighters midgets or anything, but being the 125 champ is like being the best basketball player under 6’ or the fastest chihuahua or something.

BJ Penn was personally worth 30 million dollars halfway through his MMA career, so I'm pretty sure that's not true.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Snowman_McK posted:

BJ Penn was personally worth 30 million dollars halfway through his MMA career, so I'm pretty sure that's not true.

BJ was stinking rich before he ever set foot in a cage.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Late but Guida has always been one of my favorite fighters. I don’t care why. He puts me in a good mood.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Bantamweights even more watchable than 125 in twitterfights

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard

Snowman_McK posted:

Guida was cool when he was losing fun fights where he got hit a lot. I feel like that doesn't happen enough anymore since someone told him what 'gameplanning' is.

Guida/Nate was awesome. I couldn't stop laughing when Guida put Nate in a full nelson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Snowman_McK posted:

Why the gently caress are people here taking the side of management against labour? gently caress is wrong with you idiots.

:ussr:

• Locked thread