Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Petty corporations dighting with each other gave us the harmony gold debacle regarding Macross rights outside of Japan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

hailthefish posted:

I kept my hopes as low as they could possibly go and I'm still a tiny bit disappointed. :smith:

"I expect nothing and I'm still let down"

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

I just watched the first couple episodes. Show good. Does Amos ever get his prybar back?

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

CainsDescendant posted:

I just watched the first couple episodes. Show good. Does Amos ever get his prybar back?

Third episode of the second season.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Cojawfee posted:

"I expect nothing and I'm still let down"

Reminds me of the time I bought a hacksaw from the dollar general

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It looks like some of the actors made it down to the Amazon corporate office as well. Here's Cara Gee (Drummer) viewing the banner sign.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Some of them, the big stuff is scheduled for later in the week/month and the prop guys swear it's super easy to rebuild it all.

Ron Howard Narrarator: It isn't.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

it's really weird to me how we're both at "maybe hail mary but this show can be saved, if we can get a deal with amazon" and "totally canceled, start destruction today". Is it that expensive to keep the sets around for another week?

I know time is money and opportunity costs rule the business but the contradiction is striking.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

double nine posted:

it's really weird to me how we're both at "maybe hail mary but this show can be saved, if we can get a deal with amazon" and "totally canceled, start destruction today". Is it that expensive to keep the sets around for another week?

I know time is money and opportunity costs rule the business but the contradiction is striking.

Whoever owns the sets and props will want to sell them off ASAP. They might wait until the end of the season to make the sales final, but I'm sure there already getting deals in place.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well, at least we get a new episode tonight. Right guys? :smithicide:

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Amazon will announce it today. 3 more seasons and a possible feature-length movie. You'll see. :unsmith:

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

My money's on "tonight's live watch numbers will be so low that halfway through the episode's airing on the east coast it switches to Sharknado vs Anaconda and the rest of the season won't even be broadcast".

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

"hailthefish" posted:

halfway through the episode's airing on the east coast it switches to Sharknado vs Anaconda

Actually, that's what they meant when they said the season is about to get interesting

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I'm actually kind of hoping that the cancellation news doesn't demoralize people, and people still watch

I'm also interested to see if the cancellation news and subsequent renewal campaign had any kind of effect on the viewing numbers like a streisand effect

Phi230 fucked around with this message at 14:58 on May 16, 2018

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Abraham et al are saying tonight's episode is :tviv: as gently caress, and they haven't oversold these predictions yet. I'll be watching!

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

hailthefish posted:

My money's on "tonight's live watch numbers will be so low that halfway through the episode's airing on the east coast it switches to Sharknado vs Anaconda and the rest of the season won't even be broadcast".

You're giving me flashbacks to Odyssey 5 on Showtime.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
No news is good news imo

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Mike the TV posted:

You're giving me flashbacks to Odyssey 5 on Showtime.

rude :smith:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Abraham et al are saying tonight's episode is :tviv: as gently caress, and they haven't oversold these predictions yet. I'll be watching!

I dislike people spoiling things. I will not spoil anything.

I am 100% sure this episode will be :tviv:

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

logikv9 posted:

No news is good news imo

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
It's a brave move but I think adding a [spoiler]talking cgi protomolecule hybrid coffee machine[\spoiler] to the crew will be good for the show.

Svaha
Oct 4, 2005

bloom posted:

It's a brave move but I think adding a [spoiler]talking cgi protomolecule hybrid coffee machine[\spoiler] to the crew will be good for the show.

Dave Lister is the OG belter. :colbert:

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Why are actors running around on the Amazon campus, and there's still nothing to announce? :mad:

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Combat Pretzel posted:

Why are actors running around on the Amazon campus, and there's still nothing to announce? :mad:

The cancellation was a ruse, and the renewal campaign is an astroturfed marketing ploy to boost viewership

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Combat Pretzel posted:

They went there to look at the plane flying overhead. I'll just assume the show is dead since there are no announcements.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
We got the best books made into a show, the others aren't a great loss.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Cojawfee posted:

They went there to look at the plane flying overhead. I'll just assume the show is dead since there are no announcements.

Most of them live/work in the LA area so it's not exactly a huge trip for them to go see the plane. I'm a bit surprised to see even Cara Gee down there though because she doesn't really have a US career. Who knows what it all means.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
If the amazon deal hinges on a sudden spike in ratings then they may as well strike now.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

gonna be screaming about how the expanse is gonna be renewed any second now deep into 2019

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Thom12255 posted:

We got the best books made into a show, the others aren't a great loss.

I like the rest of the books they get so much more interesting. Only 2 left to go, and they've been very consistent about one each year so wrapping it up in 2019 is so much better than most series which would have stalled out 1-2 books ago.

I was really looking forward to some casting decisions on later characters.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I mostly just don't want to deal with nerds constantly posting petitions to bring it back, years after all the sets and props are gone and the actors have new projects. I really don't want to know what the expanse's version of a browncoat will be.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Where do you frequent that you constantly get petitions for canceled TV shows that you feel the need to “deal” with?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I guess you weren't around in the years after Firefly was cancelled.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

The main difference between the situation with firefly and the expanse is that the expanse is really good and has a story to tell.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Baronjutter posted:

The main difference between the situation with firefly and the expanse is that the expanse is really good and has a story to tell.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
*sigh*

That sure was a lot of posts. :(

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Cojawfee posted:

I mostly just don't want to deal with nerds constantly posting petitions to bring it back, years after all the sets and props are gone and the actors have new projects. I really don't want to know what the expanse's version of a browncoat will be.

Beratnas?

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Firefly was quite enjoyable, and very progressive and adult in many ways.

People wishing their fav tv show be renewed may be wasting their time, but are not actually bad.

I'm sad The Expanse was cancelled :(

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The Expanse, Season 4: No we haven't heard anything yet go away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Cingulate posted:

People wishing their fav tv show be renewed may be wasting their time, but are not actually bad.

Sometimes they are, tho