Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Remember when millions of people with hosed up brains insisted on telling us about it by saying a dress was a color it wasn't?

Well they're at it again. This time they're all over the internet saying this sounds like "Yanny"

https://twitter.com/CloeCouture/status/996218489831473152

Let's make fun of these people and the horrible crippling brain diseases they have

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
no

MOOBS!
Dec 10, 2013

years of alcohol and poppers ruined my brain also is that cory feldmans sister or did she transition or what

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Yes

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I STILL say that dress was white & gold and you can’t convince me otherwise :colbert:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I came in here to say yes and it turns out you're hornswaggling me into some kind of claptrap!!

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
wait are you serious people hear "yanny"

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I STILL say that dress was white & gold and you can’t convince me otherwise :colbert:

omg it was clearly just reflected light on the black fabric like OMG TAKE A PIC OF STUFF

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

I am normal its the WORLD THATS hosed UP AND I DONT NEED ANY loving MEDICATION. AND YOURE NOT MY REAL loving DAD, RON

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
with the volume low i can hear it either way

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

It's "Yanny" in a high pitch played at the same time as "Laurel" in a low pitch. Focus on one or the other.

e: then yell at people on the internet over it.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Yeah I recently had a concussion lol I'm retard now.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
It’s pronounced “two shay”, op.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
op all i hear over and over again is "im gay"

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Seltzer time! :woop:

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Mozi posted:

with the volume low i can hear it either way

im gonna find out where you live and eat every egg in your house

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

you have the brain worms

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

im gonna find out where you live and eat every egg in your house

mess with the best, get scrambled like the rest

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I've been reminded lately, yes.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I'm pretty sure I heard this last night when I was really drunk and it sounded like yanny, now it just sounds like laurel.

It's a low-key sobriety test don't fall for it

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Corey Feldman's sister really went off the deep end after his rape claims, huh?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Transforms 4 is a good movie.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Spinster posted:

I've been reminded lately, yes.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
i heard yanny the first time, then laurel the rest of the times

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Pawn 17 posted:

It's "Yanny" in a high pitch played at the same time as "Laurel" in a low pitch. Focus on one or the other.

e: then yell at people on the internet over it.

yeah I'm pretty sure this is what's going on

at first I only heard laurel but if I move my headphones a couple inches from my ear it sounds like an elf is whispering yanny while another voice says the other loving thing who cares why am I even typing this it's really just the loving dress thing all over again and people are going to be just as obstinate and dickish about their perception as they did then nobody's going to learn anything from it where is my tea it's nowhere in this room did I seriously finish drinking my tea and wash and put away the dish without realizing it what the gently caress is wrong with my brain

Swedish Butt-Whistle
Feb 12, 2004

Mentally Trill
all i hear is 'bury the body under the dumpster' :j:

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

I hear 'yoni' which means vagina, and the person who recorded it is indeed a oval office.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Name your dog Yanny and yell at people who call him Laurel.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Both words are present, “Yanny” is just played at a much higher frequency/(softer volume?) which is why you hear the slant of the “y” inflection at the beginning of the clip as the words heterodyne together.

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
voted 1

gassed self

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cubone posted:

yeah I'm pretty sure this is what's going on

at first I only heard laurel but if I move my headphones a couple inches from my ear it sounds like an elf is whispering yanny while another voice says the other loving thing who cares why am I even typing this it's really just the loving dress thing all over again and people are going to be just as obstinate and dickish about their perception as they did then nobody's going to learn anything from it where is my tea it's nowhere in this room did I seriously finish drinking my tea and wash and put away the dish without realizing it what the gently caress is wrong with my brain

Yeah I wondered what hosed up poo poo happened in people's childhoods that makes them hear Yanny but that did it, thanks Cubester (that's a good nickname that I thought up for you)

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Nerses IV posted:

Yeah I wondered what hosed up poo poo happened in people's childhoods that makes them hear Yanny but that did it, thanks Cubester
np

Nerses IV posted:

(that's a good nickname that I thought up for you)
ty :)

fun to be called Cubester
good $5 word

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

the internet can only make you a human being if you let it
-pope Jean Paul II

lowly abject turd
Mar 23, 2009
https://twitter.com/xxv/status/996462632998711297

Cubone
May 26, 2011

when we learned about subliminal messaging in high school we decided to do a live test
the plan was, person A would look directly at person B and just say something like "hi, how are you doing?" while person C would hide behind A and say something else in a lower volume, and person B would report how it registered
but the first person to be C said "A is going to slap you in the face" and then B said "what?" and then A slapped him
we all laughed and then switched people around because clearly A and C could not be trusted
but the damage was done
the new C decided their subliminal suggestion would be "slap A" and B did
we ended up slapping each other for maybe 10 minutes

eventually nobody had a new spin on it so we tried it for real
B said they might have felt something but it could just be that they were expecting to, and we agreed that this was not very well thought-out; we would have to do some double-blind face slapping
friendship

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

All I hear is "yally" but it's no secret that my brain is all hosed up and also I'm probably retarded.

Woden
May 6, 2006
I tried tweaking the equaliser, listening from a distance and watching videos of sound engineer types loving around with it but always hear laurel.

Fake edit: pitch shift did it, I hear Yowie with that.

The colours in the photo are white and gold, but I think it's like a negative or something and peoples brains auto complete it for them and see it different.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Remember when millions of people with hosed up brains insisted on telling us about it by saying a dress was a color it wasn't?

Well they're at it again. This time they're all over the internet saying this sounds like "Yanny"

https://twitter.com/CloeCouture/status/996218489831473152

Let's make fun of these people and the horrible crippling brain diseases they have

My brain is hosed. I believe we, as a species, should unite and form a Utopia where we prosper and colonize the Milky Way.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Just like the dress I had a strong initial opinion but then I'm able to to see / hear both at the same time. Brains are hosed up retarded things.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Skeleton Ape posted:

Just like the dress I had a strong initial opinion but then I'm able to to see / hear both at the same time. Brains are hosed up retarded things.

that means your bi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
says yanny. gas thread ban op delete forums

• Locked thread