Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Shakenbaker posted:

Finally getting some idea what that what the Agalloch/Giant Squid mashup Khôrada sounds like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwM218BF9lw

I'm definitely more of a Giant Squid fan going in but this really works for me. Certainly I like it more than John Aaron Gregory's other band Squallus.

It's not at all what I was expecting, but I love it SO MUCH. It's wild that I've been waiting close to 2 years for this to finally come out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
Here's some cool prog-power from Belgium that appears to draw all of its influence from Finnish bands. It sounds vaguely like what you'd get if you blended up early Eternal Tears of Sorrow with mid-period Sonata Arctica

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKYYCi7iyFU

Vulture Culture fucked around with this message at 03:58 on May 16, 2018

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
So here's some of a demo made from the ex SYL/DTP people. It sounds super generic without Devin's influence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heXJltKWJrI

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Vargatron posted:

The key of Pee Minor?

(Oh wait, that's R Kelly)

Nice

henpod posted:

So here's some of a demo made from the ex SYL/DTP people. It sounds super generic without Devin's influence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heXJltKWJrI

I am not feeling this at all. Even if the other songs are better musically the vocals are 100% not my thing. Way too much talent involved for that outcome :/

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I was really excited for Imonolith, and then that dropped and all my excitement basically vanished

I'll reserve judgment until I hear the final product but my hopes have been slashed for sure

In terms of good things, I've been listening to this a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIJGLfp5Erg

There's even some saxophone on it too! One of my favorites this year so far

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

Vulture Culture posted:

Here's some cool prog-power from Belgium that appears to draw all of its influence from Finnish bands. It sounds vaguely like what you'd get if you blended up early Eternal Tears of Sorrow with mid-period Sonata Arctica

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKYYCi7iyFU

This is right up my alley, I smashed that link so fast lol. Thank you!

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
It's been 8 years today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtEw8JLQBgg

:regd10::hf::smith:

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

I've been listening to Yuri Fulone a bit lately and it reminds me a little of RJD, but it's still not the same :smith:

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 18:58 on May 16, 2018

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

You have got to be kidding me! 8 years???

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Portsmouth really should have let those people build that statue of Dio.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The tenacious d song about him is 17 years old.

Everyone in here is an old metal fan now, your sleeveless jean jackets are in the mail. One size fits all, you never button them closed anyways.

xzzy fucked around with this message at 19:29 on May 16, 2018

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

xzzy posted:

Everyone in here is an old metal fan now, your sleeveless jean jackets are in the mail. One size fits all, you never button them closed anyways.

Jokes on you, I already have two.

And the buttons are definitely just for show.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

xzzy posted:

I just remembered when I was drunkenly watching The Pick of Destiny with friends in 2010 and Dio came on screen, and I was like "oh wow he just died" (and they were all "who is that?" lol). Anyway, Dio has been dead for 66% of the time since the release of that movie.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
lol if you don't already own at least one denim vest

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I own a jean jacket with a bunch of buttons but have been too lazy to patch it up. I’ve thought about chopping the sleeves off because Florida but idk

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Go for it! InVEST! in your future comfort!

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
maybe your curvy gf will actually gently caress you if you wear it to bed

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Kilometers Davis posted:

I own a jean jacket with a bunch of buttons but have been too lazy to patch it up. I’ve thought about chopping the sleeves off because Florida but idk

all battle vests should be made from jean jackets with the sleeves cut off

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

xzzy posted:

Like I need someone to mail me, and old, a kutte :smug:

Also my bones just creaked, 17 loving years?!

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
hey did someone mention ronnie james dio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ3OjffJ1w0

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

This rules

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

I always button my vest closed because it make me feel less fat, according to my wife I have weird notions of what does make me look fat and what does not

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I tried doing that, but my MANLY BEER GUT makes it bulge and stretch, which just looks even worse.

Just let your gut hang out, festival style.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
i've been on a real metalpunk kick lately, listened to these this morning before work

war pigs - degeneration
on paper mixing hardcore and black sabbath is as worn out an idea as one can be, but these guys are special in that they don't sound like sludge at all. more like cro-mags playing sabbath covers i guess? reminds me of carnivore, too. great stuff!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEdFVVeoN68

the boneless ones
forgotten crossover gem from the 80s, slayer meets gang green. songs are about SATAN, beer, skateboarding or curiously jason from friday the 13th.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfiIXZ2DMks

the accused - return of martha splatterhead
splatterpunk! you guys probably know this band. great, chaotic crossover
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wym-w3FmXtU

siege - drop dead
the first american grindcore band? one of my favs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR7WPliaSag

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 10:05 on May 17, 2018

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I don't own a denim jacket and never have

I do have camo cargo shorts though

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

VVimpy

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I just got a vest and ready to sew it up soon. I put together some stuff then realized there was too much space left..... so ordered even more. I've never sewn in my life though but learned a basic back stitch which should be fine.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Vests with just a few well-chosen patches on them can look awesome, but I'm more into heady maximalism, puzzling around patches to optimize placement and fitting as many patches as possible on there.

I love the completely crazy German-style vests, where you can't even tell there's denim underneath, it's just an big overlapping field of patches on patches.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
i have a black denim vest with only a corrupted back patch. never wear it anymore tho

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I tried to stick to one store once I found a band - thankfully eBay has some decent sellers. New patches in this week.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I saw Power Trip again last night and again it was wild. Inescapable pit.

Sheer Mag were also good and I wish more bands would be like “yeah here’s a great band playing a completely unrelated style of music that we’re taking on tour with us. Deal with it.”

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

+1 for Speedwolf, and another +1000 for the Predator patch.

This is back of mine. I've actually restitched it with black thread, as I felt the white thread distracted from the patches' designs. I've redone a few parts way too many times at this point.

This is the current layout I'm putting on the front left part. I've just gotten a big-rear end Death patch that is going to take up most of the right side, depending on how I can make it fit with the smaller ones.

I'm sticking with a monochrome theme on this one, only red and white logo patches, no album covers or that sort of thing. My old blue vest will be getting a German-style in your face color explosion makeover once I'm done with this one.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

We can only dream of leveling up to this:

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
The new Ghost song leaked and...yeesh. As a fan I gotta say that it has nothing that made them fun to listen to in the past. It got pulled of YouTube but will be back soon i'm sure.

VV - If you like Rats, you'll like this one :). Just kinda lost the atmosphere for me. It is catchy, i'll give it that.

henpod fucked around with this message at 16:27 on May 17, 2018

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I liked Rats, very 80s. Haven't heard the new one, but I guess it's hard to top their first three albums, especially with all the BS that went on between Papa and the Ghouls.

Vintersorg posted:

We can only dream of leveling up to this:

The Germanest German who ever Germaned.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I like to play “spot the out of place patch” at shows. You’ll see dudes covered in thrash patches or whatever but there’s often just one Alice In Chains or Doors patch hidden in there somewhere.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Snowy posted:

I like to play “spot the out of place patch” at shows. You’ll see dudes covered in thrash patches or whatever but there’s often just one Alice In Chains or Doors patch hidden in there somewhere.

Oh my god you just reminded me of this incredibly drunk dude at Desertfest whose only two patches were:

1) A black/white portrait of Lemmy

2) The cover of Issues (by Korn)

Those mostly filled out the back of his vest, too

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
If you like KISS and ABBA, you're going to loving love the Ghost single coming out tomorrow.

I say that as a good thing

edit-- gonna put a ghost patch on my vest i think

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
gonna alert my favorite youtube influencers about these inappropriate patches i saw on the red carpet at the morbid angel show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

COOL CORN posted:

If you like KISS and ABBA, you're going to loving love the Ghost single coming out tomorrow.

I say that as a good thing

edit-- gonna put a ghost patch on my vest i think

I still can't get into the new vocalist, Cardinal Copia. Papa Emeritus II did it best!