Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Not many drinks quite hit the spot on a spring / summer day like a good Margarita. And I'm not talking about the garbage drink thing you get when you order the margarita from your local watering hole.

Nothing quite beats the 2oz Tequila, 1oz Cointreau, 1oz Lime Juice margarita. Super basic, and basically perfect.

Also, if you're tequila says "gold" or "especial" on the label, pour that poo poo down the drain and get the gently caress out of this thread, this thread is not for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Here’s a tip: use grand mariner in place of Cointreau if you are not using a blanco tequila for some god awful reason

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

We're a whiskey sour household

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Here’s a tip: use grand mariner in place of Cointreau if you are not using a blanco tequila for some god awful reason

Not sure why you'd make a margarita with a Reposado or Anejo anyway. Those are straight drinking tequilas.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I don't like it when someone says they like margaritas but they really mean the sickly sweet slushy kind and they have never even had a real one

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Did you know; the type of sour that uses a sweet liqueur in place of simple syrup is called a ‘daisy’ which is the English word for margarita because the marg is the big granddaddy of this style of cocktail. Margs rule and even though it’s autumn here I am gonna make some the second I see some decent tequila on special good thread dude

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Not sure why you'd make a margarita with a Reposado or Anejo anyway. Those are straight drinking tequilas.

In Australia good tequila is super expensive and the cheap nasty mixto blanco tequilas are objectively worse than the cheap reposados so it happens although I don’t approve of it

MOOBS!
Dec 10, 2013

are blended margaritas ok if im just out with the gals and need to dance??

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I don’t like the taste of alcohol.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

MOOBS! posted:

are blended margaritas ok if im just out with the gals and need to dance??

Nothing wrong with a blended marg just don’t act like you’re not trash and it’s cool

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

What I’m saying is that all alcohol is poo poo.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

I like the Frozen mango margaritas, eat my rear end.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I don’t like the taste of alcohol.

pussy

MOOBS!
Dec 10, 2013

whats it like going to the bar and ordering a mixer?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

If all alcohol is poo poo... perhaps its you, that is poo poo?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I'm a big fan of poo poo.

Swedish Butt-Whistle
Feb 12, 2004

Mentally Trill
chug on my dick op

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I like margaritas but I use bourbon or rye whisky instead of tequila, a few splashes of bitters instead of Cointreau and maple syrup instead of lime juice, then garnish with a sprig of rosemary instead of lime wedge. Also serve in a tumbler without salt. Really hits the spot.

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?
i'm drinking wine tonight sorry op please remake another time

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
I'm disappointed this wasn't a margarita machine thread

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Sai-kun posted:

i'm drinking wine tonight sorry op please remake another time

Wine? Get the gently caress out.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Outrail posted:

I like margaritas but I use bourbon or rye whisky instead of tequila, a few splashes of bitters instead of Cointreau and maple syrup instead of lime juice, then garnish with a sprig of rosemary instead of lime wedge. Also serve in a tumbler without salt. Really hits the spot.

:allbuttons:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Although to be fair to that obvious troll a marg in a rocks glass over ice without salt is the ideal marg

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I mean I’ll drink alcohol, it just has to taste really good. So... it can’t taste like alcohol.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Outrail posted:

What’s a “bitters”?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

It’s a thing that makes drinks taste even less like candy so I wouldn’t recommend it for your palate

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Hahahaha jesus can you imagine trying to be a drink snob or whatever but that drink is a loving margarita. Who gives a poo poo how you make it or what type of tequila you use, it’s still a margarita.

Liquor goes in a glass. Add ice if you want. Then you drink (fast or slow) that liquor. The glass and the ice are optional. Bing bong now you’re drinking.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

a peck of pickled peckers posted:

Hahahaha jesus can you imagine trying to be a drink snob or whatever but that drink is a loving margarita. Who gives a poo poo how you make it or what type of tequila you use, it’s still a margarita.

Liquor goes in a glass. Add ice if you want. Then you drink (fast or slow) that liquor. The glass and the ice are optional. Bing bong now you’re drinking.

Reported for beating my mum and then denying it when the cops turn up 3 hours later

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

a peck of pickled peckers posted:

Actually quality cocktails are great and so is drinking cheap hooch straight out of the bottle

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
There's a wealth of drinking experiences out there why limit yourself

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I mean I’ll drink alcohol, it just has to taste really good. So... it can’t taste like alcohol.

That's why there is margaritas, gently caress.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

It’s a thing that makes drinks taste even less like candy

Why the gently caress would you put that poo poo in drinks at all? What kind of sick diseased idiot would put poo poo in a drink that makes it taste WORSE?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Although to be fair to that obvious troll a marg in a rocks glass over ice without salt is the ideal marg

:shivdurf::hf::smug:

Why the gently caress would you put that poo poo in drinks at all? What kind of sick diseased idiot would put poo poo in a drink that makes it taste WORSE?

You know that bit in 1984 where the old guy gives the protagonist espresso coffee, and he complains that it's sour, and the old guy corrects him saying it's bitter? That's you. Only you won't learn to enjoy anything but sugar, and unfortunately wont be burned at the stake. Cest la vie.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 03:43 on May 17, 2018

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
:h: margaritas

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

A cool drink if you like margaritas but also like American whisky is a ward 8, it’s a whisky sour with an ounce of orange juice (egg usually omitted in the recipes I see but it still works with egg white)

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
I don't drink tequila often OP. Is there a particular brand you would recommend for the Perfect Margarita?

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

my dog died im sad posted:

I don't drink tequila often OP. Is there a particular brand you would recommend for the Perfect Margarita?

I’m not a tequila guy but imo brand is not super important as long as it’s actual tequila and not garbage mixto

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
“Sorry, I only drink straight scotch” I smirk as I slowly morph into an oak cigar humidor.

• Locked thread