Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Casu Marzu posted:

Where's the crumb shot? :colbert:

Sorry I didn't wanna post too many pics like last time

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Crossposting from the smoking thread:

holy shiiiit this looks good and the chicken rub sounds amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

Jinh posted:

For future reference, this is the most important pic of the bunch. :fap:

Thoht
Aug 3, 2006

Jinh posted:

Goddamn, dude. That looks righteous.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Made a lasagne from scratch for the first time

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Jinh posted:

:colbert:

This is the only photo that matters

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Jinh posted:

:bravo: That is a fine looking loaf. I only wish my sourdough came out half as well as that did.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

iajanus posted:

:starefap: needs to be an emoji

pro-tip: if you want to mix it up on leftovers, skillet frying lasagna is marvelous

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009

Not sure that would be possible

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Cherry tomato, broccoli and goat cheese frittata with basil
Roasted fingerlings with garlic, parsley and EVOO
Asparagus with parmesan and lemon

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

iajanus posted:

Looks great. I cook up a double sized quantity of ragu that is initially eaten with pappardelle, then the leftovers can be fridge or frozen and used in lasagna in the near future. This way I give it more time to cook and make it a more elaborate recipe.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

iajanus posted:

unghhh

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

iajanus posted:

Would.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Amazing looking.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

iajanus posted:

gently caress dude, you crushed it.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Bouncing back from my "frozen pizza and despair" mode into "good food from scratch" mode. Tonight is jerk chicken with roasted broccoli.

marinade ingredients

[messy middle section censored]

final product

Turned out nice, very flavorful with a strong-but-not-overpowering afterburn.

Goon Danton fucked around with this message at 01:24 on May 18, 2018

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Recovering from what I think is the flu, and making my first real meal days.
Dry brining bone-in pork chops, and after salting them, did what any polski Wisconsinite would do and slathered them in some really gnarly mustard.

Gonna let those chill in the fridge for a few, and get the grill on later and maybe listen to a few innings of Brewer baseball.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008
Pan seared seabass, ginger, chilli and some rice.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Chicken katsu that was kind of dry but the homemade sauce was amazing

Korean fried chicken on the left, honey garlic on the right

Picadillo with fuckoff sizes of onion and potato because I got lazy

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I made the Binging with Babish pollo a la plancha but didn't take any pictures because I just have my cell phone.

It turned out really well. I got compliments on the smells like three hours later.

It was really cheap, just onion and lime and a package of chicken breast with rice and beans.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Made some Amish-style pretzels. They're really soft like a donut but bready, stretched thin and drenched in melted butter and salt. I haven't mastered twisting yet.

Right now, I'm 8 years old at the farmers market I grew up near and now live 1000 miles away from, walking through rows of produce and knick-knacks with my grandpop who died 2 years back, holding one of these and dreaming about the next treat at the old 50's themed Do-Wop Ice Cream Shop that's long since closed down but sounded exactly like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AkLE4X-bbU

These are exact replicas of a flavor and a sound from a place and time I absolutely cherish and can't replicate any other way, and I really can't handle it emotionally right now. Bonus stealthy dog and yes of course he got a piece of pretzel why would you even ask that.

My brother, ten years younger than me, just came home, grabbed one, and said "hey these remind me of the pretzels at this farmers market I went to once" without me mentioning anything and it's really loving me up you guys

Jinh fucked around with this message at 03:02 on May 19, 2018

Aunt Beth
Feb 24, 2006

Baby, you're ready!
Grimey Drawer

Jinh posted:

Made some Amish-style pretzels. They're really soft like a donut but bready, stretched thin and drenched in melted butter and salt. I haven't mastered twisting yet.
They look great! I can never manage a perfect twist either. Do you have a recipe? I’ve been on a pretzel kick.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Aunt Beth posted:

They look great! I can never manage a perfect twist either. Do you have a recipe? I’ve been on a pretzel kick.

sure! https://thisweekfordinner.com/2014/03/19/homemade-amish-pretzels/

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
Aunt and her friend were in town, so my sister swung by and I made scallops over fresh linguine in cream sauce, asparagus with vinaigrette, and homemade toasted anadama bread. Quite the hit, but now I have a bunch of pots to avoid cleaning.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Hello there

Is that salt and pepper on the avocado or some other dark salt?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
The former

Salmon rolls, tuna hand rolls, panko grouper, and fried salmon skin

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
In tonight's episode of Tastes A Lot Better Than It Looks, the Red Lentil Cottage Pie with Cheesy Mash from Ruby Tandoh's Flavour:

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
Inlaws brought us some katsuo.

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009
Made some more tandoori chicken skewers, this time to go on their own with some pilau rice (which tastes so good fresh) and chapati (which were much easier to make than white tortillas).

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

You guys all plate so much better than me. Lovely food, two above me.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
A local independent radio station has a six hour block of Afro-Caribbean programming on Sundays so I was in the mood to make some Trini doubles, greens with coconut and habanero, and West Indies beans and rice for lunch. Not pictured: Matouk's Calypso Sauce and a cold one.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Oh boy, I had never heard of these and they look great. I'll definitely be making them at some point!

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

TychoCelchuuu posted:

Oh boy, I had never heard of these and they look great. I'll definitely be making them at some point!

Doubles are the best. The first and best time I had them were at a flea market in Brampton and I have never been able to reproduce their flavor which haunts me.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They just can't get the spices right?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Unintentionally marinated boneless pork ribs in adobo sauce and lemon for too long

Grilling them over charcoal, in the rain, in a heavily knife ventilated foil packet.

Going to shred and serve as Mexican style tacos (onion, cilantro, lime, slices of avocado)

May not be perfect, but, how hard could I gently caress that up? Let's see...

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008
Prawn and mushroom tagliatelle, pan seared seabass and grilled asparagus.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

It's tomato season :allears:

Gazpacho with red bell pepper and zucchini and "Kinda, Sorta Patatas Bravas" (author's name, not mine)

e: vvvv lucky! We had to pull out the collards yesterday. Still have lbs and lbs blanched in the freezer though. Yer food looks good :cheers:

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 21:36 on May 23, 2018

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
First collards out of the backyard got braised with some chicken thighs and other tasty bits. Rendered the skins first (and ate them) then used the fat to fry up some taters because why not?

blixa
Jan 9, 2006

Kein bestandteil sein
Pizza night. Pan pizza, to be exact. 14 inches, to be more exact.

Pre-oven (with a banana for scale not because Imgur but because it was right there):

Post-oven:

Crappy shot of underside and crumb:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Edit, sorry wrong thread. No idea how this got here.

wormil fucked around with this message at 16:24 on May 25, 2018