Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

I think they're pretty close, but if you want a pure stealth experience of quietly taking out an enemy fortification, then 3 wins out somewhat. 4 is definitely the go-to choice if you want to slo-mo snipe fascists in the melon, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Seventh Arrow posted:

I think they're pretty close, but if you want a pure stealth experience of quietly taking out an enemy fortification, then 3 wins out somewhat. 4 is definitely the go-to choice if you want to slo-mo snipe fascists in the melon, though.

Alright cool, thanks for the info! The x-ray cam from SE2 was quite good in itself I thought, so I'm sure SE3's will be fine. (That crouch-sneaking thing also seemed like it would be slightly annoying, so I'm glad that won't impact me)
Works for me - especially as the better pure-stealth option is cheaper too, heh. :D I think I'll keep an eye out for SE3 next sale, then. Thanks again!

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Sniper Elite (or at least 3 and 4, I don’t remember if 2 did it) also has an interesting kind of stealth where as long as you aren’t seen and you relocate after every shot, the enemies will know that they’re being shot at but won’t be able to locate you, so you can go loud and still be “stealthy.” It took me a while to adjust to it in 3 but it’s really satisfying when you get the hang of it.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I got to the end of the first level in se3 where I Had to hold off waves of tanks and army men who were all marching on my position and it was incredibly boring. I'm interested in an Aragami review fwiw

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

gamer deal siren. gamer deal siren. shadow tactics is 50 percent off. gamer deal siren. gamer deal siren.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I got it free a few weeks ago :mrgw:

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

The whole Shadow Tactics: Subtitle thing makes me wonder if they intend to turn it into a series, like next we might get Shadow Tactics: Cold War or something.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
that game owned

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Crookz: The Big Heist

"It's like Ocean's Eleven, except with six guys instead of eleven" is how I explained Crookz: The Big Heist to the missus. And I guess as a kind of 10, 000 foot overview, it works well enough. You control a group of 2 - 4 criminals out of a possible 6 in this third-person isometric stealth game from Kalypso. Each of the "Crookz" has their own speciality: Bishop is a master lockpicker and can open safes and security doors without any additional tools. Lobkowicz knows his way around electronics and can disable cameras, electrified floor plates and switch boxes. Rufus is a strongman and part-time wrestler who can temporarily knock out (most) guards and punch through weakened walls. His sister, Rocket, is a contortionist/acrobat who can move through vents and also maneuver through laser barriers. Cleopatra has an extra fast movement speed, expanded inventory, and can hide from guards in floor hatches. And the Rob-O-Matic 2000 is a robot you can acquire later on who is undetectable by camera and can move through laser barriers and electrified floor plates (but can't use any items).

The story begins on a heist in Venice, which serves as the tutorial mission. Once you've gotten familiar with everyone's abilities and completed the heist, the ringleader, Murray, betrays the group and thus begins the impetus for the rest of the game: pull off a series of heists that will use Murray's own plans against him and thereby get revenge! Each mission begins with a planning stage: many maps come with several floors and you have a chance to look at the pitfalls that await you. Guards, cameras, electrified floors, locked doors, and laser barriers are just some of the challenges that you need to study before picking your team. You also get a choice of one-use gadgets to use during the mission. Some of these duplicate the abilities of other team members; for example, what if there's an area that only Rocket can get to, but there's an electrified floor inside (which only Lobkowicz can disable)? Well you can bring along a gadget that will allow her to hack the switch box controlling the floor panel. Other gadgets are more utilitarian, such as a distraction item that can divert guards off of their patrols or an adhesive door blocker that can be used to lock guards inside rooms. Because of these gadgets, you can ideally use any combination of team members that you want. Realistically however, Bishop and Lobkowicz are so useful that you'd have to be kind of insane not to take them. Rufus is kind of this way as well, since the ability to knock out non-elite guards without consuming a gadget is extremely handy. The robot also looks really valuable on paper - it can't be seen by cameras or guards, stopped by electrified floors, or impeded by laser barriers - but unless you need it to flip a switch, it's kind of useless, as it can't disable lasers, unlock doors, break walls - and it can't use gadgets, either.

Crookz has a very strong puzzle element and a lot of its appeal comes from situations that will initially tease the brain, but once they're surpassed many other possibilities will keep unlocking until you get to the next brain teaser. For example, you might have an area that's covered by cameras. The machine that controls the camera is in a room with a guard that patrols too quickly to just run in and disable it. So instead, you might use a timed emitter to divert the guard into another room and use adhesive on the door, trapping him. You're then free to disable the cameras and proceed to the next area. That's actually a simplified version because in reality the problem may be more complex, like the door can only be opened by a floor panel across the building that one of your guys needs to go and stand on, and also there's a laser barrier in the room that can only be disabled by a timed switch across the other end of the building. But that timed switch is blocked by a locked door and a camera. And so on. As the game goes on, the puzzles get pretty devious, but they're really rewarding to solve. However, there were a few situations that felt like they were very linear and you had to do them specifically the way the devs intended. The first stage of the nuclear power plant was really tough in this regard and I found that it would have been almost impossible to complete cleanly without Bishop, Rufus, and Lobkowicz. Also, there were timed missions here and there, which I typically loathe in stealth games and this was no different; however, the fact that you can pause to plan your next move helps things somewhat. Finally, there are also optional treasures that you can obtain throughout each level, which add to your total cash. The cash can be used to buy gadgets at the beginning of a mission but after the first few, you're swimming in cash so they're really there more for the challenge than anything else.

The game has a bright, colourful esthetic that makes everything enjoyable and gives a fun vibe to directing your criminals through a heist. The voice acting is super cheesy, but in a lively, B-movie kind of way...really, it gives the game an extra layer of charm that adds to the fun. Crookz takes place in the seventies so of course you're treated to a funk soundtrack replete with wah-wah guitars, slap bass, and honking tenor saxes. The songs are good but there's only about 5 or 6 of them, so you might get tired of them soon enough. Overall, Crookz: The Big Heist was very entertaining to play through and I would highly recommend it - even if you're not a stealth fan, if you like puzzle-based gameplay and brain teasers I think you would find the game to be a very rewarding experience.

Seventh Arrow fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Apr 30, 2018

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Thanks for the write-up, I’ve had Crookz sitting in my library for a few months but haven’t gotten to it yet. Sounds like I need to bump it up a little higher on the backlog.

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Well that's another thing that's nice about Crookz, is that you can take as much time with it as you please. Not only can you pause in-game and look around at your options but you can play another game or do other stuff and mull about how you're going to beat the puzzle.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

That game looks cool

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Ghost of a Tale

I must admit, I've never played a stealth-RPG where the protagonist is a minstrel mouse before, especially one that encounters rat guards and frog pirates and sundercrabs, to boot. But that is indeed the setting for Ghost of a Tale, brought to us by developer Lionel "Seith" Gallat. It's apparently based on the "Redwall" series by Brian Jacques. I haven't read them, but the setting is a nice change from the usual fantasy fare and pulls the player in with its rich lore and colourful characters. You play Tilo, the afore-mentioned minstrel mouse. Your wife, Merra, was a dancer in the royal court and when the Baron asked you to play the ballad "The Poisoned Cup," she refused to dance and you were both sentenced with acts of sedition against the state. Apparently the historical events detailed in "The Poisoned Cup" are a sore spot in mouse history, one that has been used to strip them of all titles and property. You awaken in your cell and set out to escape and find Merra.

The stealth gameplay is just kind of 'there', unfortunately. It's a cover-based system and there's not much you can do to the Red Paw - the rat guards that populate the prison and surrounding area. You can hit them with bottles or use snail slime to make them slip...both of these actions will knock them out temporarily, but they'll be back to their patrols soon enough. Most of the time in the early game, you'll just be avoiding them. Later on you get a quest to obtain a guard's outfit. Unlike the disguises in Hitman or Death to Spies, you don't need to avoid line of sight or walk on eggshells when you don this disguise. In fact, you can even converse with guards while wearing it (and are required to do so for some quests). Of course, this sounds like it would be a death knell for stealthing in the game but one big disadvantage to the outfit is that it's extremely slow and clunky. You'll probably only use it when you need to interact with Red Paw NPCs or traverse crowded areas. Interestingly enough, there's a ranger disguise that you can use that minimizes your visibility to a great degree. Guards don't like rangers, however, so if they spot you they might confiscate one of your (non-quest) items.

Your surroundings are a bit limited at first. After getting out of the jail, you only have the surrounding courtyard to explore. As you do more quests, you'll eventually open up more areas, like the Harbour, the Forest, the Catacombs, and so on. This is one element that might be frustrating for some because a lot of the sidequests depend on areas that are only opened by the main quest later on. For example, there's a quest that you get early on to collect roses for Merra, but some of these roses can only be found on the Shore or the Northern Slopes so you can't complete them until you progress the main quest. Another aspect that may or may not detract is that the game shows little interest in holding you by the hand. You don't get any waypoints directing you to the locations of quest items, and the map will only on occasion show the location of needed items. The UI is minimal and if you're stuck on a quest, an NPC will provide hints but at a price. I actually liked this part of it - it made the game more immersive and I liked having a game screen where I could appreciate the lovingly-crafted scenery instead of having a cacophony of exclamation marks, icons, and arrows.

So my TL;DR take is that although the stealth gameplay isn't overly compelling, the story and setting surely are. If you want to explore a unique world with lively characters and merry ballads, you'll need to pick this up for sure. I tried thinking of a rodent pun, but I'm afraid I'll have to weasel my way out of it.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

ghost of a tale looks amazing, thank you for posting

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the mouse is extremely cute and id love to play it in 4k on an xbox one x with my girlfriend

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

trying to jack off posted:

xbox one x girlfriend

thinking emoji

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
thats adorable

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Holy crap is that a licensed Redwall game. I read dozens of those books in middle school.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

In Training posted:

Holy crap is that a licensed Redwall game. I read dozens of those books in middle school.

No its a ripofff i think but it seems to really nail that vibe

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

The best way to put it is that it's *legally distinct* from Redwall, while making exaggerated winking gestures.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Suckin: The Gay's Long Dong.

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Velvet Assassin

So when you get ice cream, are you ok with vanilla or are you the kind of turbonerd who has to have some sort of super-swirly ice cream with sprinkles and a neon bowl? Because Velvet Assassin is the vanilla. Games like Dishonored are the sprinkly swirly ice cream. I think. I didn't really think this metaphor through, but the point is that as far as stealth games go, Velvet Assassin checks all the usual boxes: hiding in the shadows, sneaking up on targets, listening for guards, etc., etc.

You play the part of Violette Summer, who is based partly on WWII French/British agent Violette Szabo. Summer is likewise a British spy who, during the events of WWII, is tasked with killing various high-ranking Nazis, causing Nazi outposts to go boom, or sometimes a combination of the two. The stealth gameplay is shadow and cover-based. Violette can hide in dark areas and when doing so, is bathed in a violet tint. This is also demonstrated by an icon in the bottom left; when the icon has no tint, you are visible but not yet spotted - and when the icon flashes red, you've been spotted and lots of German swearing and machine gun fire is headed your way. It's imperative to note - before you make any purchasing decisions - that Velvet Assassin is not, for the most part, combat-friendly. Getting spotted is usually a death sentence although the game gives you a way out in the way of morphine. You can collect morphine needles, which can be used to freeze time and either make your way to a safer position or shank a kraut without having to sneak. This causes the infamous scene of VS running around the battlefield in a skimpy satin nightie. I guess the official explanation is that the whole story is being told as a flashback from her hospital bed. Since that's the way she was dressed in hospital, then...that's the way she looks during these morphine hazes? I guess? It's pretty weird. Also, if you're guessing that maybe there's a level where she escapes the hospital and spends an entire level in that nightie, well then you're absolutely correct!

Having said that, this game can get downright grim at times. There's one level where you have to make your way through a Jewish ghetto that the Reich has gone through. The buildings and streets are littered with the bodies of children and adults, some of whom have hanged themselves. You can hear the screams of Jews being gunned down in the streets in the distance. There's also a part where a bunch of villagers are being burned alive inside a church. The game has little interest in portraying you as America J. Krautpuncher, Freedom Defender Extraordinaire. Granted, most of this happens towards the end of the game so you have to keep that in mind when deciding if this will put you off of the game as a whole. You kill a ton of Nazis over the course of the game, and the kill animations are varied. Although Violette has one move where she will stab soldiers in their little nutzis. I don't know about you, but if someone stabbed me in the balls, it would be anything but a silent kill.

Although I like the tried-and-true formula, there are a few things that negatively impacted my experience. First of all, it uses checkpoint saves and these aren't always generous. There are occasions where you'll have to clear out a whole warehouse full of Nazis and if you irreparably flub it on the last soldier, you're going to have to do everything all over again. Also, there's no toggle crouch...it's tempting to forgive it because it's a game from 2009, but even the original Deus Ex had crouch-toggling. Finally, there are places in the game here and there with forced combat - and the combat is kind of dire. You have to toggle an "aiming mode" to fire your weapon and you move like a truck with square wheels when doing so.

That's the game in a nutshell. If you want an old-school, vanilla-flavoured stealth game then Velvet Assassin should deliver as long as you're willing to put up with all the stuff in the previous paragraph. I'd say to wait for a sale, but it's already cheap as it is. I never tried any of the mods, but they do exist and might help to add some sprinkles on top of "Vanilla Assassin."

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

A joy to read as always. Thank you based stealthbro

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
I actually remember playing VA some years ago - although I didn't finish it, from memory. The hold-only crouching was pretty off-putting, as was the shooting.
Although personally, I could forgive it for the shooting mechanics, since the main character isn't a frontline soldier who has to advance and shoot a lot, etc. But yeah, it was still a little annoying in those forced-combat situations. (I remember there being one with loads of flamethrower guys in relatively confined spaces, which was a bit of a pain)
Some of the scenery/levels also looked quite decent for a 2009 game too, from memory. But yeah, definitely a very 'vanilla' experience on the whole!

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

The game has loads of atmosphere...there's places where the soundtrack really has that ambient Thief thing going. And the scenery (although drab in places) can really make you realize how dismal and hopeless parts of WW2 could be. But it's when you get to the gameplay (including the checkpoint system) that you really need to decide if you're going to tough it out for the whole game...that last level is a bit of a slog, too.

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Party Hard

I once lived in an apartment building with a downstairs neighbour who would play loud music despite visits from the cops and landlord. Although it was a pretty frustrating experience, I'm fairly certain that at no time did I: stab him, poison his food, set off explosives in his vicinity, frighten a horse into fatally kicking him, lure him into a gigantic bear trap, or put him in the path of an oncoming vehicle. Had I been the protagonist of Party Hard, however, all of those options would have been on the table.

Party Hard is a top-down game in a genre I've heard being called "stealth action." It's less about skulking in shadows waiting half an hour for a guard to patrol by and more about bobbing and weaving around your enemies without getting caught. You control Darius, a man driven to the edge by noisy neighbours and has chosen to solve this problem in the stabbiest, explodiest manner possible. The objectives are often nuanced and varied. For example, in the first mission your objective is KILL THEM ALL. However, later on at a frathouse you're given the objective KILL THEM ALL. In a neat twist though, when you and your knife arrive at a beach party your objective is to KILL THEM ALL.

Okay, so the story doesn't have a lot of depth but the gameplay does provide a lot of interest. When you arrive, you have your trusty knife of course, but there are also a couple of accidents-waiting-to-happen that you can use to discretely get rid of partygoers: some levels will have a horse hanging around, who you can startle into fatally kicking whoever is behind them. You can throw people off of roofs, shove them into fans, poison the punch bowl, set off a motorized cart, and one level even lets you lure people into a deadly lumber processing device. You also have the option of using the phone, although this seems to have a different effect depending on the level you're in. In some levels, it will just spawn more partgoers, increasing the amount of people you need to kill by a dozen or so. However, in a different level it brought in a helpful chainsaw lunatic who eviscerated numerous guests before being hauled in by the cops. In other levels there were zombies and partygoer-abducting aliens and so on. You will also occasionally get help from a mysterious man in black who will sell you items like stun bombs or poison.

The rest of the folks you'll need to whittle off one by one with your knife. In doing this, you need to be a good judge of people's line of sight and distance. If someone sees you commit a murder - or standing in the vicinity of a stabbing victim - they will call the police. You can outrun the police but if they catch you, it's time to start over. You can kill police but it's generally unwise as a stronger cop will simply be sent out in his place. Bouncers are prevalent and will murder you if you get too close. In some levels, federal agents will also scour the level for you and they can only be killed with traps. I guess the government gives them knife-proof suits or something.

That's about all there is to say about Party Hard - it's not complex and if the idea of a stealth game with an inventive twist appeals to you then you should certainly give it a try. Also if you've been looking for an excuse to let your inner slasher out. It's already pretty cheap but you can wait for a sale if you're unsure...there's also DLC with additional levels. Finally, it's worth mentioning that the soundtrack is great and although the game doesn't wear out its welcome, it does have a lot of replay value in the way of additional playable characters.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Seventh Arrow posted:

Seven: The Days Long Gone

Seven: The Days Long Gone mixes sci-fi and fantasy, as well as stealth and RPG for an intriguing experience. You play Teriel, a low-level thief who plans a grand heist at a local mansion. Unfortunately, an encounter with a strange device leads to him being sent to the prison island of Peh, accompanied by a daemon named Artanak. The story is so-so and the factions are not very interesting, but a lot of the background lore is fascinating and the island itself is more varied than you'd think a prison isle would be. The voice acting is also great, and I really liked the visuals. Despite the RPG leanings, there is no xp and no character levels. You mostly level up by acquiring and upgrading gear (via crafting). The crafting is just kind of there, there's nothing terrible special about it although it's mostly used for upgrading gear that you already have. Getting better gear is usually a matter of taking down stronger enemies and seeing what goodies are in their inventory.

The stealth gameplay itself is pretty great, the first part of the game gives you a proper stealth mission to sneak around in, giving you a good idea of how the mechanics work. There's no shadow-based sneaking, it's all line of sight. Your character can climb up on objects to navigate and to avoid detection; as usual, you can shank guards from behind and also from overhead if you get the jump on them. Guards can be dumb in some ways, while smart in others. Dumb in the sense that seeing a dead body elicits no suspicion on their part...in fact, sometimes they'll helpfully vanish a dead body for you! However, they're a bit smarter in that if they spot you, they'll alert their nearby buddies and also check any nearby hiding places. You can distract them with a thrown rock, but they'll suspect that something's up and will sometimes search nearby hiding places as well. Since Peh is an open world, you're probably not going to be stealthing around all the time - that would get tedious. Mostly, you'll stealth when you infiltrate certain locations. You get a helpful icon on your screen when you're in a prohibited area, so you know when to start skulking about.

I appreciated the lack of fetch quests; there are a few of them there, but overall I found a lot of cool little stories throughout the island. For one, a merchant was having power problems with his cooler and got me to investigate. This had me using Seven's brand of detective vision to follow the cables over the island to find the source of the problem. Along the way, I ran into an insane mage who was wanted by the state for treason. I freed the cops he was holding hostage and we all got in a big battle with him; it was only by ripping his heart out that we were able to defeat him (I then had to return the heart to an computerized questgiver). Another time, I encountered a locked safe; once I hacked the combination, it contained a note that led to another safe, and these led to a few more safes until I finally got a note leading me to a master locksmith on the island. I had to break into his mansion and avoid his guards, whereupon he challenged me to come with him to infiltrate the tomb of The First Locksmith. When we got there, he said a prayer to the God of Lockpicking and we solved a big floor puzzle and plundered the giant neon tomb that came forth. And these are just the sidequests. Another thing I liked is that for you to uncover a set of fast travel nodes, you have to break in to the local police station and hack the primary terminal (called an overseer) without being spotted. One of them was even located in the main police HQ, a sprawling facility where I had to sneak through overhead rafters, outdoor pipes, and training halls just to get to the overseer. I thought that was pretty cool.

Really, if you just burn through the main mission, I think you'll have a short and not-so-immersive experience. Much of the fun is had through exploring Peh and stealthing through its contents. Finally, the game received a bad rap on release due to bugs and playability but apparently they've pushed out six big patches and several minor ones since then. I really didn't have many issues playing it - I did encounter a few crashes but they were all while loading and never interfered with gameplay itself. I really enjoyed Seven TDLG and its wealth of content. I highly recommend it, even at full price.

i wanna try this i heard it was pretty janky with bugs at release but it's been fixed more or less now

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Seven is pretty stable at this point. I don't recall any intrusive bugs or showstoppers when I played it.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Seventh Arrow posted:

Party Hard

I once lived in an apartment building with a downstairs neighbour who would play loud music despite visits from the cops and landlord. Although it was a pretty frustrating experience, I'm fairly certain that at no time did I: stab him, poison his food, set off explosives in his vicinity, frighten a horse into fatally kicking him, lure him into a gigantic bear trap, or put him in the path of an oncoming vehicle. Had I been the protagonist of Party Hard, however, all of those options would have been on the table.

Party Hard is a top-down game in a genre I've heard being called "stealth action." It's less about skulking in shadows waiting half an hour for a guard to patrol by and more about bobbing and weaving around your enemies without getting caught. You control Darius, a man driven to the edge by noisy neighbours and has chosen to solve this problem in the stabbiest, explodiest manner possible. The objectives are often nuanced and varied. For example, in the first mission your objective is KILL THEM ALL. However, later on at a frathouse you're given the objective KILL THEM ALL. In a neat twist though, when you and your knife arrive at a beach party your objective is to KILL THEM ALL.

Okay, so the story doesn't have a lot of depth but the gameplay does provide a lot of interest. When you arrive, you have your trusty knife of course, but there are also a couple of accidents-waiting-to-happen that you can use to discretely get rid of partygoers: some levels will have a horse hanging around, who you can startle into fatally kicking whoever is behind them. You can throw people off of roofs, shove them into fans, poison the punch bowl, set off a motorized cart, and one level even lets you lure people into a deadly lumber processing device. You also have the option of using the phone, although this seems to have a different effect depending on the level you're in. In some levels, it will just spawn more partgoers, increasing the amount of people you need to kill by a dozen or so. However, in a different level it brought in a helpful chainsaw lunatic who eviscerated numerous guests before being hauled in by the cops. In other levels there were zombies and partygoer-abducting aliens and so on. You will also occasionally get help from a mysterious man in black who will sell you items like stun bombs or poison.

The rest of the folks you'll need to whittle off one by one with your knife. In doing this, you need to be a good judge of people's line of sight and distance. If someone sees you commit a murder - or standing in the vicinity of a stabbing victim - they will call the police. You can outrun the police but if they catch you, it's time to start over. You can kill police but it's generally unwise as a stronger cop will simply be sent out in his place. Bouncers are prevalent and will murder you if you get too close. In some levels, federal agents will also scour the level for you and they can only be killed with traps. I guess the government gives them knife-proof suits or something.

That's about all there is to say about Party Hard - it's not complex and if the idea of a stealth game with an inventive twist appeals to you then you should certainly give it a try. Also if you've been looking for an excuse to let your inner slasher out. It's already pretty cheap but you can wait for a sale if you're unsure...there's also DLC with additional levels. Finally, it's worth mentioning that the soundtrack is great and although the game doesn't wear out its welcome, it does have a lot of replay value in the way of additional playable characters.

This sounds great, OP. Thanks for sharing as usual

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

https://store.steampowered.com/springcleaning

One of my "Nostalgia" games is Thief 3, so it might be fun to fire it up again. Surely Shalebridge Cradle can't still be scary after all these years, right? :ohdear:

I've been trying to review Marvellous Miss Take but I'm not really into it so far. Has anyone else tried it?

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

e: double post, somehow

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Anyone know why Hitman just received an update that's a little under 1GB in size? Hopefully it's good news, that it's groundwork for the next season...

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Major Isoor posted:

Anyone know why Hitman just received an update that's a little under 1GB in size? Hopefully it's good news, that it's groundwork for the next season...

updated their privacy policy

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Styx: Shards of Darkness is in the latest Humble Monthly, if you're into Humble stuff and you somehow haven't played Styx yet.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the 1st styx game was pretty good but rough the second one is fantastic and anyone who likes stealth games should play both prolly but definitely the second one at least

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
https://twitter.com/Hitman/status/1003667740857491456

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

omg.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

gently caress yeah

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011