Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Zore posted:

Second, easily.

What would you put above it besides Morrowind? Oblivion was 'Skyrim but worse' and most of the earlier games are just incredibly janky in bad ways and very hard to go back to

And the MMO is a loving MMO and lol if you would put it anywhere but last

I would put oblivion over skyrim yes. Oblivion at least had some color every now and then. Skyrim was a cloudy sky and snow everywhere you went.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Hey, only like a third of the Skyrim map was snowy.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I would put oblivion over skyrim yes. Oblivion at least had some color every now and then. Skyrim was a cloudy sky and snow everywhere you went.

Oblivion had zero color. That's like its defining aesthetic

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bloom is a colour

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Oblivion let you break the game harder, but I wouldnt call Oblivions world more interesting. It was boring af

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Oblivion was brown. Except for that one DLC where you went to that mad god's world.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 18:11 on May 17, 2018

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Alan_Shore posted:

Here's a weird question I can't seem to find the answer to: if I buy a game, say, Hyrule Warriors, in Hong Kong, will I be able to to change the language to English or is that a no go? I couldn't tell from the back of the box (it was in Cantonese can you believe it!)

If it's a game that's had physical releases elsehwere (which Hyrule Warriors definitely does), I'd expect all versions to pull their languages based on your current console settings. It'd cost them a whole lot more money to maintain and print different versions of the game.

My Hong Kong Bayonetta 1 (& 2) were both in English though the boxes implied nothing of the sort (that I could read).

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
You know what I'd play on switch? A fuckin assassins creed game. Put rogue on the switch. That game owned and you could be a bad guy and poo poo.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

""""""""""oblivion is bad""""""""""

:smugbert:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zore posted:

Oblivion had zero color. That's like its defining aesthetic

I think maybe all the Elder Scrolls games are very ugly

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Switchrim doesnt look this good

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Both Oblivion and Skyrim are kind of terrible imo but 'brown' isn't a criticism that I would apply to either of them

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

the gods know what you've done

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
It was really awesome the first time you come across the mountain ridge, and see the Imperial City off in the distance. That was impressive as hell at the time. Everything else...

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’d consider Fallout 3 on Switch since I never played a Fallout game. I’d rather it be New Vegas though since apparently that’s the good 3D one?

Fallout 3 is good, not perfect, but good. The Capital Wastes is really fun to play around in, especially if you're American and have been to DC area. The bigger issues are that the main story is predictable and boring and it is tonally (and factually) inconsistent with the original two games. The non-patched ending is horrible and I have no idea how they thought it was a satisfying for the players, but any special edition would have the better ending there as default so if you've never played it that's something that you don't have to worry about. The DLCs are fun, even though they completely break the game with their rewards.

FO3 paints its story with only black and white. New Vegas has greys, a whole spectrum of them, and it's so so much better as a result.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

lelandjs posted:

Who would have thought that people would want to be able to play one of the best games of all time on the go?

I played it for a good long while but quit when a key NPC to the quest for the fanciest house got killed by a dragon 10 hours before I started the house quest, rendering it unfinishable.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Fallout 3 ... The non-patched ending is horrible and I have no idea how they thought it was a satisfying for the players,

giving you a radiation-immune follower 5 minutes before you have to walk into a heavily radiated room and die and having your new friend tell you this is your destiny is the loving biggest, ballsiest power move i've ever seen and i will hear no criticism of it whatsoever

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Kaubocks posted:

giving you a radiation-immune follower 5 minutes before you have to walk into a heavily radiated room and die and having your new friend tell you this is your destiny is the loving biggest, ballsiest power move i've ever seen and i will hear no criticism of it whatsoever

Trump_wrong.gif

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Emron posted:

I played it for a good long while but quit when a key NPC to the quest for the fanciest house got killed by a dragon 10 hours before I started the house quest, rendering it unfinishable.

I don't understand why anyone would ever play a Bethesda game on anything other than PC. I love those games to death but I sometimes have to break out the tcl several times per session. Without console commands, how are people dealing with all the gamebreaking poo poo in these games? :confused:

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
If I wanted to buy either Eternal Edge or Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles, which would goons recommend? It seems like neither game is particularly great, but I have a $20 eShop gift card and was wondering if I should just pick up Eternal Edge or spend the extra doubloons on Yonder (which comes out today on Switch, but has been available on other platforms for a while).

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

all this fallout talk has me bummed out that we havent heard anything about wasteland 2 on the switch in months :(

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I do a lot of speed scrolling through these pages if I have a lot to catch up on, but I think Pokemon Khaki/Plaid/Denim would be a neat spin off for the series.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I've put a lot of hours into the various Bethesda games I've play since 2008 on consoles and I've only really ran into minor bugs. Of course the real issue is that someone else has put in half the time I have and has run into a lot of major bugs. There's no real consistency as to what and when things with break so everyone is going to have a difference experience.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Actually

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""oblivion is good""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

:dudsmile:

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Warlock of Firetop Mountain is getting ported.
https://twitter.com/TinManGames/status/996629170649088000?s=19

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Trump_wrong.gif

"Ballsy" doesn't mean "good" so he's not wrong.

I think it's comparable to the Red Dead Redemption ending with your awesome badass Outlaw Dad being gunned down only to be permanently replaced by Nasally Wild West Scrappy Doo for the postgame.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Your Computer posted:

I don't understand why anyone would ever play a Bethesda game on anything other than PC. I love those games to death but I sometimes have to break out the tcl several times per session. Without console commands, how are people dealing with all the gamebreaking poo poo in these games? :confused:

I didn’t hit any bugs (well, besides rag doll issues) in the Switch version until about 90 hours in, and the biggest bug I’ve gotten was a repeated crash when entering one specific cave that was pretty easily worked around.

There are a couple radiant quests that won’t clear out of my misc section but whatever.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I just wanna play Hyrule warriorsssssss ugh. Why won't you just unlock.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Is shantae good or are there too many anime titties

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

How many anime titties is too many?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
The titties are clearly western cartoon titties.

They're solid platformers and nothing is going to be more risque than Shantae's normal outfit. So if that bothers you, skip it I guess.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Shantae is full of anime tiddies (3D ones in the 3DS games) but the gameplay is almost good enough to excuse it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Over There posted:

I just wanna play Hyrule warriorsssssss ugh. Why won't you just unlock.

It's out in Australia... not that I bought it.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Pirate's Curse is good. The rest are either mediocre to bad.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

[Mortal Kombat announcer voice] Primrose. Alfyn. H'aanit. Tressa Colozone. Therion. Olberic. Yusufa. Helgenish.

Got a big ol' laugh outta this.

Also tying speed boosts to shooting enemies is such a drat good idea that I'll really be sad if it is fake.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

lelandjs posted:

Shantae is full of anime tiddies (3D ones in the 3DS games) but the gameplay is almost good enough to excuse it.

Anime tiddies don't need an excuse

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

It’s very mediocre. I wouldn’t bother unless you really are bored of much better platformers on Switch like Donkey Kong, Rayman, Sonic Mania, Shovel Knight, etc.

Kvlt! posted:

all this fallout talk has me bummed out that we havent heard anything about wasteland 2 on the switch in months :(

Was this game any good? Looked more interesting to me than Fallout.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Only if you like obtuse 80's RPG mechanics

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

Was this game any good? Looked more interesting to me than Fallout.

I have no idea, but it looked better to me than Fallout too and I'm really looking forward to playing it (assuming it is still coming to the Switch)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Sakurazuka posted:

Only if you like obtuse 80's RPG mechanics

But enough about Pokemon

I haven't treated myself to a full proper release in a while and am craving a treat for the weekend to celebrate my new job (I start a tech writer role with a big company in 2 weeks!!)

I'm torn between Tropical Freeze and Hyrule Warriors..if I end up enjoying the basic gameplay loop of HW then I think it's the clear champion..but what if I hate it? Obviously I buy my games digitally because no impulse control so I'll be stuck with what I get. I haven't ever really played a warriors game and hate repetitive gameplay. That is unless it has a satisfying reward loop and is decently entertaining on its own

On the other hand TF seems like a safer, if potentially less exciting choice. I like platformers and all but have never been huge into DK

• Locked thread