Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Why not just separate into two countries so 100% of people can be happy instead of a constant tug of war of which half gets to be unhappy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Because it's a little more complicated than just putting a line of masking tape down the middle of the living room and telling your wife to stay on her side while you stay on yours.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Because it's a little more complicated than just putting a line of masking tape down the middle of the living room and telling your wife to stay on her side while you stay on yours.

Actually its not

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Because conservative retards live in some of the most beautiful places in this poo poo country so we should just goonrush them with liberal gays instead.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I just noticed that on the main GBS page this thread shows 0 views even though you and I have both posted in it. I wonder if we're dead. Perhaps we're doomed to spend all of eternity together.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I just noticed that on the main GBS page this thread shows 0 views even though you and I have both posted in it. I wonder if we're dead. Perhaps we're doomed to spend all of eternity together.

Seems fine for me.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Thank god. Can you imagine spending forever with the idiot OP lol.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

This is a well thought out and nuanced idea OP.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
If we break up then we'll get a continued fracturing. No, the solution is for every state to become a nation unto itself, replace the Governor with President and enter into non-aggression and trade agreements with neighboring states. The USA executive/legislative branch as a whole then becomes more a United Nations organization for imposing sanctions and facilitating peaceful resolutions in this section of the North Am. continent.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Both the rural and the urban populations hate each other and think their opposites are about to keel over and die at any second.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
It isn't 50/50, there is poo poo like gerrymandering, and land is weighted more heavily than people

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Because the states and counties of one half are entirely economically dependent on the other half to be able to function. The economically dependent half tend to be the people who have guns and join the military.

HugeGrossBurrito fucked around with this message at 19:32 on May 17, 2018

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Yeah let's just make CONSERVATIVE LAND and LIBERAL LAND!

Conservative Land: Everybody gets a gun, there's no taxes and no social programs, so it's basically a modern version of the wild west! Capitalism is king here, also you're allowed to kill anybody as long as you felt threatened by them. Everything that's not 100% heterosexual is outlawed, and the only entertainment is the XFL (gently caress the NFL for the kneeling!!!!) and Last Man Standing.

Liberal Land: Everybody is a communist, if you somehow turn a profit you get turned into a nutritional slurry for the less fortunate. Everybody is forced to have at least one gay experience, just to see if you like it. Toast costs 9 dollars and comes with avocado and you can't ask for it on the side, they just spread that poo poo on there. Nobody knows what sports are, it's all musical theater.

Here ya go I stereotyped the whole country and created appropriate lands to live in. Who gives a gently caress about trade and whatnot, or the physical division of the country.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

It's almost like balkanization is better for our enemies than it is for us. I wonder who is really pushing for secession...

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

A Fancy Hat posted:

Yeah let's just make CONSERVATIVE LAND and LIBERAL LAND!

Conservative Land: Everybody gets a gun, there's no taxes and no social programs, so it's basically a modern version of the wild west! Capitalism is king here, also you're allowed to kill anybody as long as you felt threatened by them. Everything that's not 100% heterosexual is outlawed, and the only entertainment is the XFL (gently caress the NFL for the kneeling!!!!) and Last Man Standing.

Liberal Land: Everybody is a communist, if you somehow turn a profit you get turned into a nutritional slurry for the less fortunate. Everybody is forced to have at least one gay experience, just to see if you like it. Toast costs 9 dollars and comes with avocado and you can't ask for it on the side, they just spread that poo poo on there. Nobody knows what sports are, it's all musical theater.

Here ya go I stereotyped the whole country and created appropriate lands to live in. Who gives a gently caress about trade and whatnot, or the physical division of the country.

I definitely want neither of those things

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
if the liberals can establish communes outside our national parks covered in weed smog, well then we're talking.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
so one side has all of the guns and the other side has all of the debt, could i sleep on this before i choose??

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Why stop there? Why not subdivide into 300 million something independent states?

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I think they tried that once but they just started killing each other because it's okay to invade and kill other countries.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

1redflag posted:

It's almost like balkanization is better for our enemies than it is for us. I wonder who is really pushing for secession...

*Canada and Mexico eye the border states hungrily.*

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
It's p cool how a party supported by a minority of the population can somehow end up controlling the govt

somebody should look into it

like if it happened anywhere else I bet people would be like "that can't be right" but not in the us lol

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Because when he hits me, that shows me he loves me.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Naw, it's more like 60/40 to 70/30. So just running the numbers, the smart move is to kill off the bad ones and take their poo poo.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the retard death cult bits have nukes in them

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Frankenstyle posted:

Naw, it's more like 60/40 to 70/30. So just running the numbers, the smart move is to kill off the bad ones and take their poo poo.

We need a new focus grouped term for eugenics.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Jose posted:

the retard death cult bits have nukes in them

Exactly. The payload is already delivered. We just need to light that candle.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

old beast lunatic posted:

We need a new focus grouped term for eugenics.

Social Polishing.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
its not. rural hicks have way, way outsized voting power.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Which side gets all of the federal assets like the carriers and stuff?

Maybe we can split them 50/50 like a divorce that would be fair.

We can do it on Judge Judy.

This is gonna be super simple.

Meck Pomses
Jan 7, 2011

I QUESTIONED BUYING AN AVATAR WHEN I GET A FREE "STUPID NEWBIE" ONE WHEN REGISTERING SO SOMEONE GAVE ME FANART OF BIG BOSS DRESSED AS BAYONETTA DRAWN BY N ARTIST WHO TRIED TO MAKE A COLLABORATIVE BBW FIGHTING GAME FOR MY AVATAR OUT OF SPITE
Split up into Northern States and Confederate Sates. Give the middle part back to the indians and the West Coast to China.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
since red and blue have been so stigmatized u have to pick new colors. maybe we can pick purple and green, the piccolo colors.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Smythe posted:

since red and blue have been so stigmatized u have to pick new colors. maybe we can pick purple and green, the piccolo colors.

brown and white

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Methanar posted:

Why not just separate into two countries so 100% of people can be happy instead of a constant tug of war of which half gets to be unhappy.

because the american political parties necessarily divide along the middle of popular opinion. look up nash equilibrium/principle of minimum differentiation/hotelling's law

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

It's p cool how a party supported by a minority of the population can somehow end up controlling the govt

somebody should look into it

like if it happened anywhere else I bet people would be like "that can't be right" but not in the us lol

don't worry, some conservative smoothbrain will be here to defend the electoral college shortly

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I think this is a good idea, put all the democrats up north and all the republicans down south. Then simply nuke the poo poo out of the republicans.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Meck Pomses posted:

Split up into Northern States and Confederate Sates. Give the middle part back to the indians and the West Coast to China.

nah give it all up to the natives under the stipulation the rest of the world has to take back their various hyphenated americans so i can be immigrated to a less hosed nation

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Flesh Forge posted:

It isn't 50/50, there is poo poo like gerrymandering, and land is weighted more heavily than people

lmao of course land weighs more than people otherwise how could we stand on it dumbass

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

all democrats have to do is gently caress off when it comes to guns and the republicans can't win another election

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

all democrats have to do is gently caress off when it comes to guns and the republicans can't win another election

this fact never gets old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
taken to its conclusion this point of a view leads to libertarianism therefore you are incorrect via proof by contradiction QED

• Locked thread