Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
I haven't caught a single shiny yet :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Swablu during the "holy poo poo there's Swablu everywhere" event.

Ended up with three of them before the event ended.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I have 1 shiny magikarp, 1 shiny dratini, 1 shiny Dragonite, 1 shiny Pikachu, 3 shiny mareep and Bulbasaur, and 1 shiny makuhita. Soon to have shiny charmander.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Everyone please tell me your first Pokemon Go shiny

Mine was my new best friend, Porp the purple Wailmer. I am motivated to do my run every day to get candy for him so he can become Porp the purple Wailord.
Mine was a Pikachu when the park next to me was a Pikachu next.

I didn't even notice. It took my kid messing around and asking, "Why is this Pikachu more orange?" for me to understand.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Duskull just chillin' in the park. Evo'ed it into a Dusclops. Eagerly waiting for Dusknoir to be a thing.

One day after a month of trying to find any Ghost mon's and sloooowly getting the ten ghost pokemon needed, the park I walk through to get anywhere turns into a loving Misdreavus nest :argh:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
I don't understand how people are having such a hard time finding ghosts, do you people not get up before 7 am or something? I walked into work at 7 am this morning and there were two Duskulls and a Gastly sitting there.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Louisgod posted:

I don't understand how people are having such a hard time finding ghosts, do you people not get up before 7 am or something? I walked into work at 7 am this morning and there were two Duskulls and a Gastly sitting there.

They didn't spawn (or at least very rarely spawned) during events because they were overwritten by the special spawns, and we've had events going for the last several weeks

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

flatluigi posted:

They didn't spawn (or at least very rarely spawned) during events because they were overwritten by the special spawns, and we've had events going for the last several weeks

I still saw tons of ghosts spawn in the morning, generally at 6 am. Usually Shuppets.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Yeah after it seemed pretty clear the RNG gods didn't want me to have a shiny Maku/Medi I got really really sick of that fighting event lasting forever. Honestly a relief to see a Sandshrew.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Fwiw I'm up at 6 every day and have hardly seen any ghosts at all, in the morning.

I got past that goal during the Gen 1 event, fortunately, but I'd be hard pressed to find many ghosts right now.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
First shiny was a bulbasaur during its event. Despite my participation and against all odds I did not catch a shiny dratini

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Louisgod posted:

Was this Night = More Ghosts actually proven?
I finish work at midnight, if I'm playing I don't get back until about 1/1:30am (going through a train/bus interchange, a shopping mall, a teeny cemetery and two parks) and ghosts still wouldn't spawn.
Why can't people find Trapinches for, they're just right there :smug:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Croccers posted:

I finish work at midnight, if I'm playing I don't get back until about 1/1:30am (going through a train/bus interchange, a shopping mall, a teeny cemetery and two parks) and ghosts still wouldn't spawn.

fwiw i found all my ghosts between 5 and 7 am at a church next door to my work and ghosts are definitely not part of my normal biome spawns.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
There are significantly more ghosts at night, but maybe it is biome limited? Fwiw, I found all mine at strip mall parking lots

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Croccers posted:

Apparently people tracked a bunch of spawns over a long period of time, and found that ghost/dark types do spawn more frequently at night. It's not a huge increase, but it is an increase.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Croccers posted:

I found almost all my ghosts 7-7:30 am.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I saw like 5 gastly and shuppet just on my way into work at 7:30. It's the only time I see them.

Spam Musubi
Jan 17, 2018

Cheap, Affordable, and Tasty!
Wrap me in rice like you would with your mother.
First shiny was a shiny meditie my Go-tcha caught.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

First shiny was pink Dratini. It's not very strong.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Grillfiend posted:

Mine was a pink dratini during the dratini event

:same:

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
First shiny was a Magikarp. And then another. And another. And another. There are a lot of Magikarp here. I have 7 shiny ones now.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Spam Musubi posted:

First shiny was a shiny meditie my Go-tcha caught.

Oh I am just waiting for the day I look in my journal and see a shiny ran away from my Go-tcha.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

DizzyBum posted:

Oh I am just waiting for the day I look in my journal and see a shiny ran away from my Go-tcha.

I think they show up as regular in the journal

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

I have yet to catch a shiny. Oh well.

I did finally manage to snag my 10th ghost and move on to the next step in the Mew quest.

Now all I need to do is walk about 270km worth of fish candy, since they barely spawn around where I am. (Right beside a great lake, go figure.)

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
Got a golden fish for completing a research task today.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

Louisgod posted:

I'm up every morning by 6 and I finally saw a Shuppet yesterday, Still need 7 more.

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf
Game updated on Android:

quote:

WHAT'S NEW
- Trainers can now transform Rare Candy to a specific Pokémon’s Candy in bulk.
- Various bug fixes and performance updates.

A Good Update

Spam Musubi
Jan 17, 2018

Cheap, Affordable, and Tasty!
Wrap me in rice like you would with your mother.

NZAmoeba posted:

Game updated on Android:

A Good Update

Got updated for iOS not long ago.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The sound is lovely now.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
This game has sound?

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Shere posted:

This game has sound?

Yeah, whatever podcast app (Overcast FTW) and or Spotify playlist.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

lol @ not immediately turning off music/sound

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
My first shiny was Cool Ranch Snorunt a day or two after Christmas. I don't count Community Day shinies since it's like 75% for sure you'd get one if you play for the whole duration. That said, I got no shiny Dratini.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Good news! There's a way to guarantee a Pokémon never runs.

Bad news:

https://twitter.com/pokemongoapp/status/997190877385777153?s=21

(That Ninetales pic is dope af tho)

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Ballz posted:

Good news! There's a way to guarantee a Pokémon never runs.

Bad news:

https://twitter.com/pokemongoapp/status/997190877385777153?s=21

(That Ninetales pic is dope af tho)

That Zapdos looks like he is bringing a hurricane

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude
I'm loving Abranu Reeves

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Pez posted:

I haven't caught a single shiny yet :(

NZAmoeba posted:

- Trainers can now transform Rare Candy to a specific Pokémon’s Candy in bulk.

What does this mean? Is there now Rare Candy in addition to <Pokémon> Candy? Because if there is, I'm apparently blind, and missed whenever it happened...

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Kheldarn posted:

What does this mean? Is there now Rare Candy in addition to <Pokémon> Candy? Because if there is, I'm apparently blind, and missed whenever it happened...

Instead of putting rare candy one at a time you can choose to transfer a bunch to one Pokémon

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
First shiny - dratini

First non-community day shiny - swablu. I since have a makuhita and meditite. I'm still mad about wailmer.

Also, I caught my first main series shiny every last night -mareep!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

SirBukkake posted:

I'm loving Abranu Reeves

:lol: This is really good.

• Locked thread