Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Medea is cute. Her aunt is cuter though. :mrapig:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Stairmaster posted:

I think medea is cute.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Stairmaster posted:

I think medea is cute.

Nate RFB posted:

Caster's FHA sprites are quite powerful.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

the salter scene in hf is one of the best parts

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
it's like three seconds

like it's cool but I wouldn't say "one of the best parts"

e: unless we're talking about the game and not the movie here

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

scenes don't have to be long to be cool op

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Stairmaster posted:

Saber doesn't know about gate of Babylon in F/SN and also knows that kiri shot kirei. Additionally she claims she fought gilgamesh at the end of the fourth holy grail war which really doesn't happen in f/zero.

tbf the last ones the only one worth actually complaining about.

How could she possibly fight gilgamesh without knowing about fate of babylon?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I was wrong about saber not recognizing GoB but she definitely makes it sound like she had an all out fight with Gilgamesh.

https://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%2092/

quote:

"…Yes, Rin. On the last day of the previous Holy Grail War, I fought against him in a sea of fire.""What happened? Did you beat him?"
"No, I did not… no, I could not beat him. Because I…"
"You were beaten instead?
He's someone you couldn't beat even when you were properly summoned?"
Saber Hangs her head and doesn't answer.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i wouldnt really take the fsn vn's tl's words for any finer details like that

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Yeah seriously, it was only recently where people found out the original JP text had a reference to Einzberns possessing the cursed gold. It was only found out when Sieg's updated voiceline referenced it and people went back to check. Who knows what other fine details were smothered over

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

They screwed up on Kirei's wife's last words, too.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Oh did they? What was her last words?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Yorokobe otto-kun.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
The thing about the whole 'infinite universes' thing makes me wonder is for say, Saber waiting for Shirou. Do any of her alternate reality selves get a say in this? What about Salter? Does she count as an explicitly different person or is she still part of the greater Artoria? Or does the afterlife have infinite copies of every person? What about Archer? What about Shirou getting with different girls in different endings?!

:iiam:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Cuntellectual posted:

The thing about the whole 'infinite universes' thing makes me wonder is for say, Saber waiting for Shirou. Do any of her alternate reality selves get a say in this? What about Salter? Does she count as an explicitly different person or is she still part of the greater Artoria? Or does the afterlife have infinite copies of every person? What about Archer? What about Shirou getting with different girls in different endings?!

I'd like to think they have memories of being able to be with Shirou before Goetia incinerated history.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I imagine Salter went back to the hill too in the HF timeline(s).

"My queen, why have you suddenly become two shades paler? And why are your eyes gold now?"
"Bedivere, I feel like I have just woken up... from a very long dream."
"Oh?"
"It loving sucked." *dies*

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 03:40 on May 29, 2018

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

she's just been corrupted by the grail/dark sakura so i imagine she'd just be returned to normal whenever she went back

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Cuntellectual posted:

The Saber that made the promise is dead. She returned to the battle and accepted her death. Any of the other Sabers that aren't dead obviously aren't the one that made the promise :v:

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I hadn't considered what it would be like to watch a marvel movie but with all the establishing scenes and jokes cut out, but hey the Unlimited Bladeworks movie did me a solid on that end.

At least I can see why people wanted it rebooted as a proper show.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

UberJew posted:

The Saber that made the promise is dead. She returned to the battle and accepted her death. Any of the other Sabers that aren't dead obviously aren't the one that made the promise :v:

...But ALL Sabers are dead.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

sabers just sleeping

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Cuntellectual posted:

Of course they are, because MHX killed them all and took the title of the ONE TRUE SABER (despite not being a Saber). Whether MHX cares for anyone is something of an open question though.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Lord Koth posted:

(despite not being a Saber).

Please don't lie.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Cuntellectual posted:

Not exactly; OG Saber is the same person from history, summoned as a miracle and in essence removed from the moment before their death and not quite a proper heroic spirit. That's why she can't dematerialize, and can remember things from a previous grail war.

Wili
Apr 7, 2010

ppppbbbbtttthhhhhhttppp!

Cuntellectual posted:

Shouldn't she be resting at Avalon, ready to return in Britain's hour of need?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Wili posted:

Shouldn't she be resting at Avalon, ready to return in Britain's hour of need?

Brexit?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

UberJew posted:

Not exactly; OG Saber is the same person from history, summoned as a miracle and in essence removed from the moment before their death and not quite a proper heroic spirit. That's why she can't dematerialize, and can remember things from a previous grail war.

Oh, right.

Well, at any rate, I wonder if say, Lancer!Saber is bound by OG Saber shacking up with Shirou.

Alternate timelines are confusing.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

UberJew posted:

Except in FGO where she's dead just like everyone else.

Cuntellectual posted:

Oh, right.

Well, at any rate, I wonder if say, Lancer!Saber is bound by OG Saber shacking up with Shirou.

Alternate timelines are confusing.
Think of the HS as a wikipedia article. There's Early Life, Adulthood, Death, In Other Media Timelines, etc, and you pick the spot you prefer and make a Servant out of it.
Whatever's written in one section doesn't need to affect other sections. (Unless they're deliberately written to follow from the section you changed)

It's no different from picking between the three FSN routes.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 00:50 on May 31, 2018

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Kyte posted:

Instead there was Musashi, who was alive and well until relatively recently.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

We also don't know how Gramps is doing

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Kyte posted:

Think of the HS as a wikipedia article. There's Early Life, Adulthood, Death, In Other Media Timelines, etc, and you pick the spot you prefer and make a Servant out of it.
Whatever's written in one section doesn't need to affect other sections. (Unless they're deliberately written to follow from the section you changed)

It's no different from picking between the three FSN routes.

So basically Jailter is going to be 12 forever. How bleak. :smith:

I assume the real answer is "please don't think about it so much", but still.

Stairmaster posted:

We also don't know how Gramps is doing

That avatar is horrifying, where did you get it from

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Cuntellectual posted:

That avatar is horrifying, where did you get it from

I’m pretty sure that’s from the old Sonic Spinball game.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Jeanne is definitely not 12 my dude

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

Jeanne is definitely not 12 my dude

I meant Jeanne Alter Santa Lancer Lily.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I prefer "Janta Lily", far less cringey than "Jailter" and sounds cuter.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Santa Lily is quick and discerning enough until someone else is a Santa Lily too i hope

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
JDASL is what I use, lol

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I also use Janta Lily

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Cuntellectual posted:

So basically Jailter is going to be 12 forever. How bleak. :smith:

I assume the real answer is "please don't think about it so much", but still.
Servants don't age or naturally change, in first place.

And there's no real sense of time progression for HSs, because the throne is not a place where "time" passes (that's what it really means with "atemporal").

Personally I call her mini jeanne or starbucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Isn't MHXA the Starbucks (or 'Spacebucks')