Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Perhaps the most ignoble death possible

http://time.com/5280769/dog-attack-dachshund-woman-oklahoma-death/ posted:

A woman in Oklahoma died after being attacked by a pack of small, fleabitten dogs belonging to a neighbor.

Tracy Garcia, 52, was killed in an attack by seven small dogs near her home outside Ardmore, Okla., Carter County Sheriff Chris Bryant told the Associated Press. Garcia died from her injuries on May 10.

Bryant said each dog weighed less than 40 pounds. One dog was shot by a police officer, while the rest were euthanized at Ardmore Animal Shelter, local outlet KXII reported.

Six of the dogs were likely dachshund-terrier mixes, and one was a border collie mix, according to the shelter’s euthanasia technician Amanda Dinwiddie. Four were male dogs and three were female, and all were between a year and three years old, she said.

Dinwiddie said the dogs did not have an apparent health concerns, apart from all of them being covered in fleas and ticks.

“You can tell they have been living out in the woods,” she said.

Police are investigating whether criminal charges should be filed following the attack.

According to an obituary, Garcia was a healthcare worker, homemaker and housekeeper throughout her life. She is survived by a son and daughter.

IMO if dachshunds are able to eat you, you deserve to be eaten by them

Super Grocery Kart posted:

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Being Murdered By Wiener Dogs Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Stand Up Like Nigga Unbend Your Knees Haha

:siren: UPDATE :siren:

font color sea posted:

Turns out apparently they weren't actually wiener dogs, or at least purebred ones. http://blog.dogsbite.org/2018/05/dog-bite-fatality-ardmore-woman-killed-by-dogs.html?m=1 So what they were? Guess what, fookin pibbles. It's always pibbles.

This thread is now about the idea of being murdered by wiener dogs, not the discussion of any actual news regarding it

Devils Affricate fucked around with this message at 19:54 on May 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Live by the Weiner, die by the Weiner. It is our code.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Holy poo poo lady just drop an elbow on them

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Wienerdogs murdered me.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
this cannot happen. we cNnot allow daschunds to know they wield power over our life and death

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
watch trump start a war

Zane
Nov 14, 2007
pop culture has all the wrong ideas about daschunds. they were bred to take on badgers. breeders have somewhat mellowed them out since the 19th century. but a lot of them are still vicious ill-tempered little fuckers.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
So the question of who would win, several wiener dogs or person, is finally answered.

Hoping we get the 60 midgets vs lion answered sometime soon.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

A horse-sized duck or 20 duck-sized horses? No weapons, either.

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
Did they eat the dogs at least? Why shoot a dog without eating it?

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord
What if the woman was a deviant and they did what they thought was the right thing to do? They’re noble creatures after all.

Did they even get a fair trial? A lot of questions emerge upon reading this article.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Zane posted:

pop culture has all the wrong ideas about daschunds. they were bred to take on badgers. breeders have somewhat mellowed them out since the 19th century. but a lot of them are still vicious ill-tempered little fuckers.

Yes they are horrible little things, but 7 of them shouldn't be able to take you down

They can't even jump high and they are perfectly shaped/sized for kicking, not dissimilar to a football

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
This reminds me of a conversation I overheard outside a target.
A woman was holding her wiener dog. Another woman walks up and says, “is that a dachshund?”
“No,” the lady with the dog said, “it’s a wiener dog.”

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

40 pounds for a dachshund is pretty fat, isn't it? Like, I know the article said they all weighed less than that, but seven 30-pound crazy dogs...I mean, I can see them killing someone who isn't in the best health. Terriers are good at being persistent and psycho.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

My one rule for pet ownership is that I will never have a pet I couldn't take in a one-on-one fight. I really wanted that drat lynx, too.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

remigious posted:

This reminds me of a conversation I overheard outside a target.
A woman was holding her wiener dog. Another woman walks up and says, “is that a dachshund?”
“No,” the lady with the dog said, “it’s a wiener dog.”

Holy poo poo I actually just posted the link to a coworker with no further explanation other than "lol" and the conversation went something like this:

"Why would you lol at this? This is a horrible story"
"Because they're weiner dogs dude"
"Oh LOL I didn't read the article, just the title"
"It's in the title..."
"Oh dachshund means wiener dog?"

I chastised him for it and he got really defensive

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
It's loving beyond me how the owner of these dogs isn't facing life in prison

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

OK, I was curious, so...if you want to see what the dogs looked like, you can watch this video --

http://www.kxii.com/content/news/-Woman-attacked-and-killed-by-pack-of-dogs-identified--482607221.html

But, you know, it shows the dogs after they've been euthanized. One article said they were done so "at the request of their owner" -- so I guess they didn't live in the woods? I dunno. I have nothing against pits, which is what they look like more to me than wiener dogs, but whatever -- I do have everything against bad dog owners.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

KomodoWagon posted:

Yeah the dogs being infested with fleas and ticks is kinda being overlooked here. This wasn’t a responsible dog owner out walking his fur-babies on a Sunday morning. These were abused animals owned by an idiot.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Norm McDonald has been warning us about this for years.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

KomodoWagon posted:

dogs should have the same restrictions as cars:

- license and registration should be required by law
- if you own one and it kills someone (even if someone else is using it), you go to prison except in cases of self defense
- the manufacture and sale of them should be subject to stringent regulations

also guns

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
The lack of saber-tooth tigers has really let way too many folks survive until breeding age that probably should have been picked off young. So if you're swimming in a gene pool so shallow that Wiener dogs can cull you from the herd I say we need to give those little fuckers a medal and some Beggin' Strips.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Frankenstyle posted:

The lack of saber-tooth tigers has really let way too many folks survive until breeding age that probably should have been picked off young. So if you're swimming in a gene pool so shallow that Wiener dogs can cull you from the herd I say we need to give those little fuckers a medal and some Beggin' Strips.

Cute. :allears:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Vato posted:

OK, I was curious, so...if you want to see what the dogs looked like, you can watch this video --

http://www.kxii.com/content/news/-Woman-attacked-and-killed-by-pack-of-dogs-identified--482607221.html

But, you know, it shows the dogs after they've been euthanized. One article said they were done so "at the request of their owner" -- so I guess they didn't live in the woods? I dunno. I have nothing against pits, which is what they look like more to me than wiener dogs, but whatever -- I do have everything against bad dog owners.

lmao if you watch the video the euthanasia tech lady can barely contain her laughter. least it seems that way

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

SciFiDownBeat posted:

dogs should have the same restrictions as cars:

- license and registration should be required by law

This is already how dogs work (except in shithole areas)

quote:

- if you own one and it kills someone (even if someone else is using it), you go to prison except in cases of self defense

This is not how cars work

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
lol

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Devils Affricate posted:

This is not how cars work

well why the higgity heck not?

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

The real question:

is it a dock-sund or a dasch-HUND?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
DAX-und

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
also wouldn't it be cool to be killed by a weiner dog by it burrowing up through your anus and eating its way out through your neck? i think that would be very cool

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord

Mozi posted:

also wouldn't it be cool to be killed by a weiner dog by it burrowing up through your anus and eating its way out through your neck? i think that would be very cool

I think it’d be cool too. Not for me. But for you. I intend to be a brain in a jar and will never die.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
natural selection in action

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Mooey Cow posted:

Wienerdogs murdered me.

an accurate pic of roughhouse play with a ferret imo

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

The real question:

is it a dock-sund or a dasch-HUND?
The reporter and the euthanasia lady both think it is a Dash Hound, which I am afraid to Goog as I am 100% positive I will be depressed to learn this is the standard way Americans say it somehow

Edit: Look I get it, my speech therapist mother was and is a pedant, but I cannot live in this Dash Hound Reesee-Cup world

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty5sEGtClLE

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Vato posted:

those don't look like wiener dogs at all! very misleading thread title OP...

YerAuraBoresMeAlice
Dec 26, 2005

Nick Lowe "Marie Provost"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G_-Gxl1iSL4

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Dr. Quarex posted:

The reporter and the euthanasia lady both think it is a Dash Hound, which I am afraid to Goog as I am 100% positive I will be depressed to learn this is the standard way Americans say it somehow

Edit: Look I get it, my speech therapist mother was and is a pedant, but I cannot live in this Dash Hound Reesee-Cup world

I think it's one of those things where someone at some point made up a more elegant/foreign sounding pronunciation and other people ran with it thinking it's the more correct way to say it, like with cache and forte (yes, forte is supposed to be pronounced as "fort", sorry if I just blew your mind)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Not sure what's worse, murdered by wiener dogs or wienered by murder dogs.

• Locked thread