Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Colonel Diyoza owns a lot. Those sonic mining tools / weapons also own a lot :hellyeah:

The part where Octavia corrects Bellamy's survivor count and she just gives this cheerful, "Copy that," is great. Love the character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rocksicles posted:

Don't forgot Clarke and her Robin are the last nightbloods.

I'm going for this... end season with 300 going to Eligius 3 and becoming skycru 3.0. New canadian forest set, twin suns cgi... rinse repeat death toll.

Eligius 4! :eng101:

Yea I agree that 300 people are totally going into cryosleep for X years while the rest will stay on the ground.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

If you want more Diyoza she's great in Banshee. Probably one of the most brutal shows out there.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

With the "we honour death" stuff I was thinking "what happens when the one who commands death returns?" The inevitable conflict between Wanheda and Bludrainna is what I'm looking forward to more than anything. The seeds have already been sown with Clarke undermining Octavia by helping Abby and Kane.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Mu Zeta posted:

If you want more Diyoza she's great in Banshee. Probably one of the most brutal shows out there.

Banshee was amazing and every 100 fan should watch it

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I was hoping to see at least one more episode in the bunker before they get rescued, just to see what life was like.

I still think raven and Murphy acted really dumb though. I could see why raven would back out of killing everyone but it’s not like Murphy has ever cared. Sure 6 years could change a lot of things but they made it a point to show that he’s still an rear end in a top hat and an outcast. I’m more upset that they didn’t radio Bellamy to tell them they’re trying to hack in.

But anyway this is a really good show.

“She used to be something they call a navy seal” lol.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
And once again the last few survivors of humanity are killing each other in a bloody war for nothing more than misunderstandings and pure assholeness

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i really want octavia to either feed clarke her own face or step down gracefully once some sort of modus vivendi is reached with gagarinkru, but i've got a terrible feeling this ends with clarke or bellamy (or both) having to kill her

probably soon after octavia kills echo

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

zeal posted:

i really want octavia to either feed clarke her own face or step down gracefully once some sort of modus vivendi is reached with gagarinkru, but i've got a terrible feeling this ends with clarke or bellamy (or both) having to kill her

probably soon after octavia kills echo

I just need Monty to make it, he's the one they should be saving.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Elias_Maluco posted:

And once again the last few survivors of humanity are killing each other in a bloody war for nothing more than misunderstandings and pure assholeness

I suspect that the valley wouldn't be capable of supporting everyone anyway.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Yeah, but if the prison crew wants exclusivity on that valley, how is that supposed to work on the longrun? Diyoza as Eve to lots and lots of Adams?

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
diyoza's not the only woman in gagarinkru, at least one of the skinheads in the prisoner files Raven and Murphy paged through was female

their population's probably a lot more slanted gender-wise than wonkru though

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005

Elias_Maluco posted:

Seems to be pretty par for the course with humanity

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

that one guy posted:

Seems to be pretty par for the course with humanity

Cant argue with that

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Combat Pretzel posted:

Yeah, but if the prison crew wants exclusivity on that valley, how is that supposed to work on the longrun? Diyoza as Eve to lots and lots of Adams?
https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=130

I mean there are other women in the prison crew...

Loving this season thus far. Though FFS Raven and Murphy at least tell them they tried to hack in, what the gently caress

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah once the prisoners realize there's a lot of women in Wunkru things are gonna get messy.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Murphy and Raven not radioing Bellamy :wtc:

this season is moving poo poo along faaaaast though, I'm digging it so far

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
I was browsing youtube when I found this tribute to Octavia. Pretty well edited, nice tune and I love how her scream was edited in the chorus.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Johnny Truant posted:

Murphy and Raven not radioing Bellamy :wtc:

this season is moving poo poo along faaaaast though, I'm digging it so far

What happens when they radio Bellamy? It would be a bloodbath and Clarke along with everyone else would die.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Murphy should've suggested that Raven radio Clarke for tips on committing genocide when she was wavering on killing the prisoners.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Mu Zeta posted:

What happens when they radio Bellamy? It would be a bloodbath and Clarke along with everyone else would die.

Tell Bellamy you just killed 25 of their men, and every subsequent hacking attempt will compound? They still 100% have leverage if prisoncru really cares about their serial killer homies up there :shrug:

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
Raven going 'look at that scrub trying to gain control' and not considering it worth mentioning is pretty in character for her.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Raven being too cocky and getting tunnel vision is 100% in her character, yeah.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CeeJee posted:

Raven going 'look at that scrub trying to gain control' and not considering it worth mentioning is pretty in character for her.

But that wasn't how the scene played out at all. She told Murphy not to call down to Bellamy because she knew it would lead to the possibility that the she or Murphy would have to kill some prisoners.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

She just ain't got the genocide gene

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I'm genuinely surprised that Murphy didn't take matters into his own hands. Maybe he's changed more than I thought.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
it just occurred to me that even with the losses of the Dark Year (which I assume to be the first year after they exceeded the 5-year span the bunker was supposed to carry them through), Octavia's insistence that every component clan of Wonkru send 100 into the vault still saved roughly double the ~400 people Jaha was willing to save by sealing up Skaikru alone down there

Bloodreina saved more lives through the Final Conclave and the blood pit than Wanheda took at Mt. Weather

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Aww I loved the initial heartfelt moment that Bel and Octavia had upon being reunited, immediately followed by Bel's expression turning to confusion and disgust as he looks around the blood-drenched arena.

zeal posted:

Octavia's insistence that every component clan of Wonkru send 100 into the vault still saved roughly double the ~400 people Jaha was willing to save by sealing up Skaikru alone down there

That is very true.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
Holy crap, half the writing team just left, what's going on?!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Source?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Also, why are they all being so eerily polite about this.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, seconding this. All I can find is people tweeting about it.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

What's this about fist fights?! Oh boy, the rumors!

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
Excuse lack of source earlier, however here it is (apologies in advance for dumblr) :http://the100-news.tumblr.com/post/174117312453

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Why do all those tweets say “first day”? Are they old?

e: I suppose they mean first day of filming, not first day of airing.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Boris Galerkin posted:

Why do all those tweets say “first day”? Are they old?

e: I suppose they mean first day of filming, not first day of airing.

Writing for season 6, 5 is the current season.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
Could it be a contract thing? Maybe they weren’t banking on a 6th season.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

screech on the beach posted:

Could it be a contract thing? Maybe they weren't banking on a 6th season.

That seems more likely considering that there doesn't appear to be the usual sort of bad blood or backbiting in the tweets you'd expect from people suddenly getting the floor dropped from under them.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

You're not going to burn bridges over Twitter, if you want to keep getting employed. That said, if there's lots of writers doing a friendly Farewell on the same day they're announcing the start of season 6 writing, it kinda sounds like a gently caress-you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Probably just the end of a three season contract.

• Locked thread