Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macnult

some guy taken in by a french steve buscemi lookin’ fellow once said that people must imagine sisyphus happy. sisyphus is a guy that gets to roll a giant boulder up a hill for eternity. there isn’t any mysticism as to how he’s able to roll it forever - when the boulder reaches the top of the hill it rolls back down to the bottom. sisyphus then gets to walk after it in order to push it back up again. he’s really happy in this moment, or so you should imagine. that’s nice and all but if you really wanna kick things into gear then one must imagine sisyphus cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult

*thud*
the boulder has rolled to the bottom again. sisyphus flicks open his switchblade comb while reaching for his sunglasses

Macnult

sisyphus ollies over the boulder on flatland

Macnult

[halfway up the hill]
sisyphus: pshh, this is the easy part

Matoi Ryuko

I imagine he is a great whistler and doesn't let things get to him. Big boulder? BIG DEAL!

Macnult

sisyphus juggles the boulder up the hill, using his feet like a futbol player

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
sisyphus playing battletoads

Matoi Ryuko

Sisiphys eternally delivering pizzas to your house at the top of the hill.

cda

by Hand Knit

Matoi Ryuko posted:

this is a terrible idea, you would nevetr get the pizzas

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Macnult

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Macnult

sisyphus does a gainer backflip onto the boulder and starts running backwards

Matoi Ryuko

Sisyphus rolling a keg of beer up to the frat house and everyone is super psyched

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Sisyphus (whistling to himself): Ok, this time I'll do it hopping on my right foot, then the NEXT time I'll hop on my LEFT foot, and after THAT I'll see if I can do it backwards

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Manifisto

sisyphus talking with people about how his job is "playing with balls" and every time he says it he very faintly emphasizes "balls" and it's very clear that he gets a little charge out of having a profession about which he can make this double entendre

Scaly Haylie

sisyphus keeps getting his souls back but he'll never beat that boss

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Sisyphus could be seen rolling the boulder up the hill over and over again and suddenly begins giggling. The giggling gets louder and louder, until the loud guffaws and belly laughs impede his ability to move the boulder. Exhausted, he falls to the ground- his back against the very boulder he was fated to roll up the hill, for all eternity. Seemingly to no one, he finally says

"At least I wasn't born a dung beetle!"

the labor continued.

Farecoal

There he go
Sisyphus realizes how loving swole he is after an eternity of rolling the boulder and then he picks it up and chucks it far far away. he is free

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Farecoal posted:

Sisyphus realizes how loving swole he is after an eternity of rolling the boulder and then he picks it up and chucks it far far away. he is free

Nice Guy Patron
Sisyphus spins a basketball on his finger for eternity.
The basketball is earth.

Macnult

Lizard Wizard posted:

sisyphus keeps getting his souls back but he'll never beat that boss

wearing a lampshade

Sysiphus - "Enh. Its a living."

Manifisto

albany academy posted:

Sysiphus - "Enh. Its a living."

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Sisyphus: *picks boulder up and throws it across the horizon* gently caress

Twenty Four

Sisyphus rolling the boulder up the hill with one throw, hitting a set of bowling pins, and getting a strike almost every time, setting the pins, and doing it again.

Every once in a while he gets a spare just to keep it interesting.

Macnult

Twenty Four posted:

Sisyphus rolling the boulder up the hill with one throw, hitting a set of bowling pins, and getting a strike almost every time, setting the pins, and doing it again.

Every once in a while he gets a spare just to keep it interesting.

Sham bam bamina!

ƨtupid cat

Macnult posted:

there isn't any mysticism as to how he's able to roll it forever - when the boulder reaches the top of the hill it rolls back down to the bottom.
no his punishment is that he'll be free if he makes it to the top but the boulder always slips away right before he can reach it. you dumb idiot. you baby moron buttmunch.

Sham bam bamina!

ƨtupid cat
a cool thing for sisyphus to do would be to gently caress a hot harpy or fury sometime instead of rolling the stupid drat rock

kalel

It's Sisyphus but instead of rolling a rock up a hill, he has to beat the elite four. in real life, with real Pokemon Zeus willed into existence.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Sisyphus in a bulldozer: This is easy! *thumbs up*

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Sisyphus trying to keep up with reading all his bookmarked threads.

google THIS

Sisyphus hunched over, rolling a fingerboard up and down the hill forever, making whooshing noises with his mouth whenever he does a sick jump.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

google THIS posted:

Sisyphus hunched over, rolling a fingerboard up and down the hill forever, making whooshing noises with his mouth whenever he does a sick jump.

kalel

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Sisyphus trying to keep up with reading all his bookmarked threads.

extremely :relatable:

Applewhite

by vyelkin
Sisyphus is a chrome mannequin pushing a gold sphere up a green wireframe hill. The camera zooms around him, observing his passage from every angle. Just as he's about to get to the top, the boulder morphs into a sexy woman made of gold and they melt into each other and flow back down the hill.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
Sisyphus chasing a hart through a medieval forest always a few steps behind.

google THIS

Tantalus: (punching his time card) So, how's the old grind, Sissy? Going to get that big rock all the way to the top today?

Sisyphus: (chewing while also punching his time card) Same ol' same ol'. Mmm, these grapes are good, you should try one.

Tantalus: rear end in a top hat.

Disembodied voice: Mmm, these grapes are good, you should try one.

Tantalus: gently caress off, Echo.

Macnult

google THIS posted:

Tantalus: (punching his time card) So, how's the old grind, Sissy? Going to get that big rock all the way to the top today?

Sisyphus: (chewing while also punching his time card) Same ol' same ol'. Mmm, these grapes are good, you should try one.

lol

Papa Was A Video Toaster

google THIS posted:

:five:

mags

I am a congenital optimist.

google THIS posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

google THIS posted:

• Locked thread