Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Best part of Halo was when it turned out that thousands of years ago, Humans were space-faring native americans with feathered head dresses and war paint and interstellar battle ships

Everything after 343i got their mitts on the franchise is basically fan fiction imho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Orv posted:

I would assume they'd use the first big expansion to actually do something with the spooky space triangles and introduce a new enemy faction, but at this point the common sense thing seems unlikely.

I would be EXTREMELY surprised if Destiny 3 even added another faction, let alone any D2 expansions

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

There's no way to get a better deal on the expansions than Humble's 10%, is there?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ItBreathes posted:

There's no way to get a better deal on the expansions than Humble's 10%, is there?

If you absolutely cannot avoid playing them? Probably.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

ItBreathes posted:

I would just get Warmind. You start getting blues that are more powerful than your old raid drops immediately, and the three levels to reach the recommended for Mars go by in a flash doing public events on Nessus or wherever.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Actually go to Green Man Gaming and see if their 22% off coupon works for it.

That’s probably your best deal.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

doctor 7 posted:

Everything after 343i got their mitts on the franchise is basically fan fiction imho

It's not like bungie's much better

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Warmind's missions are so non-existent I'm amazed that people compare it positively to Osiris, the one that had actual characters and a story and cool poo poo.

Though this cockroach helmet is pretty nice I guess.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

kater posted:

Warmind's missions are so non-existent I'm amazed that people compare it positively to Osiris, the one that had actual characters and a story and cool poo poo.

The brevity of the campaign is a Good thing for me, personally.

I'd change my mind if there were a way to skip repeating it a 2nd and 3rd time, though.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

DrNutt posted:

The spooky triangle ships are probably going to turn out to be different colored vex.

I hope they look like space elves with long heads and arms, and that they present themselves has "protectors of the garden", then declare this area of the universe is the garden, and sentient life is forbidden in this area,

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

kater posted:

I mean, most people play the game for what comes after the missions.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Any clans got room? I’m an oce player but that’s not really important, I just want to do the raids/strikes with folk.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

kater posted:

Let's assume that I'm not at all interested in the campaign & I'd just be buying it for the exotics, raid lair, and not getting locked out of the occasional weekly. And higher numbers, I guess.

I may have just talked myself out of it.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

kater posted:

The missions are actually fun though

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
It's an... extremely efficient expansion. Every square inch of the campaign is re-used as the public patrol zone, Lost Sectors, and Strikes

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

ItBreathes posted:

I may have just talked myself out of it.

hang on to that feeling. don't let it go.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Best part of Halo was when it turned out that thousands of years ago, Humans were space-faring native americans with feathered head dresses and war paint and interstellar battle ships

Wtf I love Halo now!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's an... extremely efficient expansion. Every square inch of the campaign is re-used as the public patrol zone, Lost Sectors, and Strikes

Lackluster story, bland weapon designs, reused assets all over, I guess they'll be announcing a selloff to some russian or korean charnel house next?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The big mystery is what the hell Bungie DOES all day, if Vicarious Visions made this expansion in its entirety.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The big mystery is what the hell Bungie DOES all day, if Vicarious Visions made this expansion in its entirety.

they presumably spend a substantial amount of time erasing their storyboards

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Preparing for the September release of Destiny 2!

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Warmind exotics are p good tbh

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Eej posted:

Warmind exotics are p good tbh

The huckleberry is an absolutely delightful weapon

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The phrasing is vague (shocker!!!) on the Polaris Lance but uh... does it trigger Triple Tap on every single headshot?!

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The phrasing is vague (shocker!!!) on the Polaris Lance but uh... does it trigger Triple Tap on every single headshot?!

no one has it yet, so, wait a couple weeks

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Legs Benedict posted:

no one has it yet, so, wait a couple weeks

I know, I just wonder what people's guess is.

"Precision hits return ammo to the mag. Landing 4 precision hits loads a delayed Solar explosive round for your next shot."

Compared with Triple Tap

"Rapidly landing precision hits will return 1 round to the magazine from reserves."

Indefinite headshots is probably OP. I'd guess every 2 shots triggers it.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Infinite ammo from headshots isn't new, though. No Time to Explain had it and was plenty balanced

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

kater posted:

Osiris had a tiny zone and you barely met Osiris and his ghost was a comic relief character. The Colony was nice, I guess.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Sagira is basically Karen so I guess that makes Osiris Plankton

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Craptacular! posted:

Osiris had a tiny zone and you barely met Osiris and his ghost was a comic relief character. The Colony was nice, I guess.

*Osiris walks out of the infinite forest*
We have so much to talk about Ikora!
*Osiris walks back into the infinite forest*

I'm having way more fun with Warmind than I did with CoO. Mercury was a joke of a zone. The infinite forest could have been a great randomized dungeon thing but turned out to just be a tedious poo poo show. All the terraformed Mercury bits in the IF were great but again entirely underused. The whole expansion was just completely half-baked.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

comatose posted:

I'm a big fan of how they made Osiris an incompetent, bald old fart with a cum catcher and turned Brother Vance into a fanboy with as many testes as he has eyes, to illustrate how retarded it was for anyone to care about Osiris, from characters in the game world to lore nerds to Trials dweebs.

Makes the expansion worthwhile to me.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Even if the Infinite Forest had been a great randomized dungeon generator, what would have been the incentive to do it?

Prophecy Weapons could've been better used there rather than just being purchased with GreeblyDoops from running all the old content.

cvnvcnv posted:

I'm a big fan of how they made Osiris an incompetent, bald old fart with a cum catcher and turned Brother Vance into a fanboy with as many testes as he has eyes, to illustrate how retarded it was for anyone to care about Osiris, from characters in the game world to lore nerds to Trials dweebs.

Makes the expansion worthwhile to me.

lol at everything here. Awesome post. They really did poo poo HARD on Vance, ah ha ha ha

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

comatose posted:

I'm having way more fun with Warmind than I did with CoO. Mercury was a joke of a zone. The infinite forest could have been a great randomized dungeon thing but turned out to just be a tedious poo poo show. All the terraformed Mercury bits in the IF were great but again entirely underused. The whole expansion was just completely half-baked.

ikora: "guardian, we need to find some way of reaching osiris"

also ikora, later: "well, guess i can open the door myself"

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Milky Moor posted:

also ikora, later: "well, guess i can open the door myself"

This specific exchange is amazing. It's seriously like

"The Vex have locked the door and it's crazy and new, and it will seriously take fuckin' forever to learn how to crack this rune.

... Is what a IDIOT would say! Ikora Floating Door Unlock Technique-no-Jitsu~~"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

imagine my goddamn surprise at seeing CODBLOPS4 in the blizzard launcher

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Maybe Bungie should jump on the battle royale bandwagon too.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

FAUXTON posted:

imagine my goddamn surprise at seeing CODBLOPS4 in the blizzard launcher

Well it beats giving Valve a cut, and thanks to OW and Hearthstone it feels like the kind of people who have steam (basically all PC game consumers) also have the blizz app installed too.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Xarbala posted:

Well it beats giving Valve a cut, and thanks to OW and Hearthstone it feels like the kind of people who have steam (basically all PC game consumers) also have the blizz app installed too.

Yeah, considering it's an Activision game it would make sense.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

comatose posted:

Maybe Bungie should jump on the battle royale bandwagon too.

Killing other players drops all their super energy and heavy ammo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

BrightWing posted:

Killing other players drops all their super energy and heavy ammo.

it should do this anyway

• Locked thread