Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Infinitum posted:

If RAGE 2 has an RPG system under all that mayhem it could be pretty cool.

Like if you said to me that it had Fallout/Skyrim style questing and New Vegas style dialogue on top of the Doom/Borderlands gameplay?
That could be a game that is a lot of fun.

it will probaly have light one like the far cry type games. the gameplay looks awsome. i liked mad max game a bunch and blowing that out to ludicrious proportions makes it even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I expect Rage 2 will have really fun driving and an insane grind if Mad Max is any indication.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mad Max, the movie series, works because it plays the insanity completely straight.

Rage 2 looks like it might lean too hard into the wacky lets-go-memeing side of things and the announce trailer doesn't fill me with confidence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7eXH25_KC0

Hopefully they'll have a nice long gameplay demo during E3, but I feel it's gonna be an uphill battle to convince people that this isn't just Borderlands-but-less-colourful

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Didn't really seem memey too me but it was trying so hard to be whacky and crazy. It looked bad but in a interesting way. The in game looks gorgeous and fun though.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Rage 2 looks like whatever, people tend to be hypercritical over trailers when most of the time they're not even developed by the same people who actually make the game.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I just want something with the fast paced balls to the wall combat of Doom. It appears this game may scratch that itch.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
Blops 4 in like 5 min

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Bloooops

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Is it call of duty

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

lets hang out posted:

Is it call of duty

So far it's the callest of duties.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

lets hang out posted:

Is it call of duty

Alternative comedy answer

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

exquisite tea posted:

Rage 2 looks like whatever, people tend to be hypercritical over trailers when most of the time they're not even developed by the same people who actually make the game.

Wait really? I wonder if movie trailers are in the same situation since the majority follow some weird formulaic editing pattern

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
For some reason I'm watching this at work, on and off, with no sound and wtf is going on? They're gladiators one moment, next their on the titanic, is COD zombies all about time travel or something?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Taintrunner posted:

Oh good Trevor can show off the Battlefield version of No Russian where you massacre striking miners

Nice

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Mordja posted:

For some reason I'm watching this at work, on and off, with no sound and wtf is going on? They're gladiators one moment, next their on the titanic, is COD zombies all about time travel or something?

Zombie mode had a storyline this whole time, it turns out, and it's balls-to-the-wall crazy.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Treyarch always makes good CODs, I loved Blops 3, and everything I've seen/read suggests they're making a bigger, better Blops 3 here so gently caress yeah let's do this.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
the rage 2 teaser was really bad but if driving around cars with guns on them is well designed then rage 2 will be a fun game

also the only battle royale game we need is a sci fi one on a space station and all the straight pubg/fortnite clones should gently caress off because thats boring

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Doorknob Slobber posted:

the rage 2 teaser was really bad but if driving around cars with guns on them is well designed then rage 2 will be a fun game

also the only battle royale game we need is a sci fi one on a space station and all the straight pubg/fortnite clones should gently caress off because thats boring

What if it has edgy 90s "This ain't for noobs" style and uses low gravity pads, I know a developer who could probably pull that off

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Just as a reminder, Blops 4 has no SP campaign and is Battle.net exclusive

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Quest For Glory II posted:

Is it still full priced at $60?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Oh wait sorry Blops 4 doesn't have the cool wall running or thrust pack because they're still on the boots on the ground meme, thanks for nothing Treyarch

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

BexGu posted:

I don't even need to watch any of the materials related to the game to know the answer to that one.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

BexGu posted:

You know it

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Quest For Glory II posted:

better reminder: do not buy any call of duty game for PC, ever, for any reason

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013
I'm going to poo poo on BLOPS 4 and be annoyed there's no campaign but I'll end up getting it because I'm a fraud who's bad at decisions. 100% chance I buy it on DAY 1 because of the hype and gladiator zombies looks cool. I'll play it for a week or two before abandoning the game completely for Battlefield V while trying to convince myself I got $60 worth of entertainment from it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

man Titanfall 2 really is an anomaly. Perfect campaign, great multiplayer, fantastic progression system, everything free except cosmetics, multiple modes. Sucks that it got curbstomped the way it did

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

The worst part about PC cods is that they remain full price forever.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

DLC Inc posted:

man Titanfall 2 really is an anomaly. Perfect campaign, great multiplayer, fantastic progression system, everything free except cosmetics, multiple modes. Sucks that it got curbstomped the way it did

It's a masterpiece.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
It really is.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Sony is going to devote 20 minutes to Days Gone and the entire expo building is going to shrug

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Psychedelicatessen posted:

Sony is going to devote 20 minutes to Days Gone and the entire expo building is going to shrug

zombies are so loving tired now i dont get days gone at loving all

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Sony's said the only first party stuff they're showing is Death Stranding, TLoU 2, Spider-Man, and Ghost of Tsushima so you'll have to settle for that ridiculous amount of coverage Days Gone got on Game Informer this month and have only 1 zombie game at E3.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Anything that's getting news in the weeks before e3 isn't going to be at the conferences, guaranteed

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i may have posted this already but i hope that nina struthers is at the devolver digital presentation again this year

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013
I think the issue with Days Gone is that it feels like it was announced forever ago and it still might not be out by the time E3 2019 rolls around. It's been 2 years of hype for a game in a genre that's been showing some fatigue for awhile now. 2-3 years of the same clips and screenshots is gonna cause alot of people to go ugh enough of this loving zombie game.

It's an issue for alot of games at E3. I'm tired of Death Stranding already. The games are announced way too far out. Say what you want about Bethesda but to go from Fallout 4 announcement to conference at E3 to release within a 7-8 month period was perfect. I'm ok with announcements for games a year to 18 months out but there should never be anything like that Shenmue 3 disaster where people sat through some bullshit for a Kickstarter announcement and a few years later that game isn't even close to coming out.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Every time someone mentions that game I just hear this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M51rijkxa_4

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

AutomaticPrince posted:

I think the issue with Days Gone is that it feels like it was announced forever ago and it still might not be out by the time E3 2019 rolls around. It's been 2 years of hype for a game in a genre that's been showing some fatigue for awhile now. 2-3 years of the same clips and screenshots is gonna cause alot of people to go ugh enough of this loving zombie game.

It's an issue for alot of games at E3. I'm tired of Death Stranding already. The games are announced way too far out. Say what you want about Bethesda but to go from Fallout 4 announcement to conference at E3 to release within a 7-8 month period was perfect. I'm ok with announcements for games a year to 18 months out but there should never be anything like that Shenmue 3 disaster where people sat through some bullshit for a Kickstarter announcement and a few years later that game isn't even close to coming out.

i dont think there was ever any hype for days gone, maybe if they'd teased it ten years ago

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

"Freakers"

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

At this point can you really call any kind of delay to Shenmue 3 a setback when fans have been waiting 18 years for a conclusion to that story?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

AutomaticPrince posted:

Sony Bend is a smaller studio, that's just how it is.

• Locked thread