Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Daaaaaaaamn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
It's no surprise that her obnoxiousness carries over outside of the show.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I wonder if she is salty from how she leaves the show. On the one hand, it has to be exhausting to always be "on", and everyone deserves a bad day.

On the other hand, you're a goddamn professional and there are plenty of celebs that actually are decent to their fans on a daily basis.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
That's not a great look. She didn't threaten to bomb the whole convention i guess?

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

jit bull transpile posted:

That's not a great look. She didn't threaten to bomb the whole convention i guess?

Or make up a story about her Uber driver dying. So yeah, I guess she's doing ok :)

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

lmfao Robbie Turner and her continuous weird lies are comedy gold

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

esperterra posted:

lmfao Robbie Turner and her continuous weird lies are comedy gold

Oh man, were there others besides the fake Uber crash? :allears:

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

True. But that's such a low bar.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

its very funny that the winner of the drag con panel challenge in this season is getting torched online for being a nightmare at drag con

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

preview for next episode is up!

http://www.vh1.com/video-clips/m02o0v/rupauls-drag-race-first-look-breastworld

monet: "evil triumphs?"
asia: "that's an I"
aquaria: "i can't see poo poo."

the vixen's final words are very funny. and aquaria's not wrong about herself - her confidence is rattling the other queens, but that's the benefit of youth. asia's banging on about sportsmanlike conduct, but i don't think aquaria's deliberately tearing down other queens. we're only seeing an edited 90m a week, but based on that, the drama from the others seems a little groundless.

broad city guest judges! they had two good seasons i guess. i like it when there's like, 'pair judges' too. but this is wildly overshadowed with a weird holy gently caress moment - STEPHEN COLBERT dropping a video message. that's a great guest cameo, on the alex trebek level.

asia and ru have a really really good onscreen chemistry. whenever they're together the show is just loving fun. they make one another better! i want a show where they just do mini challenges and talk poo poo for a whole thirty minutes every week.

RuPaul's Drag Race: I'm the martyr to Breastworld.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Aquaria not getting the Michigan J. Frog joke is hilarious. Just how loving confused she looks.

That's a LOT of boys.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

As someone who will have his parents staying with me starting Thursday night, I will be very happy to watch that mini-challenge again (and again and again) when they go to sleep.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

alf_pogs posted:

the vixen's final words are very funny. and aquaria's not wrong about herself - her confidence is rattling the other queens, but that's the benefit of youth. asia's banging on about sportsmanlike conduct, but i don't think aquaria's deliberately tearing down other queens. we're only seeing an edited 90m a week, but based on that, the drama from the others seems a little groundless.

Valentina was portrayed as this friendly saint throughout the whole season right up until the Ru-Union so maybe there’s more to it that we just haven’t seen yet?

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

This video of Monet performing "Strange Fruit" is really intense and uncomfortable and great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrZPJ9gO5o0

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

spite house posted:

This video of Monet performing "Strange Fruit" is really intense and uncomfortable and great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrZPJ9gO5o0

gently caress she's got some great pipes

I hope she gets to sing more this season

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

With her appearance in Hurricane Bianca 2 and her interview on Katya's podcast, I've been meaning to add this to the collection of "Mrs. Kasha Davis is awesome" gifs:

It joins such wonderful moments as

and

(ms. fame's face kills me each time)

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 02:48 on May 17, 2018

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
https://www.thepinkverandah.com/shade/young-gay-man-realises-his-personality-is-just-a-large-repertoire-of-drag-race-catch-phrases

Apparently there's a gay Onion.

Lord Hamsterbottom
Apr 7, 2007
Your sympathy is as useless as the berries in Super Mario World. By which I mean, only good for yoshis.

For real though that is the least flattering underwear ever

Weed Wolf
Jul 30, 2004

caligulamprey posted:

Miz Cracker's Youtube clips have edits after every single line, sometimes in the middle of lines. I'm pretty sure that's not an editing style, that's her hiding the fact that she can't deliver strong material that stretches past a sentence.

im catching her hosting a viewing tonight so we'll see if she can actually think on her feet

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Oooh, that's a trip report I'm looking forward to. Have fun!

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
This underwear is really unflattering. It makes all these guys look like they have tiny asses, even when it's clear that they're quite thick.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

wow, that writing didn't get a single chuckle from me

at least Asia's execution was good

e: I loved how Kameron stayed in character in the lipsync

e2: I do not feel that was deserved

Stroop There It Is fucked around with this message at 02:31 on May 18, 2018

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

Are Abby and Ilana purposely wearing bad makeup?

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

I don't know what the judges were saying about Asia, I got the look instantly and honestly thought it was the best of all the runways. I want Asia to win, now that Monique is gone.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Do neither of these queens know the words? Never have I seen two queens spend so much time with their backs facing the judges.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I’m so mad.

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

I love Cracker but she should've been lip syncing instead of Kameron. Her runway was amazing.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

zelah posted:

I’m so mad.

the evil was almost defeated

we were so close

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Raere posted:

I love Cracker but she should've been lip syncing instead of Kameron. Her runway was amazing.

No way, Cracker's runway was also good but her performance was miles ahead of Kameron's.

The double shantay is dumb, Eureka spent so much time sliding their taint all over the back of the stage while facing away from the judges, come on now.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I have no problem with the outcome.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Actually, I watched it again (this time on a TV instead of a laptop screen) and I will eat my words and say the double shantay was deserved, I take it back. I thought I saw more turning around / hiding face than I actually did.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

It wasn't the most absolute mindblowing lipsync ever, but both queens were so clearly giving it absolutely everything they had and so clearly wanted to stay so badly that I can't possibly be bad about the double shantay. :shrug:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Raere posted:

Are Abby and Ilana purposely wearing bad makeup?

Their makeup isn't bad, it's extremely stylized. You may have noticed they have pretty developed individual anesthetics. It's a big part of what they sell as performers. Ilana was also wearing a bra under a jacket.

They're awesome and if you want to criticize them you have to fight me with punchy fists.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
So my only thing is with these double stays happening more, don't they know ahead of time how many episodes they have for the season? So you could, in theory, look at the length of the schedule and the queen count and know from the beginning a double chantay was coming in a season. I think they both earned the right to stay but it doesn't feel like a surprise when it happens.

Also I'm with Stroop, that was the least funny sketch I've seen lately (and I watch snl still) and it had nothing to do with any of the queens performances.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Nihonniboku posted:

This underwear is really unflattering. It makes all these guys look like they have tiny asses, even when it's clear that they're quite thick.

Some of them even looked like weird diaper butts.

The canonical underwear for making your man butt look good are thongs. Or those undies Leto and Fernando wear in Sense8.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
Really wanted Eureka going home tonight, but thought Miz Cracker should have been lip syncing.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
It's funny that Eureka couldn't deliver comedy when she didn't get to fall back on fat jokes.

I wish Monet would have won (just because I really want her to get a win!!!) but Asia nailed it all around and I'm so pleased for her. Her runway was so good on every level. I've been rooting for Asia top 3 since episode two, I hope she loving wins.

That was a loving great lipsync. Double shantay was definitely deserved, they both SOLD it. I also misread the thread before watching the end of the episode and thought it was a double sashay :v: I was watching the whole thing like 'I can't believe they'd send them both home what the gently caress'.

Oh yes and I agree that skit was loving dire. I wish they'd move past referencing old bits from past seasons but I guess they'll NEVER loving DIE

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

So my only thing is with these double stays happening more, don't they know ahead of time how many episodes they have for the season? So you could, in theory, look at the length of the schedule and the queen count and know from the beginning a double chantay was coming in a season. I think they both earned the right to stay but it doesn't feel like a surprise when it happens.

Reddit does this with frightening accuracy and has already started mapping out AS4 and S11 contestants

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

#5 got a Hank Hill butt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

It’s like the guys were all wearing thin lil’ jockstraps

• Locked thread