Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I thought his name was Petpanomrung or this another murder-thai?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

MrBling posted:

I thought his name was Petpanomrung or this another murder-thai?

same guy, the rightful glory champion

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Triticum Guzzler posted:

same guy, the rightful glory champion

He is a very cool guy. I remember being impressed by his debut in Glory.

Tongchai seems to have gone downhill from his initial showing in Glory on the other hand.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Petchpanomrung just completely kicked the poo poo out of Abdellah Ezbiri inside 2 rounds. Ezbiri beat Noiri just 6 months ago, he's a super solid fighter.

https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/995392186320637953

drat that reminded me of a Remy Bojansky ko of some poor rear end in a top hat back in the day.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Marching Powder posted:

drat that reminded me of a Remy Bojansky ko of some poor rear end in a top hat back in the day.

everybody remembers the ko and nobody remembers that it was vernon white lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

everybody remembers the ko and nobody remembers that it was vernon white lol

lol

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
videos from Kunlun should be dripping out today, pretty solid 61.5kg tournament (not sure if it's one night or not, I don't think it is) and a Kyshenko fight

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
yo since this thread is about 5 years old and the kickboxing landscape is again a very different beast i thought it might be time for a new thread, so i'm going to slowly write one up and include as many promotions and how to watch them as possible. does anybody have any recommendations for streaming muay thai promotions or anything else you think people should watch?

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
I think Badr Hari needs to be explained although maybe not as much as he used to be because he seems to have lost prominence which is a good thing because gently caress Badr Hari

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Petchpanomrung just completely kicked the poo poo out of Abdellah Ezbiri inside 2 rounds. Ezbiri beat Noiri just 6 months ago, he's a super solid fighter.

https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/995392186320637953

like a steel girder to the jawline.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Kickboxing owns and I've been introducing as many of my combat sports fans as I can to the wonders of Takeru.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Banner of Kunlun Fight's twitter account is now Artur Horseman vs handsome Nick Diaz
https://twitter.com/kunlun_fight

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

love these translations

https://twitter.com/kunlun_fight/status/996222546042241024

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i don't know what is sicker, that multiple ko or the blurb describing it

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I didn't realise because I just watched the Jiangsu TV stream, but Kunlun do iPPV for $5.99 now

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
checking out random fights from the latest Krush card that got uploaded to the K-1 youtube channel, fairly sick ending to a Japanese heavyweight fight

https://i.imgur.com/dJ0AfCk.mp4

Kana's fight went to an extra round decision so it seems they're finding competitive girl fights. Fumiya, who was just a few months ago in a disgusting, gruelling brawl that you should watch if you haven't already is in the following pretty good fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpiuC9Mp0Fs

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Kana's fight went to an extra round decision so it seems they're finding competitive girl fights. Fumiya, who was just a few months ago in a disgusting, gruelling brawl that you should watch

I remember this fight, absolutely amazing.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

I really enjoyed this one as well. The smaller hot pants dude didn't even seem like he was in the nasty tanned fella's weight class so I was hoping he would pull off a win, especially when he was fouled twice.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Finally watched Gerges / Hari and it sucked but I got a good angle on Gerges' tattoo of his own face

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

vainman posted:

Finally watched Gerges / Hari and it sucked but I got a good angle on Gerges' tattoo of his own face

For the design, did he just cover himself in ink and slam himself facedown into a blank posterboard?

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Should I look forward to anything on the GLORY card for the Birmingham show next weekend?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_in_Glory#Glory_54:_Birmingham

I'm only really familiar with Verhoeven (boring) and somewhat familiar with the two Grigorians from previous shows.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Nabiyev is really good and all of the Sugden boys are lots of fun

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Glory 54 official prelims just went live on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j0a9bP2Ozo

main superfight card starts at 2pm est, main card at 3:30, is this card worth sticking around for live? I'm just getting back into kickboxing so I have no idea who most of the fighters are

proof of concept fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jun 2, 2018

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
the card:

GLORY 54 - Birmingham
Heavyweight Headline Bout: Rico Verhoeven vs. Mladen Brestovac
Welterweight Title Co-Headline Bout: Harut Grigorian vs. Alim Nabiyev
Featherweight Bout: Bailey Sugden vs. Aleksei Ulianov
Featherweight Bout: Adrian Maxim vs. Chenglong Zhang

GLORY 54 - SuperFight Series
Light Heavyweight Headline Bout: Danyo Ilunga vs. Fraser Weightman
Lightweight Co-Headline Bout: Christian Baya vs. Josh Jauncey
Welterweight Bout: Richard Abraham vs. Adam Hadfield
Lightweight Bout: Marat Grigorian vs. Liu Xu
Lightweight Bout: Elvis Gashi vs. William Goldie-Galloway
Welterweight Tournament Semifinal Bout 2: Mark Timms vs. Dawid Blaszke
Welterweight Tournament Semifinal Bout 1: Jamie Bates vs. Tommie King

prelims
Welterweight Bout: Kevin Ward vs. Wilker Barros
55kg Catchweight Bout: Christi Brereton vs. Nicola Kaye
Lightweight Bout: Vinny Church vs. Ben Woolliss

unaired fights:
68kg Catchweight Bout: Brad Stanton vs. Joe Himsworth - UNAIRED
Lightweight Bout: Dean Pattinson vs. Ciaran Smith - UNAIRED

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xScRTUv4r8c
Jack slack tweeted this and it's pretty fuckign good

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
it's pretty cool that tenshin is fighting these frankenstein monster thais non stop. that guy's chin was really ridiculous.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Foul Fowl posted:

it's pretty cool that tenshin is fighting these frankenstein monster thais non stop. that guy's chin was really ridiculous.

One thing I've noticed about thai boxers is they dont get knocked out so much as they decide to stop fighting and lay down. Would not be surprised if Tenshin has to heal a hand break after trying to dent that stone.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I know this thread is going to be dead from now on but this was cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ylWvwDNsPA

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

willie_dee posted:

I know this thread is going to be dead from now on but this was cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ylWvwDNsPA

Did something happen to Dunc?

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

CommonShore posted:

Did something happen to Dunc?

No idea

willie_dee fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Jul 3, 2018

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

f

Marching Powder fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jul 4, 2018

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
willie with the classic vague insider info.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
Nm

willie_dee fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Jul 3, 2018

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

good ol willie

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
We'll as long as he isn't dead, more power to him for logging off. I guess we'll just have to try to post more

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Willie being silenced by the dutch kickboxing Illuminati

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I should of never caused trouble in Amsterdam.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
whats good and cool in kickboxing and muay thai at the moment, anything in particular I should check out from Glory or just all of it? where's the good places to see muay thai stuff?

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Lion Fight is on flograppling but that poo poo is subscription only as far as I can tell. Every now and again fightpass has muay thai events too but I'm not part of the internet kickboxing illuminati so I don't know where all the free stuff is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

EthanSteele posted:

whats good and cool in kickboxing and muay thai at the moment, anything in particular I should check out from Glory or just all of it? where's the good places to see muay thai stuff?

yeah sorry dude the one guy who knew how / where / when to watch poo poo doesnt' post any more so now this thread is just full of people who genuinely like kickboxing but cannot even begin to tell you how to follow it because they themselves have no idea.