Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Brawnfire posted:

Barry's constant cheerful exclamation about his health and home life are hilarious.

Although that redhead bully whose name I can't recall is fast becoming my favorite. "I'm an animal! A broken, filthy animal!!!"

I'd rather do another one of my uncle's secret basement movies!

...but I got too old. :smith:

Also "she tastes like a ballgag!" is a pretty solid line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also he enjoys playing Risk with Snot.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Brawnfire posted:

Barry's constant cheerful exclamation about his health and home life are hilarious.

Although that redhead bully whose name I can't recall is fast becoming my favorite. "I'm an animal! A broken, filthy animal!!!"

Barry's great. I've gotten a good number of laughs and some funny looks by asking "why does this taste like a ball gag"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, everytime Barry says something horrible so casually is hilarious.

Capn Beeb posted:

I'd rather do another one of my uncle's secret basement movies!

...but I got too old. :smith:

This one is by far my favorite.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Which episodes do you avoid watching again if they come up?

For me I think it's the Thanksgiving one with Stan's half brother, I just remember it being particularly awful. Plus the requisite American Fung.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Bad blood was great, what the gently caress. American fung was god awful.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Party Plane Jones posted:

For me I think it's the Thanksgiving one with Stan's half brother, I just remember it being particularly awful. Plus the requisite American Fung.
I think the thanksgiving episode with francine's parents is the one i remember people not liking.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Party Plane Jones posted:

That one slays me for the evil laugh turning into a hey heya chant.

And the house being a pumphouse for the fountains.

And a whole day of running away not being enough to get off his land.

Yeah no that was a good episode.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I literally just skip Season 1 and then power through, even the weak episodes almost always have a good gag every couple minutes

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I think I only watch from after the Saudi Arabia two parter. Looking through Wikipedia's list of episodes for ones I don't like, there's a few that I don't think I've ever seen going by their descriptions. "When a Stan Loves a Woman" doesn't sound familiar to me at all.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

My Morning Straightjacket and American Fung are the worst ones I can think of.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
AD works like Buffy for me. Not every episode may be good, but every episode has a couple of fantastic moments in it.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Brawnfire posted:

That one slays me for the evil laugh turning into a hey heya chant.

And the house being a pumphouse for the fountains.

And a whole day of running away not being enough to get off his land.

Yeah no that was a good episode.

And Roger's wolf.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

The_Doctor posted:

AD works like Buffy for me. Not every episode may be good, but every episode has a couple of fantastic moments in it.

Yeah, I don't particularly like 'My Morning Straightjacket' but Stan's "Spider goes buuuurp!" always gets a chuckle out of me.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

bull3964 posted:

Yeah, I don't particularly like 'My Morning Straightjacket' but Stan's "Spider goes buuuurp!" always gets a chuckle out of me.

I love Francine’s bit getting past the security guards.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I normally skip the Stan Goes to Prison episode, it has its moments but it’s sandwiched with a bunch of other “Stan experiences a thing, becomes obsessed with it.” Episodes and its on the weaker side of the scale.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I binge watch the entirety of American Dad on Hulu all the time and I particularly dislike the episode where Jeff is in outer space, The Majestic? Just boring overall to me.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Eddain posted:

I binge watch the entirety of American Dad on Hulu all the time and I particularly dislike the episode where Jeff is in outer space, The Majestic? Just boring overall to me.

Woah, that's a classic

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

In the episode where they were talking about Sprint or whoever's coverage (I think the conspiracy episode) I think they actually left the coverage dead zone in that west virginia quiet place or whatever it's called. It's an odd attention to detail.

Someone would have to screenshot it.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Milo and POTUS posted:

In the episode where they were talking about Sprint or whoever's coverage (I think the conspiracy episode) I think they actually left the coverage dead zone in that west virginia quiet place or whatever it's called. It's an odd attention to detail.

Someone would have to screenshot it.

You mean this?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Mister Kingdom posted:

You mean this?

Nah, in another part of paranoid frandroid. Roger's bragging about the coverage because he allowed corporate sponsorship in the paranoid convention and at one point he's pointing out the one place Francine could be. I think they actually looked the actual place up. It's also in Maryland and Virginia too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_National_Radio_Quiet_Zone

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Milo and POTUS posted:

Nah, in another part of paranoid frandroid. Roger's bragging about the coverage because he allowed corporate sponsorship in the paranoid convention and at one point he's pointing out the one place Francine could be. I think they actually looked the actual place up. It's also in Maryland and Virginia too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_National_Radio_Quiet_Zone

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
There is like 5 or 6 episodes I skip when they come up, but the only 2 I remember right now are the Native American Thanksgiving with Stan's brother, and the one where Stan wants to be a best man Luis' wedding.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

You almost died, bro! Alone, bro!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Some bad opinions on bad episodes bro.

I actually encourage it because I'm looking over the episodes and trying to think about which ones I hate and there are... insanely few? Fung seems to be the major go to. And some of the early ones people don't care for. I'm going to give it a once over later today.

There will be bad blood has an awesome title and is solid though and I swear to god....

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
American Fung is great in my opinion, and not even close to how bad My morning jacket is.

Stan forgets his anniversary so he gets Francine committed and ends up getting lobotomies with a power drill. It touches on how they try to write in a new main character for a show and have them solve the an easy problem. I kinda like the live action part because Fung kinda comes off as he could make the show work butttt he just sells the show for a profit to some guy who changes everything.

I also like the talent show at the hospital.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Morning Jacket is up there in the avoid box, as is pretty much any Reginald heavy episode.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
After season 10 I stopped watching this show for 2 years, kept meaning to come back to it and finally did this weekend and it just makes me laugh and laugh. How is this show still so funny after so long?

I remember I just used to let it run on Netflix in the background, the humor in the show just keeps working on me. Not sure what my favorite bit in season 11 is yet but I'm partial to the Roger persona whose twin brother isn't Roger but their mother is also Roger, and the CIA's plan to get Stan into the baseball stadium.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Capn Beeb posted:

Morning Jacket is up there in the avoid box, as is pretty much any Reginald heavy episode.

But Reginald used to be nothing now he's a koala and he's cute as a button!

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

dovetaile posted:

But Reginald used to be nothing now he's a koala and he's cute as a button!
Reginald's theme song is still the best thing associated with the character, but what's really underrated was that whole subplot leading up to it, with Klaus and the concert tickets.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Capn Beeb posted:

The Reginald episodes are fine if you fast forward through all the Reginald parts, Cops and Rogers is especially hilarious.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, having Haley date Regonald was one of the few missteps the show has made.

And I always get a kick out of the end of American Fung
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlsO6r0sfr8

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Man, I don’t get the Reginald hate at all, I think he’s a fun character.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, he's fine. Outside of the first season which is kinda fun in the same way season 2 of the simpsons is, I can honestly say there's less than a hand's worth of skipable episodes. And even then, they're usually alright.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The_Doctor posted:

Because the whole "Hayley and Reginald date" subplot is very poorly written and irritating and it turned people off the character. Like, the scenes he's in where he's NOT dating Hayley are great (Him on his boat, him fighting Bollock in a field), but people mostly associate him with one very unfunny subplot that lasted way longer than it should have and drags down every episode it's featured in.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Him telling Bullock "You and me are going to fight in field." is priceless

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Him calling his mother was almost as good.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

This show being pointlessly ultra violent is still hilarious to me. I lost it when Stan carelessly just slashes a toucan in half.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

An menagerie of suicidal animals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
I liked the first season. They definitely relied too much on being "political" over funny, but I think it's pretty solid if you can distinguish it from the subsequent seasons.