Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Zigmidge posted:

I don't care about the fluff, if you don't live in new York city your hometown sucks for video games on foot.

The Seattle core ( ie Queen Anne, Downtown, Belltown, International, Capital Hill, Ballard/Fremont/UDistrict ) is smaller then Manhattan. It's only larger if you include Industrial/Georgetown/West Seattle/Magnolia.

Seattle is extremely walkable, to the point it's actually kinda too small for a video game setting I'd almost argue. Like it's a bunch of wide open spaces leading to the water, and then easy walking. It'd take me 45 minutes tops walking from Upper Queen Anne all the way down to the Stadium in International and I'm a super slow walker. If you were actually attempting to walk it quickly you could probably do that in 30ish.

Rookersh fucked around with this message at 18:18 on May 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

NYC is way bigger that what we saw in the game and I would be more than cool with NYC again

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
ubi's earning report implies that Division 2 will be out by March 31,2019. I think we all figured that but it's nice to have semi-official confirmation.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Rookersh posted:

or LA I imagine.

I keep seeing this come up and nobody has ever had a compelling reason to set anything in Literally The City of Sprawl, CA. How are you going to make walking - your only means of transport in the Div - not awful in an enormous city of nothing but roads?

i mean other people have brought LA up and also completely failed to justify it so I don't intend to call you out specifically, just the idea of LA as a setting. that i'm calling out.

Roman posted:

NYC is way bigger that what we saw in the game and I would be more than cool with NYC again

there's this, too. manhattan itself is significantly larger than what you get in the game and there are many other boroughs. They could make it work if they wanted. New city, expanded NYC, plenty of choices that fit the gameplay and setting. The WSP teaser suggests they could go international in a heartbeat if they wanted to.

On the other hand, Massive has set a game in Seattle / greater WA and OR area before, World in Conflict's main line of story took place there. It'd be kind of neat if they did it again.

Psion fucked around with this message at 20:03 on May 17, 2018

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Psion posted:

How are you going to make walking - your only means of transport in the Div
Maybe not?

Pretty drastic change but anything is possible in a new game

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Rookersh posted:

The Seattle core ( ie Queen Anne, Downtown, Belltown, International, Capital Hill, Ballard/Fremont/UDistrict ) is smaller then Manhattan. It's only larger if you include Industrial/Georgetown/West Seattle/Magnolia.

Seattle is extremely walkable, to the point it's actually kinda too small for a video game setting I'd almost argue. Like it's a bunch of wide open spaces leading to the water, and then easy walking. It'd take me 45 minutes tops walking from Upper Queen Anne all the way down to the Stadium in International and I'm a super slow walker. If you were actually attempting to walk it quickly you could probably do that in 30ish.

Doesn't Seattle have a pretty big underground as well?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Division 2: Brexit Day

Gameplay area:City of London and surrounding quarters
Story: Virus distributed via Blue Passports

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Capn Beeb posted:

Doesn't Seattle have a pretty big underground as well?

Yeah they basically lifted their entire city up one story like a loving anime

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

FAUXTON posted:

Yeah they basically lifted their entire city up one story like a loving anime

I like to read about stuff like this, is there a good source? Like we have only one underground line in my city (Seville, Spain) because everything underground here is either from roman empire or muslim so avoiding that is insanely hard.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Guillermus posted:

I like to read about stuff like this, is there a good source? Like we have only one underground line in my city (Seville, Spain) because everything underground here is either from roman empire or muslim so avoiding that is insanely hard.

Start here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Underground

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Sweet thanks!

In more The Division related stuff: I finally got my reclaimer set fully optimized, now I don't know if I should stick to 2x heal speed/2x range mods or go full speed or range.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Guillermus posted:

Sweet thanks!

In more The Division related stuff: I finally got my reclaimer set fully optimized, now I don't know if I should stick to 2x heal speed/2x range mods or go full speed or range.

I’m assuming you mean Classified? You already get one hell of a boost in healing speed from the 6 piece so I’d probably go with range.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Kibayasu posted:

I’m assuming you mean Classified? You already get one hell of a boost in healing speed from the 6 piece so I’d probably go with range.

Yeah, full 6p set 291GS. The few mods I use to have 4k stamina so I run 3/4/9k. I'm going with huge box range then. Having 20% heal speed is cool too on certain maps.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Onslaught already extended because they found problems with the Commendations

quote:

We have discovered progress tracking issues with the Onslaught commendations listed below. We are currently working on a fix that is to be deployed early next week, requiring a scheduled maintenance and server downtime.

It's a Gas
Bloody Hell
Too Hot To Handle
Clips Of Fire
Torture In The Chamber
Full House (Reward: Oni Mask)

Due to these issues and the scheduled server downtime, Onslaught will be extended by three days.
Global Event: Onslaught will now run from Monday, May 21st until Thursday, May 31st.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

There's now a referral program where you can get free new emotes (Secret Handshake and Slap Fight) and premium credits for getting people to play the trial or buy the game. PC only right now.

https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com/game/en-gb/friend-referral/

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Guillermus posted:

Yeah, full 6p set 291GS. The few mods I use to have 4k stamina so I run 3/4/9k. I'm going with huge box range then. Having 20% heal speed is cool too on certain maps.

It's pretty much always better to go with the range. Because of the way that the math works, the 20% additional healing speed from mods ends up being closer to 10% in actual use. Marcostyle did a video on it back in January, and there's a thread here: https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/7r1dfj/reclaimer_range_mods_vs_heal_speed/

I played reclaimer almost exclusively, and I generally found that the improved range from mods was more noticeable than the healing speed. It makes the box so much more versatile.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Ghostpilot posted:

It's pretty much always better to go with the range. Because of the way that the math works, the 20% additional healing speed from mods ends up being closer to 10% in actual use. Marcostyle did a video on it back in January, and there's a thread here: https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/7r1dfj/reclaimer_range_mods_vs_heal_speed/

I played reclaimer almost exclusively, and I generally found that the improved range from mods was more noticeable than the healing speed. It makes the box so much more versatile.

If you're a Tunnel Snake you definitely go with increased range so your group can unload shock ammo with impunity.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
So the new GE starts in 15 mins. Dang this is a public holiday and I had so many plans...

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
We are off to a great start, 5 delta errors in 20 minutes while trying to sort my stash out. Looks like I'll come back tomorrow.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I just got a beefy system upgrade and got to wondering: Are there working mods for Division to make it look more like it was "supposed" to from the old E3 trailers? Ubisoft did the same thing with Watch_Dogs and Siege where they looked fantastic in trailers but had underwhelming lighting on release, and both of those eventually had user-mods to make them look a ton better.

edit: Like, does this work or are there others I should check out?

Pierson fucked around with this message at 11:02 on May 21, 2018

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

They restarted the servers a half hour ago so if you were getting errors try it again.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
What a silly global event. You either do ridiculous damage or no damage. At least named enemies seem to not have a weakness

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I haven't noticed doing any more or less damage :shrug:

what's the display for weakness anyway, I keep expecting icons near the enemy but I'm not getting them. Is it my ammo indicator flashing red saying 'try again'?

i'm saying this because I got both the ember mask (5 kills in a row to vulnerable type) and the hard way (15 kills against resistant) in one run of Russian Consulate and I still don't really know what I'm doing

so uh, I guess at least it's no big deal to use the wrong type?

e: okay I just did a second mission and icons showing weakness type are showing up now. And my damage is low on resistant vs high on weak types. What the heck, game?

Psion fucked around with this message at 16:52 on May 21, 2018

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Jusupov posted:

What a silly global event. You either do ridiculous damage or no damage. At least named enemies seem to not have a weakness

Just want to check - Are you playing the same game? Because owning npc bitches in this game with overpowered damage is the tits.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Rick_Hunter posted:

Just want to check - Are you playing the same game? Because owning npc bitches in this game with overpowered damage is the tits.

I killed a full health shield guy in challenging consulate with full party in under a second when it wandered in my line of sight using house with my d3 build. Or on the other end of the spectrum it does 7000 damage per shot

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
Each NPC will have the gas/bleed/fire icon next to them. That is the ammo they are vulnerable to. If you have the same ammo loaded, the icon will be brightly colored. If not, it will be dim. Shoot the brightly colored guys.

Resistant damage is about 10% of normal damage. And I'm not sure, but I THINK killing a resistant NPC's skill proxy will count towards the "kill 15 resistant guys" commendation. I was half into Russian Consulate and it said I had 7 kills. Killing turrets and boxes was the only explanation for that.

HiriseSoftware fucked around with this message at 18:59 on May 21, 2018

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

HiriseSoftware posted:

Each NPC will have the gas/bleed/fire icon next to them. That is the ammo they are vulnerable to. If you have the same ammo loaded, the icon will be brightly colored. If not, it will be dim. Shoot the brightly colored guys.

Yeah, resistant damage is about 10% of normal damage.

And with vulnerable I'm doing 760k per bullet with my house

edit: 1.1M with house

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 18:59 on May 21, 2018

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
Ok there's definitely a bug because I'm on Savage Onslaught and I'm not getting the icons, and I got the The Hard Way commendation pretty quickly, like Psion experienced.

Edit: Every NPC was vulnerable to fire damage. I couldn't get anybody bleeding or gassed.

HiriseSoftware fucked around with this message at 19:53 on May 21, 2018

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Yeah it's very odd. Bleed isn't counting at all under any circumstance, but I'm getting gas and fire procs to count for those commendations...sometimes. I'm not sure why.

i see why they extended the GE before even launching it. I thought that was an odd move, but now I see it was really the least they could do.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Tomorrow's maintenance removes Stolen Signal as a requirement for the Smiler mask (the "Never Enough" Commendation).

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:

Roman posted:

Tomorrow's maintenance removes Stolen Signal as a requirement for the Smiler mask (the "Never Enough" Commendation).

Even so, if you're never had the chance to complete Stolen Signal before because you don't like dealing with random groups, the current Global Event really is the chance to do it. I'm just glad there aren't any "don't die" or "don't use skills" commendations.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

HiriseSoftware posted:

Even so, if you're never had the chance to complete Stolen Signal before because you don't like dealing with random groups, the current Global Event really is the chance to do it. I'm just glad there aren't any "don't die" or "don't use skills" commendations.

Is that because the modifier makes it mind-numbingly easy or because actual competent people are running it now?

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Hakarne posted:

Is that because the modifier makes it mind-numbingly easy or because actual competent people are running it now?

Both, and also because the grind for classified sets is relatively tiny now.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Hakarne posted:

The former. You're looking at a 5-10x damage increase when you use an enemy's weakness so add clearing becomes a non-issue as long as you're running with a group that's competent enough to not face tank something off element.

This also makes it a good GE to try and get the flawless Stolen Signal commendation.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
I haven’t played since the original release, but combat feels a lot harder than I remember. Even random street encounters are a hassle, and I’m stuck in the DZ with a bag full of loot because solo-extracting is impossible.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Roman posted:

Why did they do this?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Jose Oquendo posted:

Why did they do this?

It's a dlc incursion

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Jusupov posted:

It's a dlc incursion

So is Dragon's Nest and that's on 2 GE's commendation lists.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Rick_Hunter posted:

So is Dragon's Nest and that's on 2 GE's commendation lists.

In previous ones apparently if you didn't have the DLC you got the commendation when you completed the others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Rick_Hunter posted:

The former. You're looking at a 5-10x damage increase when you use an enemy's weakness so add clearing becomes a non-issue as long as you're running with a group that's competent enough to not face tank something off element.

This also makes it a good GE to try and get the flawless Stolen Signal commendation.
I tried it and even with the GE modifiers it was still extremely bad and a reminder raids in ARPGs are the fuckin' devil (hi Warframe, hi Marvel heroes).