Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

PMush Perfect posted:

RF is Fascist, KB is Hitler. This was early on, so one of them picked the other, the unspoken plan being to give them both town cred, with RF taking the fall later to "confirm" KB as town, and get them an easy win once Other Fascist and dumb luck all work to get us into the Hitler Zone. But this backfired when they pulled 3 Fascist cards, and were forced to pass one.

Well. Nothing in this makes sense. So I assume you are doing the thing again where you are mixing people up or something. RF was never my chancellor. TMM was my chancellor. I investigated RF and found he was a fascist.

Of course, AA didn't even notice that this didn't make sense, because why would he?

In other news, Deadpool 2 was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I might have! I am not good at remembering things that happened more than six hours ago.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

King Burgundy posted:

Well. Nothing in this makes sense. So I assume you are doing the thing again where you are mixing people up or something. RF was never my chancellor. TMM was my chancellor. I investigated RF and found he was a fascist.

Of course, AA didn't even notice that this didn't make sense, because why would he?

In other news, Deadpool 2 was good.

Why did I need to notice Pmush made an error? My casing does not at all rely on pmush theories?

I'm confused here also nice snipe where I'm not even attached.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Like you say you aren't condescending, but you keep opening your mouth and vitriol is what spews forth.

I never said you made rf your chancellor.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
A gentle nudge: This season is looking to get fairly close to the deadline, so for the first time this game, anti-lurker rules may become relevant (which you guys may have entirely forgotten existed because they didn't matter). Current threshold is 5 posts, and DB, CP, RF are the ones who haven't reached it yet.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
when is the deadline in EST? noon tomorrow? or is it today? why am i so bad at time zones?

Dancer
May 23, 2011
It's about exactly 24 hours from now.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
If it helps: I always set the nomination/executive power deadline 72/48 hours from when the day starts, rounded to the nearest full hour. So if you're bad with time-zones, you can just check that time-stamp. And voting is 24 hours from when the nomination is made.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
So what do you think kumba? Nom Tmm?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Dick Bastardly posted:

So what do you think kumba? Nom Tmm?

I think that's a good pick at this point.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Why did I need to notice Pmush made an error? My casing does not at all rely on pmush theories?

I'm confused here also nice snipe where I'm not even attached.

You responded to her post, didn't you? To me that indicates you read it and accepted it as fine OR more likely decided you liked the pot stirring enough to let it go even though you knew it was not accurate.

Like you say you aren't condescending, but you keep opening your mouth and vitriol is what spews forth.

I never said you made rf your chancellor.

It is possible to point out people doing fishy things without it automatically being vitriol. Perhaps you should stop reading that into my posts. :) By responding to Pmush's post and not countering the flaws in it, you indicated to me that you agreed with it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Still fine with TMM.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

King Burgundy posted:

You responded to her post, didn't you? To me that indicates you read it and accepted it as fine OR more likely decided you liked the pot stirring enough to let it go even though you knew it was not accurate.

It is possible to point out people doing fishy things without it automatically being vitriol. Perhaps you should stop reading that into my posts. :) By responding to Pmush's post and not countering the flaws in it, you indicated to me that you agreed with it.

This is a fair point, perhaps I'm reading too much.

However, my theories are standalone.

For the sake of clarity.:
A. You are a fascist, and have faked/wasted an investigation on RF to prevent him from entering government later.

B. You are Hitler, made a strong play with the investigation. Hitler benefits from an early investigation. They can either block libs or identify and clear fascists with impunity, due to the likelihood of another investigation being spent to clear.

C. You are lib, Pig is Hitler. RF is also a fascist. Pig investigates you clearing you, and has already blocked me. An attrition type play given that RF, would have already been identified.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
yeah let's do it to it

##nominate TMM

##vote yes

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote Yes

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Just for the record, I do consider C somewhat of a possibilty and I don't think it was something I had thought of in my other post since my only consideration was CPig as a regular fascist.

But if that's the case then why get into a conflict with you? If Cpig is Hitler then he would pass you the 1L1F like he claimed order he'd just pass 2F and say the deck screwed him. Getting into a conflict with you just makes it harder for him to get back into government.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

TMMadman posted:

Just for the record, I do consider C somewhat of a possibilty and I don't think it was something I had thought of in my other post since my only consideration was CPig as a regular fascist.

But if that's the case then why get into a conflict with you? If Cpig is Hitler then he would pass you the 1L1F like he claimed order he'd just pass 2F and say the deck screwed him. Getting into a conflict with you just makes it harder for him to get back into government.

To block me from government.

He probably drew 3 fascist policies, and could kill 2 birds with one stone. Obfuscate thread and block a lib while still pushing his agenda.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

He probably drew 3 fascist policies, and could kill 2 birds with one stone. Obfuscate thread and block a lib while still pushing his agenda.

Although if this is the case, it could also mean that he probably isn't hitler, and is just a fascist who believes Hitler can come into power soon.

Either situation is not good.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

This is a fair point, perhaps I'm reading too much.

However, my theories are standalone.

For the sake of clarity.:
A. You are a fascist, and have faked/wasted an investigation on RF to prevent him from entering government later.

B. You are Hitler, made a strong play with the investigation. Hitler benefits from an early investigation. They can either block libs or identify and clear fascists with impunity, due to the likelihood of another investigation being spent to clear.

C. You are lib, Pig is Hitler. RF is also a fascist. Pig investigates you clearing you, and has already blocked me. An attrition type play given that RF, would have already been identified.

But which one do you currently believe? Take a stand.

FWIW, I still think the logic supporting any of these is super thin. Like, I can't imagine people playing like that. Maybe it is a failure of my imagination, but it just doesn't make sense. For example, why would Pig, as Hitler, force conflict with you, thus blocking himself from government? I can sort of see C, if it was just a regular fascist, but even that seems like not the best strat a fascist pig could have played.

What makes much more sense to me, is you are a fascist who wanted to color the next investigation so that we'd have a harder time trusting it, so you passed a fascist policy, advancing your win con in several different ways.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

But blocking you also blocks him and that's the problem. While I do think clearing conflicted people after the Hitler zone is a good idea, I am much more willing to trust KB right now and would probably rather not have CPig as Chancellor without him going through another Presidency even though I think he is more likely to be the liberal right now.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also

##vote Yes

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Well, it's unfortunate because my views haven't changed so there isn't much to talk about. We just sort of keep talking about the same thing in circles.

but ##vote yes

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

King Burgundy posted:

But which one do you currently believe? Take a stand.

FWIW, I still think the logic supporting any of these is super thin. Like, I can't imagine people playing like that. Maybe it is a failure of my imagination, but it just doesn't make sense. For example, why would Pig, as Hitler, force conflict with you, thus blocking himself from government? I can sort of see C, if it was just a regular fascist, but even that seems like not the best strat a fascist pig could have played.

What makes much more sense to me, is you are a fascist who wanted to color the next investigation so that we'd have a harder time trusting it, so you passed a fascist policy, advancing your win con in several different ways.

Then the logical conclusion is, if Pig is not Hitler and I am not lying, is that Hitler is likely someone who will soon come into power, because I'm not lying.

The stance I take is my original, D. You are Hitler and made a grandstanding play, you block RF with the investigation and pig passes another fascist policy furthering your agenda lying on me.

You wouldn't need to know which one of us was being truthful to continue having things go in your favor

This isn't some strech of imagination, pig lied so some of this playing out exactly as I say it is whether you specifically believe it or not.

Pig is likely not hitler, but is definitely a fascist who did what he needed to do to get Hitler in power.

Kb Is first choice, but it could be any non blocked player coming up or up for nomination.

This isn't a coloring. I'm not suggesting a course of action, but a strong possibility.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Then the logical conclusion is, if Pig is not Hitler and I am not lying, is that Hitler is likely someone who will soon come into power, because I'm not lying.

The stance I take is my original, D. You are Hitler and made a grandstanding play, you block RF with the investigation and pig passes another fascist policy furthering your agenda lying on me.

You wouldn't need to know which one of us was being truthful to continue having things go in your favor

This isn't some strech of imagination, pig lied so some of this playing out exactly as I say it is whether you specifically believe it or not.

Pig is likely not hitler, but is definitely a fascist who did what he needed to do to get Hitler in power.

Kb Is first choice, but it could be any non blocked player coming up or up for nomination.

This isn't a coloring. I'm not suggesting a course of action, but a strong possibility.

Heh, ok.

##vote yes

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
great rebuttal

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

There is nothing new to rebut. When you floated that theory earlier I've already said how much sense it doesn't make.

Byers had a slightly more convincing version of that take that I could at least buy as something someone would do in this game ever? But it seems like a really really bad strategy to me. If I was hitler and investigated a fascist, I would say they were liberal. This keeps me from being locked out of government. Also, then they would know that I know, and the fascists would know I needed help avoiding a follow up investigation. It would have been very easy to push the investigation off me as a target or to make sure the next investigator was a fascist, depending on how people were lined up.

If I was hitler and investigated a liberal, I would ALSO say they were liberal. This buys me massive cred and doesn't lock me out of government.

Your strategy makes no sense to me, especially that early.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

King Burgundy posted:

There is nothing new to rebut. When you floated that theory earlier I've already said how much sense it doesn't make.

Byers had a slightly more convincing version of that take that I could at least buy as something someone would do in this game ever? But it seems like a really really bad strategy to me. If I was hitler and investigated a fascist, I would say they were liberal. This keeps me from being locked out of government. Also, then they would know that I know, and the fascists would know I needed help avoiding a follow up investigation. It would have been very easy to push the investigation off me as a target or to make sure the next investigator was a fascist, depending on how people were lined up.

If I was hitler and investigated a liberal, I would ALSO say they were liberal. This buys me massive cred and doesn't lock me out of government.

Your strategy makes no sense to me, especially that early.

The thread opinion changes. It's already changing on you and pig. You act as if it's immutable. Too rigid.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

The thread opinion changes. It's already changing on you and pig. You act as if it's immutable. Too rigid.

Maybe? I can't imagine ever relying on that as a strategy though. That seems more like a hope and pray because I hosed up kind of thing in a flipless game like this.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

The thread opinion changes. It's already changing on you and pig.

I'm sorry are we reading the same thread?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

I'm sorry are we reading the same thread?

Wrt chancellor nomination.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
wait, we're supposed to be reading the thread???

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

kumba posted:

wait, we're supposed to be reading the thread???

You joke, but this is a pivotal moment in the game.

It could very well be nearing it's end.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sorry. It's kind of hard to be motivated to post when everyone thinks I'm a fascist so they don't listen to a word I say. I've been trying to chime in when necessary but screaming into the void isn't really doing it for me

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
##vote No

I don't trust TMM and I don't want him as Chancellor.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I will admit to being less engaged earlier on for my own reasons, and even expressing some polarizing views in thread that got proved wrong, but reason with me...

Would that behavior be more indicative of lib or fascist play?

Only when pig passed me 2 fascist policies and lied about it did I have something to work with.

A point with which to begin my investigation.

Which is why my views have changed.
Up until that point I was blind guessing, but now I know at least one player is actively LYING.

That implicates KB, and the result of this is I believe is one of the following scenarios:

A. KB is liberal. Pig is fascist. RF is fascist, because a lib KB would have no reason to lie.
B. KB is fascist. RF is liberal. Pig is fascist.
C. KB is Hitler, and Pig knows this and is fascist. RF is liberal.
D. Pig is Hitler, and KB knows this and is fascist. RF is liberal.
E. Pig is Hitler. KB is liberal. RF is fascist.
F. KB is fascist or Hitler. RF is also fascist. Pig is fascist.

The bolded I believe to be most likely

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Hmmm pmush is prob fascist

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

A. KB is liberal. AA is fascist. RF is fascist, because a lib KB would have no reason to lie.

ftfy

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Back at work, but quickly regarding PMush.

She said I was mostly useless town but didn't weigh in on pig and we are pretty much directly opposed.

Pig mush and RF for fascists if KB truly is lib.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
But I think it's pig kb mush and tmm for hitler??

##vote NO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Interesting that you think that now, after earlier voting Yes.

• Locked thread