Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Terry Funk has stated that he now considers every match he's in his retirement match but then some other money mark comes up and offers him a couple grand to wrestle and he's got to have ANOTHER retirement match.

Terry Funk Rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
August 31st is the 35th anniversary of Terry Funk's first retirement match.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

every year the segment of beyond the mat that milks terry funk's retirement for drama gets funnier and funnier

terry funk managed to work the guys that killed kayfabe

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Funk will let a man wrestle with his dead corpse for a half hour before he calls it quits.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

exploded mummy posted:

Funk will let a man wrestle with his dead corpse for a half hour before he calls it quits.

Funny you should say that ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWI57cXfVTk

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Oh Jonathan Frankes...you shouldn' t have to be hosting that stuff..

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/ChairshotGreg/status/997258091124019200?s=19

Just imagining this guy running around his office with photos of Bryan and Reigns demanding his coworkers tell him who they'd pay to see is a great mental image

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
non-wrestling fans wouldn't pay to see either bc wrestling is an embarrassment

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Finally all those people who argue that Roman doesn't have the look have been silenced.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao there is zero chance he actually did that

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Endorph posted:

every year the segment of beyond the mat that milks terry funk's retirement for drama gets funnier and funnier

I will always cherish trampoline dumbbell guy

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Eddie Edwards didn't respond to my DM's so he deserves to shoot eat a bat to the face.

https://twitter.com/OvEandSamiGirl1/status/997530389253156864?s=19

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I will always cherish trampoline dumbbell guy

Dennis Stamp owns

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

flashy_mcflash posted:

Eddie Edwards didn't respond to my DM's so he deserves to shoot eat a bat to the face.

https://twitter.com/OvEandSamiGirl1/status/997530389253156864?s=19

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

unlike pro wrestlers, that tweeter has learned how to delete the tweet

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
https://twitter.com/ChairshotGreg/status/997202862680625152

I don't know who this guy is but he's mentally ill

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

He just wants to be e-famous

https://twitter.com/ChairshotGreg/status/997526447521607680

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Does that guy have any knowledge of, for example, Tanahashi or any of the other New Japan Handsome Boys? I think his thesis may fall apart if he becomes aware of wrestlers that are both handsome and well liked by male fans.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Takuan posted:

Does that guy have any knowledge

no

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I thought he was making an infinity War joke but I guess not.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I, too, wish I was as tough and manly as the guy who whines about losing and narcs on his part-time co-workers

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Greg was somewhat of a thing as a podcaster 5 years ago.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Takuan posted:

Does that guy have any knowledge of, for example, Tanahashi or any of the other New Japan Handsome Boys? I think his thesis may fall apart if he becomes aware of wrestlers that are both handsome and well liked by male fans.

He's really obsessed with dividing wrestlers into two categories of men/women and boys/girls and says that people will only pay to see men and women.

Surprisingly, he's classed Kenny Omega as a "man" which is not what you'd expect from someone like that.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if people wont pay to see boys then explain the nature boy

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i like roman and i think the opinion of the wwe product as a whole would be much better if people just cheered him.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

lol at you whiners

This is a MAN. 100%. Look at this man! And you can never be this man. You know it, your girlfriend/wife/significant other knows it. And it bothers you so much that you hate him.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i like roman and i think the opinion of the wwe product as a whole would be much better if people just cheered him.

But imagine how loud the audience would pop if AJ Styles came out and beheaded him with a guillotine.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cavauro posted:

lol at you whiners

This is a MAN. 100%. Look at this man! And you can never be this man. You know it, your girlfriend/wife/significant other knows it. And it bothers you so much that you hate him.

You've got a nice beard, friend Cavauro :)

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

rovert posted:

Greg was somewhat of a thing as a podcaster 5 years ago.

I first heard who he was when he wrote an article on Dave Meltzer being an "irresponsible journalist" because he said FCW was probably ending.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Well I assume FCW prospers to this very day!?!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Invite him to the Monumental Podcast

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Endless Mike posted:

Invite him to the Monumental Podcast

:yeah: i would listen to that

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

It would just be a circlejerk of MRT and Greg talking about how great Roman is

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Endorph posted:

if people wont pay to see boys then explain the nature boy

This reminds me of one of the goofiest lines Austin ever had. It was during his "What?" period, and he was doing a segment with Ric Flair. He goes "Why do they call you the Nature Boy? Do you live in Nature? What? Do you like boys? What?"

The line where he asked if Flair liked boys got a pop, of course.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Greg did not like my series of tweets suggesting that he had cuckold fantasies about Roman Reigns.

And then a further series of tweets about how hot it'd be to have Roman Reigns be a bull after he responded to my previous tweets.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

St Evan Echoes posted:

It would just be a circlejerk of MRT and Greg talking about how great Roman is

Not seeing the problem

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
People are still going :qq: about the All In tickets

https://twitter.com/benmillerSB/status/998013666954899456
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/998014354493620224

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Why have people latched on to the scalped tickets specifically as if it's something that doesn't happen at every single show?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Not only that, but why the hell do they want this show to be either a failure or only successful with an asterisk? In theory they should want wrestling promotion on the whole to be as competitive as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

is that the same ben miller that was run off the f4w front page for being a huge dumbass or is there a second ben miller in dave's orbit