Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Rayman Legends has a good water world. Tropical Freeze not so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

Verisimilidude posted:

I wish I could get the Legend of Zelda: LTTP Randomizer on Switch.

i would pay the full 60 dollars for this

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

littleorv posted:

Rayman Legends has a good water world. Tropical Freeze not so much

That first water level floored me its so gorgeous. Rml is absolutely amazing they can combine water and stealth into the same level snd make it be awesome

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

That first water level floored me its so gorgeous. Rml is absolutely amazing they can combine water and stealth into the same level snd make it be awesome

If it weren't for those obnoxious as gently caress Murphy levels I would Rayman Legends to be a perfect game. It's free on PS+ right now so maybe I'll give it another shot without having to bother hooking up my WiiU. But also Hyrule Warriors today.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Folt The Bolt posted:

For the people getting HW DE, a list of HW DE Weapon Unlocks since people might want to know (you find the weapons in DE in pretty much the same maps that you find them in Legends):

Legend Mode: Rank 2 Hylian Sword (Link), Rank 2 Giant Blade (Impa), Rank 2 Goddess Harp (Sheik), Rank 2 Book of Sorcery (Lana), Rank 2 Rapier (Zelda), Rank 2 Crossbow (Linkle), Rank 2 Cutlass (Tetra), Rank 2 Sail (King Daphnes), Rank 1 Magic Rod (Link), Rank 1 Spear (Lana), Master Sword (Link)

Adventure Map: Rank 1 Gauntlets (Link), Rank 1 Great Fairy (Link), Rank 1 Epona (Link), Rank 1 Spinner (Link), Rank 1 Naginata (Impa), Rank 1 Summoning Gate (Lana), Rank 1 Baton (Zelda), Rank 1 Dominion Rod (Zelda), Rank 1 Trident (Ganondorf)

Great Sea Map: Rank 2 Magic Rod (Link), Rank 2 Gauntlets (Link), Rank 2 Great Fairy (Link), Rank 2 Epona (Link), Rank 2 Spinner (Link), Rank 2 Naginata (Impa), Rank 2 Spear (Lana), Rank 2 Summoning Gate (Lana), Rank 2 Baton (Zelda), Rank 2 Dominion Rod (Zelda), Rank 2 Great Sword (Ganondorf), Rank 2 Trident (Ganondorf), Rank 2 Hammer (Darunia), Rank 2 Zora Scale (Ruto), Rank 2 Shackle (Midna), Rank 2 Parasol (Agitha), Rank 2 Scimitar (Zant), Rank 2 Goddess Blade (Fi), Rank 2 Demon Blade (Ghirahim), Rank 2 Scepter (Cia), Rank 2 Dragon Spear (Volga), Rank 2 Ring (Wizzro), Rank 2 Mirror (Twili Midna), Rank 2 Mask (Young Link), Rank 2 Balloon (Tingle), Rank 2 Ocarina (Skull Kid), Rank 2 Light Sword (Toon Link)

Master Quest Map: Rank 3 Weapons belonging to all characters except Linkle's Boots, Toon Link's Sand Wand, and the Legends DLC Characters' weapons (AKA Medli, Marin, Toon Zelda, Ravio, and Yuga)

Twilight Map: Rank 4 Hylian Sword (Link), Rank 4 Magic Rod (Link), Rank 4 Gauntlets (Link), Rank 4 Spinner (Link), Rank 4 Giant Blade (Impa), Rank 4 Book of Sorcery (Lana), Rank 4 Spear (Lana), Rank 4 Rapier (Zelda), Rank 4 Great Sword (Ganondorf), Rank 4 Shackle (Midna), Rank 4 Parasol (Agitha), Rank 4 Scimitar (Zant), Rank 4 Balloon (Tingle), Rank 4 Crossbow (Linkle), Rank 4 Light Sword (Toon Link), Rank 4 Cutlass (Tetra), Rank 4 Sail (King Daphnes)

Termina Map: Rank 4 Great Fairy (Link), Rank 4 Epona (Link), Rank 4 Naginata (Impa), Rank 4 Goddess Harp (Sheik), Rank 4 Summoning Gate (Lana), Rank 4 Baton (Zelda), Rank 4 Dominion Rod (Zelda), Rank 4 Trident (Ganondorf), Rank 4 Hammer (Darunia), Rank 4 Zora Scale (Ruto), Rank 4 Goddess Blade (Fi), Rank 4 Demon Blade (Ghirahim), Rank 4 Scepter (Cia), Rank 4 Dragon Spear (Volga), Rank 4 Ring (Wizzro), Rank 4 Mirror (Twili Midna), Rank 4 Mask (Young Link), Rank 4 Ocarina (Skull Kid)

Master Wind Waker Map: Rank 2-4, 4+ Rito Harp (Medli)

Koholint Map: Rank 2-4, 4+ Bell (Marin), Rank 1-4, 4+ Boots (Linkle), Rank 4+ Gauntlets (Link), Rank 4+ Goddess Harp (Sheik), Rank 4+ Summoning Gate (Lana), Rank 4+ Hammer (Darunia), Rank 4+ Zora Scale (Ruto), Rank 4+ Shackle (Midna), Rank 4+ Parasol (Agitha), Rank 4+ Goddess Blade (Fi), Rank 4+ Mask (Young Link), Rank 4+ Ocarina (Skull Kid), Rank 4+ Cutlass (Tetra), Rank 4+ Sail (King Daphnes)

Grand Travels Map:Rank 2-4, 4+ Phantom Arms (Toon Zelda), Rank 1-4, 4+ Sand Wand (Toon Link), Rank 4+ Magic Rod (Link), Rank 4+ Naginata (Impa), Rank 4+ Spear (Lana), Rank 4+ Baton (Zelda), Rank 4+ Trident (Ganondorf), Rank 4+ Scimitar (Zant), Rank 4+ Demon Blade (Ghirahim), Rank 4+ Scepter (Cia), Rank 4+ Dragon Spear (Volga), Rank 4+ Ring (Wizzro), Rank 4+ Mirror (Twili Midna), Rank 4+ Balloon (Tingle)

Lorule Map: Rank 2-4, 4+ Rental Hammer (Ravio), Rank 2-4, 4+ Picture Frame (Yuga), Rank 4+ Hylian Sword (Link), Rank 4+ Great Fairy (Link), Rank 4+ Epona (Link), Rank 4+ Spinner (Link), Rank 4+ Giant Blade (Impa), Rank 4+ Book of Sorcery (Lana), Rank 4+ Rapier (Zelda), Rank 4+ Dominion Rod (Zelda), Rank 4+ Great Sword (Ganondorf), Rank 4+ Crossbow (Linkle), Rank 4+ Light Sword (Toon Link)

You'll note that the maps, especially the HW Legends DLC Maps, have a pattern to them in terms of what weapons you find where.

I'm really glad you don't need to go through the entire Legends mode to unlock these characters anymore

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
found a video from someone with what sounds like a similar issue re fan noise:

https://vimeo.com/266178302

this is the exact sound mine is making whenever a game is running.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Willo567 posted:

I'm really glad you don't need to go through the entire Legends mode to unlock these characters anymore

Yugo, Ravio, Marin and Toon Zelda are still stupid late since they're stuck on some of the harder Adventure maps.

Everything else has been smoothed out a lot though. Like you start with all the characters from original Hyrule Warriors unlocked so you can rock Gannondorf in Adventure mode right away.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Mister Facetious posted:

Any news on that rear end in a top hat goose game that showed up last year?
Still in the works, it was shown at GDC earlier this year. Not much actual news though, beyond "sometime in 2018".

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Zore posted:

Yugo, Ravio, Marin and Toon Zelda are still stupid late since they're stuck on some of the harder Adventure maps.

Everything else has been smoothed out a lot though. Like you start with all the characters from original Hyrule Warriors unlocked so you can rock Gannondorf in Adventure mode right away.

Marin is literally the first reward you get on the Koholint map, and Toon Zelda and Ravio are one space below the starting areas on the map

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Tropical Freeze's water levels are good because they use a different mechanic than most platform swimming levels. Especially the silhouette level which is gorgeous and has great music. Wtf.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Willo567 posted:

Marin is literally the first reward you get on the Koholint map, and Toon Zelda and Ravio are one space below the starting areas on the map

Yeah but the base difficulties of those maps is pretty high. You're going to have completed a significant chunk of the earlier maps just to get the levels and weapons you need to get there.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Tender Bender posted:

Tropical Freeze's water levels are good because they use a different mechanic than most platform swimming levels. Especially the silhouette level which is gorgeous and has great music. Wtf.

Yup and I like how they control. I like that they added swimming for TF. Returns is a good game but it really felt like something was missing not having water levels.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
So uh... if I'm gonna be an idiot and buy Hyrule Warriors for the third time, I need some advice.

I think my biggest obstacle to truly enjoying the game was that it always constantly felt like I was losing. Fort is falling, captain is dying, a strong foe appears, another fort needs your help, the enemy is attacking our main base, just a constant stream of poo poo going south everywhere on the map at once. Where do you even start, what do you do? :( I just felt like whenever I did something good like taking a fort, another fort had already fallen or something even worse was happening in the meantime. I would help one character and then another would be in trouble on the other side of the map. It doesn't help that the game constantly bombards you with messages and it's hard to filter the important stuff out, but even then I'm bad at prioritizing.

I just want to have fun beating mooks up with my cool Zelda characters.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Your Computer posted:

So uh... if I'm gonna be an idiot and buy Hyrule Warriors for the third time, I need some advice.

I think my biggest obstacle to truly enjoying the game was that it always constantly felt like I was losing. Fort is falling, captain is dying, a strong foe appears, another fort needs your help, the enemy is attacking our main base, just a constant stream of poo poo going south everywhere on the map at once. Where do you even start, what do you do? :( I just felt like whenever I did something good like taking a fort, another fort had already fallen or something even worse was happening in the meantime. I would help one character and then another would be in trouble on the other side of the map. It doesn't help that the game constantly bombards you with messages and it's hard to filter the important stuff out, but even then I'm bad at prioritizing.

Well there's a few things you can do.

1. Not care about forts switching hands because its a musou game
2. Keep an eye on the map and takeout captains whenever you see them. Regular mooks can't really capture anything by themselves
3. Always be watching the map

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Your Computer posted:

I feel like that’s part of the game’s design on purpose. You’re supposed to feel on edge, that you’re in a huge battle, and as a captain it’s up to you to prioritize on what to do.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Well gently caress I just bought HW again. I feel so good and bad about this.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

Your Computer posted:

prioritize captains, don’t worry too much about forts unless it’s a specific objective you can always take them back, know who/where your commander is, them dying is game over

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

regardless of the gripes some people have with tropical freeze I absolutely agree on one point, the underwater boss is a real son of a bitch and I needed help from my friend to beat that fucker

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I'm so happy I didn't buy HW yet, so I can buy it on the Switch (whenever I get a drat Switch) and have everything be brand-spanking-new.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

I feel like that’s part of the game’s design on purpose. You’re supposed to feel on edge, that you’re in a huge battle, and as a captain it’s up to you to prioritize on what to do.

To the point where especially high-level maps such as Darunia's level 3 weapon mission had you basically on the knife-edge of failure at all times.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

The hardest thing I remember was trying to find those loving skulltulas while my commanders are forts were basically on fire.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
God drat the package has been "out for delivery" for 4 hours, it arrived in town you can drive across the entire town in 20 minutes c'mon USPS :byodood:

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Leal posted:

God drat the package has been "out for delivery" for 4 hours, it arrived in town you can drive across the entire town in 20 minutes c'mon USPS :byodood:

Wow it's almost like they're going other places too.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Leal posted:

to claim your parcel you must defeat the driver in single combat

word of advice: don't go for the calves

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Cithen posted:

Any opinions on Battle Chasers? It seems like it might scratch a FF7 itch.

I played it on PC, so I don't know if there are any issues on the Switch. It's also been long enough ago that I can't give too much detail, but I really enjoyed it. It's definitely a little more old school, it's missing a some modern day advances like not being able to fast forward while fighting trivial battles, although eventually you can get to a point where you can skip over some trivial battles, and not having a run button. I enjoyed the game/story/style though.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Zore posted:

About that:

Since all the Adventure Maps are unlocked at the start of the battle, the Legends DLC maps still have the early missions be easy for your characters. Thus, Marin, Toon Zelda, and Ravio can still be gotten relatively early, and if you're daredevil enough, you can attempt to bruteforce your way through the missions if you're only looking for the bronze rewards since the game asks you if you want to attempt the mission anyways despite lacking the sub-item needed for the giant boss.

Also, a correction to my list of where to get which weapons: Linkle's Boots can be gotten in the OG Adventure Map (likely because you start with Linkle in this game) and Medli's Lv. 4+ weapon is not on the MWW map.

content
Feb 13, 2014

Leal posted:

check yer postal privilege

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

content posted:

check yer postal privilege

No need :smuggo:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Sorry to double post, but I asked at the bottom of the previous page if Hyrule Warriors for Switch has wireless coop with two Switches, as it says on the eShop page? Could somebody with the game confirm/deny this?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SeANMcBAY posted:

I feel like that’s part of the game’s design on purpose.
That's not what I wanted to hear :smith: Surely people who are good at these games feel at least some sort of mastery right? It feels like the type of game that should be really cathartic to play, which is the stage I'd love to get to but at my current skill level it feels like juggling cats.

e: also I'm sure it's obvious but it's the first musou game I've played (or even seen played)

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 19:28 on May 18, 2018

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Hyrule warriors is a little over the top but I'm absolutely loving all the callbacks to all the different games.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
What the gently caress is a Linkle and how do I delete it from my game.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Your Computer posted:

That's not what I wanted to hear :smith: Surely people who are good at these games feel at least some sort of mastery right? It feels like the type of game that should be really cathartic to play, which is the stage I'd love to get to but at my current skill level it feels like juggling cats.

Yeah, you get into a zone with it once it clicks with you. But there are some maps that are going to require a lot out of you.

Zelda's level 2 Wind Waker map was infamous in the original release for this etc. The good thing about this version is damage isn't as tight so playing as the slower characters isn't as nerve-wracking

Over There posted:

Linkle owns :colbert:

She's a girl who has no sense of direction and basically wanders around helping people because she's convinced she's the legendary hero. So she's on a quest to save Zelda and basically always just randomly misses the main party and runs into various side idiots like Skull Kid. Also her allies are usually Cuccoos.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Over There posted:

I'll delete your loving face bitch

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Your Computer posted:

Not really, the whole point is that you're in a hectic battle where poo poo could go south any minute. In fact some older games were worse about it with objectives you had no chance of doing unless you'd already seen the map once and knew where to be when they spawned.
You do eventually get a sense for what can and can't be left though and as with all games where numbers go up you out level stages to the point you can steamroll them if you need to replay them for anything. And some stages are just worse than others.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Over There posted:

Linkle is the best thing about HW

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Over There posted:

She's good.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Oh okay never mind then, I thought it was some sort of love child with Link and Tingle.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Over There posted:

Linkle is best girl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

It's not real

• Locked thread