Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Tom Gorman posted:

Re: the tier list, there's a newer one post Infinity War that takes the uniforms into account, and it's a little larger (right click, open image in new tab)

Do keep in mind though that it assumes you have the uniforms in the pictures. I don't necessarily agree with ALL of this, but it's close enough if you're not being overly picky.

remember when kate bishop was top tier speed snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davedog
Sep 11, 2009
Cleared ten scrubs from my friends list. If you like getting your points every day and want to have my amazing Spider-Man (ranked 3118!) to use in whatever, then hit me up! In game name is Davedog22.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

https://twitter.com/marvel_ffightus/status/997310810442485760?s=21

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Are the goon alliances in the OP up to date? The whole system seems kinda weird, and I can't tell which ones are active or not

Davedog posted:

Cleared ten scrubs from my friends list. If you like getting your points every day and want to have my amazing Spider-Man (ranked 3118!) to use in whatever, then hit me up! In game name is Davedog22.

Sent you a request :D

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

I took a week off and 3 people befriended me :saddowns:

Please add Grummun if you haven't already, I'm a long time player and moderate whale

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

Serperoth posted:

Are the goon alliances in the OP up to date? The whole system seems kinda weird, and I can't tell which ones are active or not

Doctor Goons is up to date but I just checked I don't see that you applied.

Davedog
Sep 11, 2009

Serperoth posted:

Added you and the other goons that sent me requests! Four spots left, get 'em before they go!

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

bobmcdynamite posted:

Doctor Goons is up to date but I just checked I don't see that you applied.

Alright, just sent another one. Might've timed out or something,

thechalkoutline posted:

I took a week off and 3 people befriended me :saddowns:

Please add Grummun if you haven't already, I'm a long time player and moderate whale

Request sent.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

I have enough crystals for one more uniform before the sale ends. Which one will give the biggest boost between Rogue, Shuri, and Venom?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Venom, I think. It takes him from a completely useless character to a near unkillable one. Only problem is it makes him a hero. But he's pretty drat useless as a villain so its a gain anyway.

Shuri's costume is good and nets you Legendary Battle rewards if you wnat to work it up. But I think she's pretty effective without it and her biggest strength is the team passive.

Rogue's I don't have but she's basically unkillable on her own and just needs a little attack boost.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

I have enough crystals for one more uniform before the sale ends. Which one will give the biggest boost between Rogue, Shuri, and Venom?

There's also more infinity war costumes coming and a sale along with them, presumably.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, considering they ran sales pretty much consistently since releasing the first batch of costumes I assume they'll do the same and have weeks of sales when they release the second batch. And then like you have Ant-Man and the Wasp coming out in June so we probably get another update and maybe costumes and characters.

Future Fight 101 is "Never stress about missing a costume sale and never buy a costume not on sale because another sale is right around the corner."

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Thanks, all. I think I'll pick up Venom since it's only ~700 and I should have at least 1,000 accumulated by the next sale.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Juuust hit T2 on Captain America.

Black Widow is almost there but ugh Norn Stone grinding takes forever.

I'm at the point where I can get multiple Proxima Midnight kills in a day though, so that's pretty rad.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
So to rank up Proxima I have to feed her other people's bios??

huh guess I know what in going to do with all the lovely heroes I don't care about

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

In the grand scheme of things I don't think Proxima was really worth it at the time I was ranking her up. She's good but not great and she didn't move into my top tier. By the time i had her finished I already had my 5-5 WBR clears and she can only help you with one floor in Shadowland.

I was heavily advised by this thread to rank her up at the time but since then we've got Jean Grey, Quicksilver, Cable, Scarlet Witch, and Apocalypse who are all better and rank up the same way. Plus now we have the Level 70/T3 characters who cost bios the same way. I'm not sure I'll ever get around to the Black Order if all the other Infinity War characters are Level 70s/T3s too.

I guess if you can't do Quicksilver and unlock him Proxima is the easiest option. But I'd just focus on using your bios on the general roster. Get everyone to 4*/Level 50 so you can get the best CoOp rewards. Then work on getting them to 6* and T2 methodically based on the tier chart. That's ultimately the way I went when Proxima disappointed and I don't regret it even if I wish I had built up Thanos, Odin, and Dormammu and mean to get around to them. Eventually.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Not sure when I'll ever be able to do the 100 or 150 sec challenge on prox stage 19. Takes me about 4:30 with quicksilver.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

STAC Goat posted:

In the grand scheme of things I don't think Proxima was really worth it at the time I was ranking her up. She's good but not great and she didn't move into my top tier. By the time i had her finished I already had my 5-5 WBR clears and she can only help you with one floor in Shadowland.

I was heavily advised by this thread to rank her up at the time but since then we've got Jean Grey, Quicksilver, Cable, Scarlet Witch, and Apocalypse who are all better and rank up the same way. Plus now we have the Level 70/T3 characters who cost bios the same way. I'm not sure I'll ever get around to the Black Order if all the other Infinity War characters are Level 70s/T3s too.

I guess if you can't do Quicksilver and unlock him Proxima is the easiest option. But I'd just focus on using your bios on the general roster. Get everyone to 4*/Level 50 so you can get the best CoOp rewards. Then work on getting them to 6* and T2 methodically based on the tier chart. That's ultimately the way I went when Proxima disappointed and I don't regret it even if I wish I had built up Thanos, Odin, and Dormammu and mean to get around to them. Eventually.

She is top tier with her uni tho

e: and jfc Quicksilver etc are massive time investments. Ignoring all of the other poo poo you have to kill Quicksilver >70 times< to even start to work on Cable, let alone SW and Apoc.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

phosdex posted:

Not sure when I'll ever be able to do the 100 or 150 sec challenge on prox stage 19. Takes me about 4:30 with quicksilver.

when drax gets his t3

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Is there any easy way to tell who can level to 70?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I really hit a wall at level 18 Proxima. Quicksilver just can’t take off enough damage in time, at 2:30 she still has x9 left. Been doing Gorgon lead with Shuri or Coulsten assist.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Ugh. I hate having to farm all these bios just to throw them at somebody else. But I'm nudging closer to 6-starring Thanos finally. I guess I'll ignore the Black Order for a while and try to get Scarlet Witch up to the point where I can unlock Apocalypse. Then I've got Odin sitting there at Level 1.

But I've unlocked everybody except Warlock, Dormammu and Pocky. And I've just now realized that when you get your Free Character Box every day, if you unlock someone you already have, you don't get bios for them PLUS bios in your inbox... just the bio selector in your inbox. Boo.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

thechalkoutline posted:

Is there any easy way to tell who can level to 70?

Not if they're T1. If they're T2, the advancement button on the character screen will say "Unlock Potential" or something like that. I just grabbed a list from reddit and looked it up every day until I was done with it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That updated tier list is weird, as I found Iron Punisher actually pretty anemic. Like he can barely finish off Proxima Midnight alone, which is my gauge on how good a character is.

I need more t2 villains, as I always run out of them at SL20 and it always has 3 stages where only villains work on it. Its super annoying, and SL should not have levels where only one type of character can be used. Problem I have is all the villains left except Sandman are either really expensive or hard to get ranked up. Though I've been working on Vulture for a while now and he's always maxed out. I guess I can put more stuff into the Black Order and get their IW outfits, but that is such a pain in the rear end.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Adult Sword Owner posted:

She is top tier with her uni tho

e: and jfc Quicksilver etc are massive time investments. Ignoring all of the other poo poo you have to kill Quicksilver >70 times< to even start to work on Cable, let alone SW and Apoc.

Even with her uniform, Quicksilver is still better and doesn't cost 1000 crystals.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

twistedmentat posted:

SL should not have levels where only one type of character can be used. Problem I have is all the villains left except Sandman are either really expensive or hard to get ranked up.

You are beginning to understand the nature of a free-to-play, pay-to-win game. Those roadblocks are in place by design. Want an easier way to rank up those villains? There are plenty of options in the store that you can buy right now to speed the process.

Don't want to pay? You have to wait until you can grind the materials out the long, hard, free way.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

twistedmentat posted:

That updated tier list is weird, as I found Iron Punisher actually pretty anemic. Like he can barely finish off Proxima Midnight alone, which is my gauge on how good a character is.

I need more t2 villains, as I always run out of them at SL20 and it always has 3 stages where only villains work on it. Its super annoying, and SL should not have levels where only one type of character can be used. Problem I have is all the villains left except Sandman are either really expensive or hard to get ranked up. Though I've been working on Vulture for a while now and he's always maxed out. I guess I can put more stuff into the Black Order and get their IW outfits, but that is such a pain in the rear end.

I'd say work on Sandman/Vulture. Both are effective villains for me. Sandman can work a relatively "unkillable" cycle of 1-3-4-5 if you nail the timing (if you slip a little you're in trouble) and handle those evil Cap stages. Getting Cyclops and Beast's costumes is a nice cheat since it turns them into villains. Ultron can take down the robot stage. Mordo and Kaecilious can work. I use Superior Spider Man and he's effective early on but I assume Doc Ock would be as well. After that its definitely the tougher ones to get I use. Magneto, Apocalypse, Proxima, Corvus, Carnage, Enchantress, Anti-Man. I guess even though I kind of disrespected Proxima's value earlier I undervalued her usage as a villain in Shadowland.

But yeah, villains are always the group I have to be most selective about in Shadowland each week and make sure I don't run out. And I should probably ignore the T3s for awhile and work on Thanos or Dormammu.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Keke is teasing T3 Iron Man and Spider Man.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

The Dave posted:

Keke is teasing T3 Iron Man and Spider Man.

Are they aware that it takes like 2 months to T3 a character and that barely anyone even has T3 Captain America yet.

Edit: T3 Spider-Man is gonna do horrible things to Timeline.

Loten
Dec 8, 2005

yeah if Spiderman is seriously up next I will hold off my impending spend on T3ing cap.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

T3 Spider-Man pierces web immunity

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

fart simpson posted:

T3 Spider-Man pierces web immunity

Death to the t3 gods! Woe are we eternally webbed!

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Zokari posted:

Are they aware that it takes like 2 months to T3 a character and that barely anyone even has T3 Captain America yet.

Edit: T3 Spider-Man is gonna do horrible things to Timeline.

they cant release a t3 every 2 months, itll take 20 years at that rate

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Unless they release a new method of obtaining Cosmic Cube Fragments I am not gonna have a t3 for a long rear end time. I am only at about 300 of the 800 needed, and I have been doing WBU Prox every single day since she came out.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Cinara posted:

Unless they release a new method of obtaining Cosmic Cube Fragments I am not gonna have a t3 for a long rear end time. I am only at about 300 of the 800 needed, and I have been doing WBU Prox every single day since she came out.

Same boat, at 271 not counting today. Everything else seems to be progressing at a decent pace.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Just got a 6-star mega ticket.

My 1* paywall gang is Carnage, Hyperion, Ironheart, Quasar. Kaiju.

I'm leaning Quasar, but I don't know this character, whereas I know Hyperion, but I've heard he sucks.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

They put up a poll as to which character will get a revamp and Hyperion won. I'm saving my 6 star ticket for when this revamp happens and will use it on him if they make him good.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Is the event gone? I have 20 event tokens but can't find the event itself anymore.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have 2 Mega 6 tickets but no one below 5* so I'm just saving them for Magik and whoever else comes down the line.

I have one 6 Ticket and Colossus, Valkyrie, Quasar, and Killmonger all eligible at 5* but I'm just hoarding and waiting to see what comes since its not like I could get them to 4/20 anyway. And I probably save Colossus for whenever i buy a mutant sub or shift to doing the X-Genes in the Lab Processor instead of Universals for the Ultimates.

On other topics, what are people's opinions of Angel? He seems like he does a poo poo load of damage but is soft as hell and dies quick. I've tried using him against Proxima Ultimate and he always just gets wiped off after one hit. I'm thinking he's a good candidate for the CTP of Refinement I've been stashing. Max HP +21.9%; Recovery Rate +84.5%; Activation Rate when HP is below 50%: guards against 5 hits, 16% recovery of Max HP. I'm not sure if that will change anything but seems like the best candidate I've found.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Oh yeah, Magik. I've got her at 4 stars. She's a candidate, too, but now I'm leaning Hyperion just for the inevitable update.