Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Over There posted:

Oh okay never mind then, I thought it was some sort of love child with Link and Tingle.
Nah, its them responding to long standing demand of "what if Link was a girl this time", and also she's just fun to play, good moveset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
whenever I hear the name Linkle I can't help but think of

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Linkle is like Link but with breasts and probably also a vagina, but that's only fanart speculation.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Yeah, Linkle gets fun weapons. Put on the Pegasus Boots and now you're just kicking the absolute poo poo out of entire armies with your Powerful Legs.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
The music is very good

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

She's Elf from Dragon's Crown so I like her.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Your Computer posted:

That's not what I wanted to hear :smith: Surely people who are good at these games feel at least some sort of mastery right? It feels like the type of game that should be really cathartic to play, which is the stage I'd love to get to but at my current skill level it feels like juggling cats.

e: also I'm sure it's obvious but it's the first musou game I've played (or even seen played)

Are you playing on hard mode? It's fine to start on normal mode but the difficulties in that game are really just "enemies have more health and hit harder." so it's totally fine to play on easy to get through the main story and then dive into the adventure maps where there isn't a difficulty option.

I bring up difficulty because you might be getting overwhelmed if you're killing things slowly which would make sense if you're playing on a higher difficulty.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Zore posted:

Yeah but the base difficulties of those maps is pretty high. You're going to have completed a significant chunk of the earlier maps just to get the levels and weapons you need to get there.

No you don't. Here's some evidence for you:

https://twitter.com/Folt99/status/997545396153995264

Literally only did two Adventure Mode squares so far and Ravio is now mine.

It probably does help that actually doing the objectives in Ravio's mission and killing the Advanced Healers that show up when they're done means you can kill Dodongo the standard way, go around to collect Magic to fill your meter, then use some Special attacks on Gohma and kill him with a Dark element user (Ganondorf fully charged C1 -> C3 -> normal attacks until break or Wizzro with badges filled out to get his C4 to spam on Gohma's WPG works wonders for this), even without badges that makes enemies take more WPG damage.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Nep-Nep posted:

Are you playing on hard mode? It's fine to start on normal mode but the difficulties in that game are really just "enemies have more health and hit harder." so it's totally fine to play on easy to get through the main story and then dive into the adventure maps where there isn't a difficulty option.

I bring up difficulty because you might be getting overwhelmed if you're killing things slowly which would make sense if you're playing on a higher difficulty.

I'm pretty sure I played them on Easy :negative:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Help me goons, I'm about to buy Hyrule Warriors a second time so I can enjoy all that 3DS content that I missed on Wii U

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

littleorv posted:

I'll delete your loving face bitch

content
Feb 13, 2014

Macaluso posted:

It's not real

Man, I just got so excited :nutshot:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I always love release days for games because you always see the same ol posts that always boil down to
"Why hasn't Amazon/Delivery service delivered this by 9am on release day. IT'S RELEASE DAY"

Don't you guys have physical stores anymore in the US?

content
Feb 13, 2014

Infinitum posted:

Only for magazines and books.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Your Computer posted:

I'm pretty sure I played them on Easy :negative:

Some other general tips:
-Most of the alerts you're seeing are more general information for you and not something you urgently need to address.
-It doesn't matter too much most of the time if your forts fall as they're easy enough to get back, just worry about if the allied base is reported as about to fall.
-You can pause the game and check your current mission and submissions. If you don't have an urgent problem to fix (you'll eventually get a feel for this) then just work on one of those things and you'll be fine.
-Don't worry about defeating every enemy, mostly just hit what gets in your way and you'll be good to go.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Folt The Bolt posted:

No you don't. Here's some evidence for you:

https://twitter.com/Folt99/status/997545396153995264

Literally only did two Adventure Mode squares so far and Ravio is now mine.

It probably does help that actually doing the objectives in Ravio's mission and killing the Advanced Healers that show up when they're done means you can kill Dodongo the standard way, go around to collect Magic to fill your meter, then use some Special attacks on Gohma and kill him with a Dark element user (Ganondorf fully charged C1 -> C3 -> normal attacks until break or Wizzro with badges filled out to get his C4 to spam on Gohma's WPG works wonders for this), even without badges that makes enemies take more WPG damage.

Akuma's just poppin up everywhere nowadays

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Enemy management in Musou games is usually about cutting off the head of larger squads - the sea of normal baddies are just there to distract you or whittle you down on the way to the officers, which are the mobs that do the actual damage to your own army. Chopping up the mooks is enormously cathartic and how you get money/EXP/meter, but a lot of victory conditions in Musou consist of beelining to the officers or to the enemy spawn gates and taking them out so your map stops drowning in red.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
While this is up to individual opinion I believe it's also a good idea to turn off the option to have lifebars over literally every enemy. That way it's more clear which ones are important to focus on since only those ones will have lifebars displayed.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nep-Nep posted:

While this is up to individual opinion I believe it's also a good idea to turn off the option to have lifebars over literally every enemy. That way it's more clear which ones are important to focus on since only those ones will have lifebars displayed.

Oh yeah deff do this

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Any particularily good or bad characters in Hyrule Warriors or should I just try to upgrade at least 1 character of each element?

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Infinitum posted:

That would require going outside and interacting with another human!

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Infinitum posted:

I always love release days for games because you always see the same ol posts that always boil down to
"Why hasn't Amazon/Delivery service delivered this by 9am on release day. IT'S RELEASE DAY"

I thought I was being smart by buying digital while I was at work. It'd be downloaded by the time I got home and before I had to leave town. I don't think it's going to finish before I have to leave :(

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tempura Wizard posted:

That would require going outside and interacting with another human!

ew

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Apparently Europe is getting an online bbtag beta afterall, runs from today til the 20th. I might try to set up a euro account so i can play some more. :p

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

RatHat posted:

Any particularily good or bad characters in Hyrule Warriors or should I just try to upgrade at least 1 character of each element?

the only characters I remember disliking were ruto, wizzro and zant for their wierd move sets that seemed weak. Fi seemed weak as well but i found her more fun to use sometimes.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

If I like Enter the Gungeon will I like Wizard of Legend because I've got like 150 hours on Gungeon I love that poo poo but it's getting a bit stale now I've unlocked everything.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Here's a really extensive review of Hyrule Warriors I found on youtube.
Seems like it will probably answer anybody's questions if they're still on the fence. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get it now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0u_vUbT5jM

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Frankston posted:

If I like Enter the Gungeon will I like Wizard of Legend because I've got like 150 hours on Gungeon I love that poo poo but it's getting a bit stale now I've unlocked everything.

I like Wizards better.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Some reason I can't redeem points for Darkest Dungeon. Says it's the wrong region. I bought it from USA Amazon.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

E2M2 posted:

Some reason I can't redeem points for Darkest Dungeon. Says it's the wrong region. I bought it from USA Amazon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRRCXchyM5Y

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Infinitum posted:

Yea but Amazon is convient and does 20% off on most POers. Though Best buy also does 20% and I think on non preorders too

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

So maybe it's not happening

https://twinfinite.net/2018/05/treyarch-says-there-are-no-plans-for-black-ops-4-on-nintendo-switch/

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

:shrug:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

oh nooo

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
If you haven't bought gamers club unlocked and are on the fence I'd recommend doing it like, this second.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

what a shame

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Consummate Professional posted:

If you haven't bought gamers club unlocked and are on the fence I'd recommend doing it like, this second.

Is it 20% on every new game or is it new as in it came out in the last month/week?

Macaluso posted:

It's not real

God drat I want WarioWare game on Switch so bad. I wish that new compilation one could be on Switch too.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

deadly_pudding posted:

Help me goons, I'm about to buy Hyrule Warriors a second time so I can enjoy all that 3DS content that I missed on Wii U

That is exactly what I did (and for the exact same reason) so you should definitely do it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I sold all my Wii U games that got Switch ports the moment they were all announced and sold each one for like $40-$50 bucks so I don’t feel bad about rebuying them on Switch at all.:cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

RatHat posted:

If you're just starting out, Hylian Sword is fairly decent to use. Both of Ganondorf's weapons as well as Volga are also really good to start with and Ganondorf's Great Swords and Volga are among the top 5 characters/weapons in the game. Also, if you're starting out, Sheik has a shield move that really helps in the beginning of the game which makes her particularly excellent for beginners.

As for particularly bad characters, Tetra is among the bottom five, as is Fi. The Great Fairy is also a really bad weapon but the character who uses it has other, better weapons so eh. Sand Wand is also rather bad, but it's very fun anyways.

• Locked thread