Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch

i played days gone and then i freaked it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Sony Bend is a smaller studio, that's just how it is.

I didn't mean to come off like I was making GBS threads on them. I'm definitely picking up Days Gone. I was just trying to theorize why I think interest seems meh for it at this point. I think people just get burnt out during the time between announcement and release for some of these games.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

AutomaticPrince posted:

I think the issue with Days Gone is that it feels like it was announced forever ago and it still might not be out by the time E3 2019 rolls around. It's been 2 years of hype for a game in a genre that's been showing some fatigue for awhile now. 2-3 years of the same clips and screenshots is gonna cause alot of people to go ugh enough of this loving zombie game.

It's an issue for alot of games at E3. I'm tired of Death Stranding already. The games are announced way too far out. Say what you want about Bethesda but to go from Fallout 4 announcement to conference at E3 to release within a 7-8 month period was perfect. I'm ok with announcements for games a year to 18 months out but there should never be anything like that Shenmue 3 disaster where people sat through some bullshit for a Kickstarter announcement and a few years later that game isn't even close to coming out.

i think the game looks interesting/dynamic enough. but as of right now i am only a maybe.

AutomaticPrince posted:

I'm going to poo poo on BLOPS 4 and be annoyed there's no campaign but I'll end up getting it because I'm a fraud who's bad at decisions. 100% chance I buy it on DAY 1 because of the hype and gladiator zombies looks cool. I'll play it for a week or two before abandoning the game completely for Battlefield V while trying to convince myself I got $60 worth of entertainment from it.

im not buying it at all. if it were say battlefield and they cut the campaign. id be ok with that. but CoD campaigns are pretty fun and it sucks that activision keeps chasing trends. that being said i would buy the MW2 or BO1 remasters.

Infinitum posted:

Mad Max, the movie series, works because it plays the insanity completely straight.

Rage 2 looks like it might lean too hard into the wacky lets-go-memeing side of things and the announce trailer doesn't fill me with confidence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7eXH25_KC0

Hopefully they'll have a nice long gameplay demo during E3, but I feel it's gonna be an uphill battle to convince people that this isn't just Borderlands-but-less-colourful

I am honestly pumped for it because it looks like its acutaly fun to play and i like the art style. i need a new mad max type game and i liked avalanches mad max game a ton, so if this looks loving sweet.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Devolver is back.

https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/997477190332710913?s=09

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

friendly reminder that the Days Gone studio is the same studio that gave us Bubsy 3D

so it'll probably own a lot

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I'm not a fan of COD, I haven't really played any of the series since COD2, but something about the newest one really bums me out. It's just completely lacking in any identity. For a while the series went all in on its Tom Clancy, pseudo milsim approach, modern weapons, modern warfare. Then it started going sci-fi and while I've never much liked their take on the future, it clearly had a very specific design ethos behind it. But then fans turned on the spacification of COD and now BLOPS4 is this weird thing where the movement options are gone and the guns look like real guns, but they're not, while at the same time the various hero abilities are kind of sci-fi still, and the end result is some bland, near-future hodgepodge that doesn't mean anything.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

The gameinformer footage of Days Gone where they startle a mob of zombies and then loving run in circles forever trying to kite 80 loving enemies completely killed my interest, that looks so amazingly unfun and annoying. I feel bad that the studio has sunken so much goddamn time into this poo poo

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

DLC Inc posted:

The gameinformer footage of Days Gone where they startle a mob of zombies and then loving run in circles forever trying to kite 80 loving enemies completely killed my interest, that looks so amazingly unfun and annoying. I feel bad that the studio has sunken so much goddamn time into this poo poo

I watched it last night and goddamn it looks horrid. I thought you could use distractions or something and play things a bit smarter but no, every enemy is instantly alerted to your presence as soon as one of them is injured and you just have to Benny Hill your way away from 300 zombies until you fire enough bullets into the horde to kill em all.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Prey got new achievements loaded in so for anyone still suspect on an expansion, looks like it's a lock. I wasn't a fan of Death of the Outsider despite loving Dishonored 1+2 to death but a Prey expansion DLC on the moon.....I'm here for that

Spam Musubi
Jan 17, 2018

Cheap, Affordable, and Tasty!
Wrap me in rice like you would with your mother.
Skate 4 when?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

ea is gonna skip skate 4 and go directly to skate 5. get hype for skate 5

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

an actual dog posted:

ea is gonna skip skate 4 and go directly to skate 5. get hype for skate 5

I will miss Sk4te but will enjoy 5kate.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
As with any proper reboot it will be named "Skate".

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Cowcaster posted:

i may have posted this already but i hope that nina struthers is at the devolver digital presentation again this year

Extremely same

hell yeah hell yeah let's get fuckin weird

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I will miss Sk4te but will enjoy 5kate.

We can go further Sk8

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Barudak posted:

We can go further Sk8

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

This is the E3 2018 thread, not the E3 3018 thread

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yeah protip if you didn't see their conference last year, you're in for a goddamn treat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqPT9hyPANs

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

My brain exploded trying to decipher which Skate game this was.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ulio posted:

Scanners mode is actually a feature of 56473 2

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Ulio posted:

5(S)6(K)4(A)7(T)3(E) HD Anthology

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Yeah protip if you didn't see their conference last year, you're in for a goddamn treat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqPT9hyPANs

It's the game conference equivalent of a shitpost and it's fantastic.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

This is the E3 2018 thread, not the E3 3018 thread

Too bad, I have been invited to try Mario & Clank on the Nintendo Microsoft PlayStation Switch VR 2 and have to tell the world it is the best game on the best console ever made. Also 56473 is wonderful.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

They're starting to setup for E3 and some of the props have leaked

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Guess we know why they delayed Dark Souls Switch now

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Is that mario heiling?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Please let us also have a return of the Pre-Pre Show, please please oh please.

Top Gun
Oct 24, 2017
I didn't find that Devolver show funny at all. Like none of the humor made sense.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Maybe Devolver can really up the ante by releasing a good game this year.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So this list of rumored games being shown off at E3 has started circulating around lately. I kind of doubt that any of it's true at the moment (Blizzard usually announces new games at their own con for example) but it's something at least.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 14:57 on May 19, 2018

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Larryb posted:

So this list of rumored games being shown off at E3 has started circulating around lately. Not sure how true any of it is considering some of the things on said list sound kind of dubious (Blizzard usually announces new games at their own con for example) but it's something at least.

Well, now I've gone and gotten my hopes up for Fallout: Nuevo El Paso and a new Final Fantasy Tactics. Sadly this looks pretty dubious. I know the industry is sequel happy but there’s bound to be at least SOME new IP introduced.

J-Spot fucked around with this message at 14:38 on May 19, 2018

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Which presentation would show Cyberpunk 2077? PC maybe?

If that Xbox one is their real presentation then lol.... just.... lol

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Larryb posted:

So this list of rumored games being shown off at E3 has started circulating around lately. Not sure how true any of it is considering some of the things on said list sound kind of dubious (Blizzard usually announces new games at their own con for example) but it's something at least.

Hahaha PS4 Pro 2.0

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Raged posted:

Which presentation would show Cyberpunk 2077? PC maybe?

If that Xbox one is their real presentation then lol.... just.... lol

CDPR has always had a good relationship with Microsoft so it's likely to be shown on the X-Box stage.

Crusty Juggler
Mar 26, 2009

Larryb posted:

“Kinda dubious”

my man they have a destiny 2 DLC titled “GHOSTS OF NAGASAKI” getting revealed at the xbone show this poo poo’s fake as hell

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
So hyped for Assassin’s Creed: Dominanace

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
EA would never start their show with Battlefield content, they save that to the very end as always, so people will watch the whole thing.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Larryb posted:

So this list of rumored games being shown off at E3 has started circulating around lately. I kind of doubt that any of it's true at the moment (Blizzard usually announces new games at their own con for example) but it's something at least.

It's also very very unlikely that WoW would be able to function on a PS4. Too many buttons to push, too many individual button combos that would need to be mapped, just literally not enough buttons for any extra talents. Consumables would be a nightmare, etc, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

They got EverQuest on a ps2. I think it used a keyboard though.

• Locked thread