Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Anybody having trouble hitting an Excellent throw, see if you can find a wild Ursaring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

'It's a living'

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Kheldarn posted:

:same:

What does this mean? Is there now Rare Candy in addition to <Pokémon> Candy? Because if there is, I'm apparently blind, and missed whenever it happened...

You can earn rare candy from raids and some research quests. Rare candy can be given to any pokemon. Previously you could only give 1 rare candy at a time. And for those of us who raid a lot, have 10s to 100s of rare candy. Giving them 1 at a time is annoying. Now being able to give multiples at a time is great.

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me

Kheldarn posted:

:same:

What does this mean? Is there now Rare Candy in addition to <Pokémon> Candy? Because if there is, I'm apparently blind, and missed whenever it happened...

Yeah man, rare candy has been a thing for... A long time. I believe since at least legendary raids got released last go fest. You can only get them from raids, and higher level raids have a higher chance of more candy.

My first shiny was a shiny Pikachu, but my only non event/CD ones are two Magikarp. Can't complain since even a crappy iv red gyarados still looks baller as gently caress.

Unrelated but I found a 100% skarmory in my collection today :geno:

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
My first shiny was a luvdisc, my next two were also luvdisc. Since then I've gotten a pichu, an aron, and a sheep.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Y'all representing your team colours out there?

Ummm, maybe tie-dye for the multi-account folks?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ah, Rare Candy is tied to Raids. No wonder I don't know anything about it. My old phone could barely handle the game, so raids were a no go.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
There's a limited amount of Field Research quests (most notably, the 7th day reward) as well as the Special Research that can give Rare Candies as prizes, but otherwise they're ostensibly for raiding.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Ho-Oh coming back, with a chance for a shiny. Hell yeah Golem is good again (unless Ho-Oh has solar beam...).

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."
Literally just caught two shiny charmanders back to back at the start of community day

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

Edward Mass posted:

The sound is lovely now.

I only just now noticed the drop in sound quality as I'm clearing out my Pokemon storage for community day tomorrow. Weird.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

FrensaGeran posted:

Yeah after it seemed pretty clear the RNG gods didn't want me to have a shiny Maku/Medi I got really really sick of that fighting event lasting forever. Honestly a relief to see a Sandshrew.

This happened to me too, I hunted forever for that drat shiny Makuhita but no dice :(

That's ok dumb phone game, I didn't want you stupid shiny anyways

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
Can I evolve any charmander during the event to get the special move, or does it have to be one I captured during the 3 hour window?

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Sjonkel posted:

Can I evolve any charmander during the event to get the special move, or does it have to be one I captured during the 3 hour window?

I've been saving a hundo for a day like this.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Sjonkel posted:

Any Charmeleon which can come from any Charmander.

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009

Sjonkel posted:

The last 3 events I evolved Pokémon I didn’t catch during the event and got the new move, so.....

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Move_name_0298 seems op imo

Edit: restarting fixed it :(

Prop Wash fucked around with this message at 10:55 on May 19, 2018

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Did they make the charmander catch rate easier for the event?

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Ballz posted:

Did they make the charmander catch rate easier for the event?

Most likely. They did the same for Bulbasaur, because starter catch rates are god awfull astronomical normally.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I’m having trouble switching between my account and my wife’s account on an iPad. Both of us use google accounts but when I try logging in, the pre-load screen spins for a minute or so and then says no account exists.

I don’t have this problem switching between accounts on the iPhone. But one thing I notice is that on our phones, I get a pop up message saying “Pokémon go wants to use google.com to sign in” which I don’t get when trying from the iPad. So I’m thinking it’s a permission issue, but I have no idea how to get that pop up to appear on the iPad.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
If you haven’t tried reinstalling it already, do that.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

That didn’t work, but upgrading to ios11 seems to have done the trick!

But now my copy of Anodyne no longer works and I’m pretty sure the developer is never updating that ever again :sigh:

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Given a super incubator is 200g, those seem like some solid boxes for sale in the store today.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
What time is the event today?

11pst?

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 17:40 on May 19, 2018

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Maker Of Shoes posted:

What time is the event today?

11pst?

It's 11 to 2 for your local time.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Played for the full three hours of the event, caught a total of 67 Charmanders. Not a single shiny.

Girlfriend suddenly remembers there’s an event and starts the game up when there’s 12 minutes left - immediately gets a shiny lizard. :smithicide:

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008
My friend went for it, and it's beautiful:

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
My second charmander catch at home was shiny. Hell yeah

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
the event boxes really should have incense in them for the people stuck at home

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

seiferguy posted:

It's 11 to 2 for your local time.

It’s 10-1 local time.

I caught 207 charmander, 12 of which we’re shiny. I feel like that’s a hilariously good conversion rate.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Ugh yea I wish these events were longer than 3 hours or on both days of a weekend. Weather/timing is too inconvenient for me this afternoon to walk around the local park. sigh

E: although lol just caught a crappy shiny at my house

slave to my cravings fucked around with this message at 19:59 on May 19, 2018

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
is the event move good enough to want to evolve a really good chamander or should I stick the event move on a shiny if I can find it and save candy for a really good charmander

Razor Jacksuit
Mar 31, 2007

VEES RULE #1

flatluigi posted:

is the event move good enough to want to evolve a really good chamander or should I stick the event move on a shiny if I can find it and save candy for a really good charmander

Yeah it's a really good move. Puts Charizard up there with Moltres and Entei.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

flatluigi posted:

Its very good and you should def evolve it. But you get plenty of candy, I evolved 2 normal charizards and 1 shiny and still have 200 extra candy from the event alone.

After the event they are very mediocre again.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

DeadlyHalibut posted:

Its very good and you should def evolve it. But you get plenty of candy, I evolved 2 normal charizards and 1 shiny and still have 200 extra candy from the event alone.

After the event they are very mediocre again.

I'm stuck without transportation so I'm not getting a bunch of candy, unfortunately.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I'm about 125 candy in and no shiny yet. Come on game give one!!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Spent two hours at the park and caught two shiny. Real lovely compared to previous community days.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
It took me 90 minutes, but I got my Charmeleon evolved to a Charizard. The next Community Day, I'm going to figure out how to strap an oscillation fan to my back.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Edward Mass posted:

It took me 90 minutes, but I got my Charmeleon evolved to a Charizard. The next Community Day, I'm going to figure out how to strap an oscillation fan to my back.

Put a mister on it and dress it up like a squirtle. Especially if the next one is Squirtle.

Got a 30cp and a 212 cp shiny. Good thing I got lots of candy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
I hit the fuckin jackpot and couldn’t be happier.

Charmander, 10 cp, level one
Shiny
Charmander is not likely to make much headway in battle.
I see that it’s best attribute is its HP.
It is matched equally by its attack.
It is matched equally by its defense.
Its stats are not out of the norm, in my estimation.

A shiny level one 0% Charmander. The best rarest useless turd you can hope for.

• Locked thread