Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
If it got us something substantive in return I'd eat the entire salary. I just want him off the roster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

mikeraskol posted:

If it got us something substantive in return I'd eat the entire salary. I just want him off the roster.

I mean we are not going to get anything other than fringe prospects regardless of the situation.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If we aren’t going to get anything useful back just let him sit there and think about what he’s done.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

lol

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I almost forgot the Yanks were a team we followed

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

Carlosologist posted:

I almost forgot the Yanks were a team we followed

RAB called this an all star break and they're not wrong.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

humpthewind posted:

RAB called this an all star break and they're not wrong.

Florial is also out until August because of wrist/hamate surgery and it's RAB's Prospect Watch Curse again.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Inspector_666 posted:

Florial is also out until August because of wrist/hamate surgery and it's RAB's Prospect Watch Curse again.

gently caress, not a hamate injury. I remember that wrecking Tabata.

Btw David Cone is a treasure and he increases my enjoyment of games by a lot. I love his ability to marry advanced stats with old school thinking.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

mikeraskol posted:

gently caress, not a hamate injury. I remember that wrecking Tabata.

Btw David Cone is a treasure and he increases my enjoyment of games by a lot. I love his ability to marry advanced stats with old school thinking.

I think it has a pretty decent recovery for most players. Lots of players have had broken hamate bones in their careers. Albert Almora, Yonder Alonso, Joey Bats, Jose Canseco, Nomar, Griffey, Carlos Gomez, Hinske, Lowrie, Markakis, JD Martinez, Giancarlo Stanton, Sheffield, Big Papi, Pedroia, Thome, Tulowitzki, Scott Rolen, Ryan ZImmerman, Chris Dickerson, Zunino, Michael Brantley etc.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

ihatepants posted:

I think it has a pretty decent recovery for most players. Lots of players have had broken hamate bones in their careers. Albert Almora, Yonder Alonso, Joey Bats, Jose Canseco, Nomar, Griffey, Carlos Gomez, Hinske, Lowrie, Markakis, JD Martinez, Giancarlo Stanton, Sheffield, Big Papi, Pedroia, Thome, Tulowitzki, Scott Rolen, Ryan ZImmerman, etc.

The problem usually seems to be recovery time, not necessarily a question of a full recovery. Guys play through when it's healed but I think it's supposed to be a year+ for lingering effects to be gone, especially power-wise.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Rough day at 2B for Gleyber.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
I'm the white guy behind home plate who decided to wear a Wu Tang shirt while taking his daughters to the ballpark.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Monday_ posted:

I'm the white guy behind home plate who decided to wear a Wu Tang shirt while taking his daughters to the ballpark.

How much were those seats?

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Man, Robertson is so unreliable now. So much for the Yankees’ super pen.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Went to Fenway for a game today. It’s a charming little ballpark. Craziest moment was arriving 30 minutes before the game started and there being no line at the gate to get into the park. Literally walked up and showed my ticket and got in. That’s never happened once in 50+ games at Yankee stadium. Also the Sox lost so it was a great night all in all.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

mcmagic posted:

How much were those seats?

At Kauffman Stadium? 12 dollars.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Didi’s slump has been so bad that Giancarlo’s numbers have passed him

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Carlosologist posted:

Didi’s slump has been so bad that Giancarlo’s numbers have passed him

He should've had 3 homers tonight.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
So what are we all panicking about tonight?

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/_PapoLuca/status/998031281794486273

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 04:50 on May 20, 2018

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Gonna be rough to send Austin down when Bird comes back.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

mcmagic posted:

Gonna be rough to send Austin down when Bird comes back.

I dont really see that happening. Neil walker is gonna get traded or DFA'd and they will probably platoon bird/austin

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Paul Zuvella posted:

I dont really see that happening. Neil walker is gonna get traded or DFA'd and they will probably platoon bird/austin

I really don't think they are gonna get rid of Walker. They have gone out of their way to say the opposite multiple times. It's probably what SHOULD happen though.

I'm also worried that the are going to end up trading guys like Austin/Fraizer who I think are going to be very good major leagues for a long time for a mediocre pitching like Fulmer because he's all that is available...

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 20:07 on May 21, 2018

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I think Austin gets squeezed mostly because he has the option remaining. I think he's shortened Walker's leash a good bit, though.

mcmagic posted:

I'm also worried that the are going to end up trading guys like Austin/Fraizer who I think are going to be very good major leagues for a long time for a mediocre pitching like Fulmer because he's all that is available...

As much as I like Austin, he is still a short-side platoon guy. He's actually done way better against RHP this year (107 wRC+ vs RHP, 189 vs LHP compared to career 69 vs RHP/193 vs LHP) so maybe he's become a more complete 1B, but if they trade him for a frontline starter that's a deal you gotta make.

(I've already gone on record as not much caring for Fulmer in this specific example.)

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 20:13 on May 21, 2018

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Thinking Fullmer is poo poo is still the most hilarious thing in the world to me

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Paul Zuvella posted:

Thinking Fullmer is poo poo is still the most hilarious thing in the world to me

He's not poo poo... Or all that good.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
We all know the Yankees need to bring Bartolo back into the fold.

EDIT: That was obviously a joke but I have to now say that I just looked at Bart's underlying stuff and how the gently caress does he have a sub-3 ERA with 16.6% K rate and 42.3% hard-hit rate?

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 20:26 on May 21, 2018

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Inspector_666 posted:

As much as I like Austin, he is still a short-side platoon guy. He's actually done way better against RHP this year (107 wRC+ vs RHP, 189 vs LHP compared to career 69 vs RHP/193 vs LHP) so maybe he's become a more complete 1B, but if they trade him for a frontline starter that's a deal you gotta make.

No, Austin is still pretty much poo poo against all RHP. If you take out his numbers against soft tossing Marco Estrada (who he has hit 3 HRs off of this season), his wRC+ vs RHP drops down to 50. And on the season as a whole against RHP, he's striking out 44% of the time, which is godawful.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

We all know the Yankees need to bring Bartolo back into the fold.

EDIT: That was obviously a joke but I have to now say that I just looked at Bart's underlying stuff and how the gently caress does he have a sub-3 ERA with 16.6% K rate and 42.3% hard-hit rate?

Now that you said that he's definitely going to beat them tonight.

Inspector_666 posted:

I think Austin gets squeezed mostly because he has the option remaining. I think he's shortened Walker's leash a good bit, though.

(I've already gone on record as not much caring for Fulmer in this specific example.)
I'm fine with trading him for a good pitcher. I'm just saying I don't think any will become available and I don't want them to just get the best guy on the market just to make a trade.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 20:41 on May 21, 2018

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

mcmagic posted:

Now that you said that he's definitely going to beat them tonight.

I'm fine with trading him for a good pitcher. I'm just saying I don't think any will become available and I don't want them to just get the best guy on the market just to make a trade.

They just have to elevate the ball. Bart's rocking a 50% GB rate, what an amazing confluence of things he's had going this season.

ihatepants posted:

No, Austin is still pretty much poo poo against all RHP. If you take out his numbers against soft tossing Marco Estrada (who he has hit 3 HRs off of this season), his wRC+ vs RHP drops down to 50. And on the season as a whole against RHP, he's striking out 44% of the time, which is godawful.

Yeah, I noticed that the RHP numbers were pretty bad aside from wRC+ but I want to believe!

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 20:46 on May 21, 2018

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Here's a fun short story from Scranton

https://twitter.com/RailRidersTT/status/998689050579144705?s=19

https://twitter.com/RailRidersTT/status/998689436689948672?s=19

https://twitter.com/RailRidersTT/status/998689776168521728?s=19

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I can't have much doubt that they are losing EV by Frazier not taking Gardner and Hicks' AB's at this point.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Every Tanaka inning is just torturous and I don't know how anyone in this thread can think he's even "ok."

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

mikeraskol posted:

Every Tanaka inning is just torturous and I don't know how anyone in this thread can think he's even "ok."

His numbers are fine... He also was brilliant in the playoffs last season.

Edit: Gleyber is so loving good.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 01:41 on May 22, 2018

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Gleyber Torres though - be still my heart.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Thanks cubs

He's so dreamy

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Neil Walker is saying “gently caress you I’m not the odd man out here.”

Edit:

mcmagic posted:

His numbers are . . . *massive upper deck blast to right field.* His postseason numbers last year were . . . *walks two, massive blast again*

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 02:25 on May 22, 2018

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

mcmagic posted:

That being said this start is an abomination.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
is this the home run derby?

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

They’ve all been just absolute bombs too. Nothing under 400 feet.

Edit: GLEYBER MOTHER loving TORRES. I love this kid so so so much.

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 02:57 on May 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

It's pretty clear that the Cubs could've gotten Chapman for Schwerber, right?

• Locked thread