Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Love to see that even after the refs correctly ruled that knocking the ball backwards isn't a knock on in the Broncos game a few weeks back they are still able to gently caress it up when other teams are doing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

iajanus posted:

Panthers get official warning.

Twenty seconds later get another official warning.

Great work, refs.
oh hey, the same thing happened to them when they played against us

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

bowmore posted:

oh hey, the same thing happened to them when they played against us

Penriff conspiracy is a go

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

iajanus posted:

Penriff conspiracy is a go

I’m all for it tbh

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Birdstrike posted:

I’m all for it tbh

That's why I haven't taken you out for drinks up here

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

iajanus posted:

That's why I haven't taken you out for drinks up here

That and I haven’t been up.
I thought our attack was pretty rubbish tonight even when we had the ball.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

It was a pretty terrible game for attacking football.

I'm mostly happy the Tigers defended as well as they did

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
I do wonder at Nofoaluma's loss of form - at the end of last season you'd think he'd be the first one picked, but while he's shown glimpses of the old Nofo some of his reads have been not great and he's dropped an uncharacteristic amount of ball.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
God drat Fusitua is a great finisher.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Lol Eels.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

That's some quality edge defence there by the eels

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Considering RTS & SJ both out I'm pleasantly surprised so far

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

God drat this Eels team looks average.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Jono C posted:

God drat this Eels team looks average.

That's pretty generous.

Nathan Brown is their only forward who offers anything. Well I like Alvaro too but he's just a straight yardage/tackle count guy.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Gutherson sounds exhausted.

The refs are beginning to piss me off, they really seem to hate us.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

gently caress I hate the halftime player interviews, just as inane as the post match but added bonus of the player huffing and puffing their way through as some gormless idiots follows them down the tunnel to the dressing room jabbering away.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Why are we getting dragged to their level? If we just played our own game we’d be fine.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Warriors are doing a brilliant job of self destructing.

I mean, seriously, why would you decide to try to spin towards the touch line when you just picked up the ball and knew you were about to get hit?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Haha get hosed Moses

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

iajanus posted:

Haha get hosed Moses

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

loving really?

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Ball don’t lie mother fucker.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

That could be the worst call of all time

Hilarious that he hosed up a couple of plays later

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

iajanus posted:

That could be the worst call of all time

Hilarious that he hosed up a couple of plays later

So you can get a cheap penalty if a guy is lying flat behind the ruck? The game is going to look farcical if that call continues.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Also Isaac Luke is a treasure.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Jono C posted:

So you can get a cheap penalty if a guy is lying flat behind the ruck? The game is going to look farcical if that call continues.

It's happened a couple of times before, I know Smith got one against us a couple of years ago just passing it straight into a player of ours who was behind the play the ball even though there nobody to pass to.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

iajanus posted:

It's happened a couple of times before, I know Smith got one against us a couple of years ago just passing it straight into a player of ours who was behind the play the ball even though there nobody to pass to.

The difference here is the ref clearly shouted "play on, play on" e.g Luke is not in your way stop milking, then Will Smith just dropped the ball on him, no attempt to even look like he was trying to make a play and the same ref then blows a penalty

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

And like clockwork this game has one the same penalty, although at least it was a real pass

And Jesus Christ the roosters are putting on a clinic on bombed tries

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

iajanus posted:

And like clockwork this game has one the same penalty, although at least it was a real pass

And Jesus Christ the roosters are putting on a clinic on bombed tries

A real pass directly behind the play of the ball with no teammates within 10 metres of where it was going

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

A real pass directly behind the play of the ball with no teammates within 10 metres of where it was going

I meant in comparison to just throwing the ball straight down into a guy on the ground.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

A new winner for worst call of the week

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

I don’t know, it seemed like Napa was planning to attack the head. It just so happened to turn into a head butt.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

They both had their heads tucked which is why they collided. It was a perfectly fine tackle, and to actually get a sin bin is crazy

Although I agree with the last second sin bin, good work refs

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Completely reckless from Napa, his responsibility not to flying headbutt the ball carrier. Good call.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

gently caress the Roosters.

:horse:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

Completely reckless from Napa, his responsibility not to flying headbutt the ball carrier. Good call.

Are we going to sin bin every other head knock that happens? Because they happen regularly and go completely unpunished.

Or will this be like every other crackdown where this disappears into the ether, never to be ruled again? Shortly after yet another win gifted to the Broncos by a refs call. How many is that this year so far?

I leave this as an exercise for the reader.

Hell I hate the roosters, but the Broncos aren't much better.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

BCR posted:

gently caress the Roosters.

Yes.

No.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

iajanus posted:

Are we going to sin bin every other head knock that happens? Because they happen regularly and go completely unpunished.

No, just when their actions are clearly reckless like Napa's were.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Nah that's obviously accidental from a player who never has made questionable tackles let alone got away with two last week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

No, just when their actions are clearly reckless like Napa's were.

If we are going to call any tackle where someone puts their head down, wraps with both arms, and the other player shifts at the last second and gets hit in the head reckless we're going to be using the sin bin a lot more.

I mean, I hate the roosters, but that was a pathetic home team call and completely flies in the face of how those tackles are always ruled.