Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Barry Convex posted:

it's really, really weird how much space I apparently take up in your head

Some goons take a thing a person may say and fixate on it forever. I'm pretty lucky in that for me it's just about you and this TV show.

You were pretty insistent back then, and have never admitted that S.H.I.E.L.D. is/was not gone, to my knowledge.

At this point, I think it's funny to tease you about it every so often, and I will make a formal acknowledgement when S.H.I.E.L.D. is finally gone.

It's mostly goofs. Mostly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

It's funny every loving time. In a way it also reminds me of:

The frustrated shaking of the mouse afterward nails it.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Fantastic title change :allears:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's finale day!

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
So, my prediction (IW spoilers):

Daisy was initially going to get snapped out of existence, which is why the last footage of her is that video Deke showed her is important. She was probably going to fight/talk Talbot down, but was never able to thanks to getting dusted, therefore resulting in Talbot destroying the world. But with Deke in the picture, he gets snapped instead, taking her place in Thanos' RNG. And that somehow allows them to save the day.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

ApeHawk posted:

So, my prediction (IW spoilers):

Daisy was initially going to get snapped out of existence, which is why the last footage of her is that video Deke showed her is important. She was probably going to fight/talk Talbot down, but was never able to thanks to getting dusted, therefore resulting in Talbot destroying the world. But with Deke in the picture, he gets snapped instead, taking her place in Thanos' RNG. And that somehow allows them to save the day.

How they gonna get that across without a whole bunch of "telling"?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

gently caress em. It's been enough weeks. And the memes have spoiled everything already.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Also the episode after Winter Soldier basically spoiled the twist of that movie, too.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Blazing Ownager posted:

It tracks if your show is turning meager profits and had it's budget reduced. Going to 13 episode allows you to do twice as much outdoor filming this season sorely lacked.
That's not how TV financing works. The studio makes the show, then sells it to a network and the cost is per-episode. They don't get the same budget for 12 episodes that they used to have for 24 or 22.

Also, every year, every actor gets a SAG-mandated raise. It's why long-running tv shows that don't rotate out their casts like say ER did eventually starts being lit like poo poo. Like, say, Scrubs did, or their CG and effects get way worse, like Lost.

Edit: I should note that this is still true even in the case of vertical integration like this, where Disney owns ABC the network, ABC Studios, who makes the show, and Marvel.

LividLiquid fucked around with this message at 22:16 on May 18, 2018

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
so who still thinks people are getting dusted, despite nothing in the last few episodes suggesting that the showrunners knew anything about the film’s plot that wasn’t already made public months ago

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Barry Convex posted:

so who still thinks people are getting dusted, despite nothing in the last few episodes suggesting that the showrunners knew anything about the film’s plot that wasn’t already made public months ago

I thought they weren't going to do it until this post, and now I think it's definitely gonna happen.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Barry Convex posted:

I do because Seriously dissolving someone with CGI is not a loving hard effect and would take someone like a day to render. It's almost certainly going to synchronize with The stinger and not the main plot.

Basically it's going to be Jemma getting sucked into the monolith all over again.

In fact I bet the final stinger is the team preparing to go to Wakanda to help the fight, then that happens and then bam we don't see AoS agan until after the next movie.

LividLiquid posted:

That's not how TV financing works. The studio makes the show, then sells it to a network and the cost is per-episode. They don't get the same budget for 12 episodes that they used to have for 24 or 22.

Also, every year, every actor gets a SAG-mandated raise. It's why long-running tv shows that don't rotate out their casts like say ER did eventually starts being lit like poo poo. Like, say, Scrubs did, or their CG and effects get way worse, like Lost.

Edit: I should note that this is still true even in the case of vertical integration like this, where Disney owns ABC the network, ABC Studios, who makes the show, and Marvel.

I have heard of TV shows - usually not on networks - getting an established budget and then reducing the number of episodes in the negotiation to get 50% more money per episode. i.e. "You don't want to pay for 23, but if you gave us 15% more money per episode, we can do it in 13."

So I don't know if that's entirely true. It's true if you package and try to sell a 13 episode TV show, but not quite the same if you are negotiating over budget and suggest less overall money for a slight uptick per episode.

ED: Speaking of 13 episodes, didn't they say that this season was going to be a short season last season?

ED: Not to keep harping about GoT but I'm still baffled by that bullshit of cutting the episode numbers down in an obvious rush to be done with it, while at the same time stretching out the final season for like 4 loving years and cutting episodes at their prime. I think their heads are on fire since they ran out of source material. Only saying it because it's the worst example of episode-cutting in recent memory.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 22:50 on May 18, 2018

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Arist posted:

I thought they weren't going to do it until this post, and now I think it's definitely gonna happen.

Weirdly, only dusting all Inhumans.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

PierreTheMime posted:

Weirdly, only dusting all Inhumans.

I hope everyone gets dusted 'cept Zeke and Fitz because that'd be loving hilarious

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

the Inhumans got dusted years ago in the film MCU, the Netflix MCU, and the Runaways MCU. Probably the Cloak & Dagger MCU too but I haven't seen that yet

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Barry Convex posted:

the Inhumans got dusted years ago in the film MCU, the Netflix MCU, and the Runaways MCU. Probably the Cloak & Dagger MCU too but I haven't seen that yet

There's literally an Inhuman in the main cast of this show. Also; its all the same MCU.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

jivjov posted:

There's literally an Inhuman in the main cast of this show. Also; its all the same MCU.

well, yeah, in the official, nominal sense

I think it would be better off for everyone involved if the other shows dropped that pretense, though that's not really an option for AoS for obvious reasons

Barry Convex fucked around with this message at 23:28 on May 18, 2018

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Barry Convex posted:

well, yeah, in the official, nominal sense

I think it would be better off for everyone involved if the other shows dropped that pretense, though that's not really an option for AoS for obvious reasons

Yeah, cause Disney/Marvel's just gonna suddenly change their entire marketing strategy for their multimedia project

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

jivjov posted:

Yeah, cause Disney/Marvel's just gonna suddenly change their entire marketing strategy for their multimedia project

It really hasn't been a major part (if at all) of the marketing strategy for the Netflix shows, Cloak & Dagger, or Runaways; even AoS hasn't exactly played up the IW connections in its recent promos. All it seems to do at this point is get fans' hopes up for crossovers that will almost certainly never happen, and generate annoying questions during the film and TV press junkets.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The most annoying thing it generates though is nonstop Barry Convex posts about it. I know being so utterly and completely wrong about the Inhuman thing in season two after being so adamant was rough man. But you've seemed to make it your mission to constantly point out the tenuous at best nature of the connective tissue at every turn, and for what reason really? Nobody's under any illusion here that the movie and television side are buddies sharing all their details while giggling like school children about how cool the shared universe is. We all know the score. There's no need to be the guy who "called it" just because of a dumb blunder three years ago. Every Barry Convex post is just "WELL IT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER TO THE REAL STORY GUYS" and it's drat annoying.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hahaha. That was the best day ever.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Pointing out that the Netflix, television, and movie portions of the MCU don't often intersect is like watching people ooh and aah at a magic show and saying "IT'S ALL TRICKS YOU GUYS MAGIC ISN'T REAL."

We know. We're just having fun.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Episode will end with the gang at the dinner they started this season in, the snappening will occur,
and season 6 will open with them being unsnapped and proceeding to demolish said diner.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

X-O posted:

The most annoying thing it generates though is nonstop Barry Convex posts about it. I know being so utterly and completely wrong about the Inhuman thing in season two after being so adamant was rough man. But you've seemed to make it your mission to constantly point out the tenuous at best nature of the connective tissue at every turn, and for what reason really? Nobody's under any illusion here that the movie and television side are buddies sharing all their details while giggling like school children about how cool the shared universe is. We all know the score. There's no need to be the guy who "called it" just because of a dumb blunder three years ago. Every Barry Convex post is just "WELL IT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER TO THE REAL STORY GUYS" and it's drat annoying.

Half the reason I made an rear end of myself about Inhumans was that I was (correctly) convinced that the TV side of the MCU would never be relevant to the film side, so at least give me points for thematic consistency here. :P

(The other half was that I was convinced that the show introducing Inhumans meant that it would have to become relevant to the films, which was where I hosed up)

also, I very much disagree that no one is under that illusion, but whatevs. if you haven’t adamantly insisted that AOS “had to” directly connect to the ending of IW, I’m probably not arguing with you

Barry Convex fucked around with this message at 00:50 on May 19, 2018

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

hamsystem posted:

the snappening

Oh, snap. You figured out the title of the next Avengers movie, directed by M. Night himself.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
If I remembered correctly (mostly by following Clark Gregg on twitter) they filmed the finale like 2 weeks before Infinity War so maybe they got told what was going to happen in the end of that movie to tie it in with the show.

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

If Stephen Colbert's show can do that effect with Deadpool, I imagine AoS can afford it if needed.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I still stand by they won't actually do what people are expecting due to IW. It's still in theaters and I'd think they'd want to refrain from completely spoiling the ending even though everyone knows how it ends.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
They've already got their billion dollars, I doubt they give a gently caress.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Medullah posted:

I still stand by they won't actually do what people are expecting due to IW. It's still in theaters and I'd think they'd want to refrain from completely spoiling the ending even though everyone knows how it ends.

Not if they just show it happen and the one guy who only watches AoS and refuses to see Avengers movies in the theaters or read the internet will go "Waaahh?"

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Thank you May for getting rid of the stupid "Makes you stronger poo poo" they wanted to inject into the guy with mega powers

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Ah, poo poo, Talbot's going to eat Robin's mom.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
:lol: poor Mack

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Congrats on your promotion Mack, I'm sure you'll be in that position for a very very long time...

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

RIP Mack

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Boy howdy, I'm glad the sound keeps cutting out on my TV signal. Also :rip: Mack and Robin's mom.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

Good god, how many death flags can one character have thrown on his in one short period of time?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
"...Or you find the strength in your arms to beat his rear end down."

gently caress yeah, Coulson. :black101:

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Mack is going to survive to break the loop, right? Right?? :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Mack is going to survive to break the loop, right? Right?? :stonk:

I'm leaning towards Mack dies saving Robin's mom and that breaks it.

EDIT: Motherfucker, if they kill Fitz...

TARDISman fucked around with this message at 02:40 on May 19, 2018