Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Eric's wife sounded like she wasn't in the studio but at another location, perhaps on Skype or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

sexpig by night posted:

Gillian Anderson gives so little fucks it's an inspiration. Both she and Duchovny came back happy to do more and just wound up so done by the end of this trainwreck.

Yep, though it seems that they came out of it better friends than they ever had been. Just imagine if Vince Gilligan or Darin Morgan spearheaded that revival instead and not Chris Carter who was never much good to begin with.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

It is pants-on-head bonkers they didn’t give it to Gilligan after the lukewarm reception of season 10. Not only does he have a top-ten episode under his belt, that Breaking Bad mojo would have done wonders.

Dr Monkeysee
Oct 11, 2002

just a fox like a hundred thousand others
Nap Ghost
Did Gilligan even want it? He's co-showrunning Better Call Saul these days.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

AceOfFlames posted:

Or Robin Williams playing Hunter S. Thompson.

It's amazing to me that nobody got this idea. Like Depp was okay in The Rum Diary but Williams would have been much better in that role.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Both of the new X-files seasons were pretty drat good in the middle. The problem with them was they were both bookended by horrible Chris Carter episodes that spat in the face of the characters and any fans that were still onboard. I get that he’s the creator, but someone should have wrestled control away from him. How you can keep churning out absolute failures like he did towards the end of his run and be allowed to keep trying, I have no idea.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Chris Carter is yet another creator who doesn't seem to get his own creation.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

precision posted:

It's amazing to me that nobody got this idea. Like Depp was okay in The Rum Diary but Williams would have been much better in that role.

Depp LOOKS a lot more like Thompson though. Also since Depp and Thompson were so close, I like to think he has Thompson's blessing to play him whenever.

clown shoes posted:

Chris Carter is yet another creator who doesn't seem to get his own creation.

Even before I Want To Believe people were saying that writers like Morgan and Wong were the true talent behind the show. I agree that they should have Roddenberry'd him out of the revival.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 20:01 on May 19, 2018

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

AceOfFlames posted:

Even before I Want To Believe people were saying that writers like Morgan and Wong were the true talent behind the show. I agree that they should have Roddenberry'd him out of the revival.

Yeah, Carter seems better at finding and fostering talent.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Do you guys watch the movies before you listen to the podcast? For most of the movies I haven't seen I still enjoy the cast but some of them are a bit harder to enjoy with watching the movie beforehand.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
just smh if you haven't already seen every terrible movie that exists

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Depends on the movie. I rewatched the Transformers movies last year and Spider-man 3 when they did them, but I also enjoy how bafflingly stupid those movies are.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I subscribed to the Patreon a few days ago and watched Bright before listening to that episode.

That was a bad idea. Nobody watch Bright. Learn from my mistakes. Dear god, I implore you :negative:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Bright is good actually.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Ulio posted:

Do you guys watch the movies before you listen to the podcast? For most of the movies I haven't seen I still enjoy the cast but some of them are a bit harder to enjoy with watching the movie beforehand.

I've barely even heard of half of these movies

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

precision posted:

Bright is good actually.

It was dumb as hell and had nothing at all to say about race, but by gawd, I will watch any drat movie they want to make if it has centaur cops and elf ninjas in flaming Armani suits.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Bright is like 300 level bad.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I wonder if the "Mom, GET OVER HERE" jokes predate their learning of incels.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

GoutPatrol posted:

I wonder if the "Mom, GET OVER HERE" jokes predate their learning of incels.

They missed a golden opportunity to bring that back in the scene where the guy tries to get his girlfriend to put on his mom's lingerie in Dr. Giggles

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Dr Monkeysee posted:

Did Gilligan even want it? He's co-showrunning Better Call Saul these days.

Nah, he got asked to contribute but he said that he was too busy. If it wasn't for BETTER CALL SAUL then he probably would've.

Pops Mgee posted:

Both of the new X-files seasons were pretty drat good in the middle. The problem with them was they were both bookended by horrible Chris Carter episodes that spat in the face of the characters and any fans that were still onboard. I get that he’s the creator, but someone should have wrestled control away from him. How you can keep churning out absolute failures like he did towards the end of his run and be allowed to keep trying, I have no idea.

The best episode of the first go round with the werewolf, was a THE NIGHT STALKER script that Darin Morgan never got to use, so he pretty much just did a find and replace on the names instead. Carter is still just endlessly wrapped up in his stupid overarching plot nonsense. He feels like a real 'right place right time' type of guy, particularly considering that MILLENNIUM got vastly better when he left and Morgan and Wong took over.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

DrVenkman posted:

He feels like a real 'right place right time' type of guy, particularly considering that MILLENNIUM got vastly better when he left and Morgan and Wong took over.

Holy crap, yes. Millennium S2 is probably one of my favorite seasons of anything for the absolutely wild ride. I just kinda pretend it ended on that finale.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Hey cool! Witless Protection. Gonna crack me open a cold Dick Beer and listen to this on the way to work.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Oof this is hard listening. Thank god I'm never going to see these movies with my own two eyes.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/998898358809956353

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Man the dollman episode where they talk about dollman vs demonic toys band was so good.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Ulio posted:

Man the dollman episode where they talk about dollman vs demonic toys band was so good.

Just so Eric knows, because I know he reads the thread sometimes: Dollman vs Demonic Toys is not an episode, it's mostly a clipshow of other Full Moon movies

Puppet Master vs Demonic Toys might be, but it's REALLY bad

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

“37? Those are Wilt Chamberlain numbers!” and the Clerks goofs killed me. Never seen like the last half of X-files or the 2nd movie but I don’t really think I’m in any rush now.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I literally just started rewatching Twin Peaks season 3 last night, so hearing this Larry the Cable Guy in the Black Lodge bit has me dying laughing.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

What did this say, the tweets are protected now.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

GoutPatrol posted:

What did this say, the tweets are protected now.

Something about SJWs and there was a screencap of clicking "unsubscribe" on iTunes.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

I only caught up again with the current episodes a while ago, so I only just recently learned about the extra Patreon exclusive episodes.

I have to say that it might have been the perfect news at the perfect time, because for a while I was starting to feel iffy about paying eight bucks a month just for a monthly Nexus, even if it's really great. The extra content of another monthly WHM eased that feeling quite a bit.

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Just so Eric knows, because I know he reads the thread sometimes: Dollman vs Demonic Toys is not an episode, it's mostly a clipshow of other Full Moon movies

Puppet Master vs Demonic Toys might be, but it's REALLY bad

This broke my heart, I was looking forward to an amazingly bad Full Moon crossover and Dollman is one of my favorite stupid movie concepts in general.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
What do we call the "Mr. Domino's" bits? I mean the character is technically not Mr. Domnio's as he's pleading his case to Mr. Domino's

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

What do we call the "Mr. Domino's" bits? I mean the character is technically not Mr. Domnio's as he's pleading his case to Mr. Domino's

pizza insurance

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
'Zastate Insurance Agency

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Steve tweeted, months ago that (paraphrasing) "You do not need to submit a letter of resignation to a podcast" and I really think it's about the most sensible way to think about this.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

https://twitter.com/stephensajdak/status/1001238887015047169

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
New episode might be an all timer holy poo poo! Blob the movie theater usher had me dying.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pops Mgee posted:

New episode might be an all timer holy poo poo! Blob the movie theater usher had me dying.

I'm only 20 minutes in, and I'm losing it here at my desk

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The most recent Nexus was S-Tier as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Bad Brooklyn Comic Facts had me dead.