Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I'm okay with Asia winning, but I felt so frustrated for Monet. Has there been another queen who has done so well in challenges, but consistently falls short on the runway? Not that this runway was bad (it was amazing), but I think the judges would've given it to her if she had worn heels and an actual wig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Monet was robbed but honestly I liked Aquaria more than Asia too, even just for the robot "Where my people at?"

But H O L Y S H I T none, and I mean none, of that skit was funny. At all.
Like are there really people watching this show who go OH MY GOD IT'S LIKE LAGANGA ON SEASON 6 AHAHAHAH

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

Oh yes and I agree that skit was loving dire. I wish they'd move past referencing old bits from past seasons but I guess they'll NEVER loving DIE

The show has been referencing itself from like season 2. It's always been this way.

esperterra fucked around with this message at 08:12 on May 18, 2018

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Also this ep made me actively shout yes at my tv, dat double shantay was too good. I'm so glad Kameron is still in the game, and Eureka as well tbh. Cracker's my weakest link right now!

Time for Untucked.

e: laganja jokes are gr8 gently caress the haters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDlbg01xXiY

also laganja is a fierce and great queen, and how terrible she was on season 6 is comedy gold

e2: the skit was terrible however, this is a given

esperterra fucked around with this message at 08:20 on May 18, 2018

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Eureka in Untucked :shobon:

That might have been the most heartwarming Untucked ever.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Also lol at last week Cracker trying to tell Aquaria how to appear more vulnerable and relatable, then this week Ru trying to give Cracker the same advice she v clearly needs.

also 'she has resting Mrs Doubtfire face'

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I loving cackled when they introduced "Breastworld" then I was reminded how terrible Drag Race's pre-scripted sketch challenges are

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

jit bull transpile posted:

Their makeup isn't bad, it's extremely stylized. You may have noticed they have pretty developed individual anesthetics. It's a big part of what they sell as performers. Ilana was also wearing a bra under a jacket.

They're awesome and if you want to criticize them you have to fight me with punchy fists.

I couldn't make it through even half of an episode of their show, but they were great guests. It makes me want to look into their stand-up (I'm assuming they've done stand-up).

I'm glad Kameron got to stay, but between that challenge performance and Ru's werkroom words, the writing seems to be on the wall for her. Shame :(

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

esperterra posted:

Cracker's my weakest link right now!
It's kinda insane how coming into episode 1, so many people (myself included) were worried that Cracker was just going to be another Bob or Bianca; just winning all the way through with the crown all but promised from the start. She's not good on this show. Kinda like Katya, actually - you might be super entertaining and talented when you're off the show, but this environment makes you a wreck.

I'm surprised at how far Cracker's made it honestly. My picks for top 3 before the season started were Cracker, Monique, and Yuhua. Now though, eesh.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

blizzardvizard posted:

I loving cackled when they introduced "Breastworld" then I was reminded how terrible Drag Race's pre-scripted sketch challenges are

All of them are hot garbo, but I put this one near the top actually because nobody’s performance made me want to crawl into a hole and die.

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

Okay, who was #17 in the pit crew lineup?

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

tote up a bags posted:

Agreed. I think the only time I laughed was when Aquaria said: "Where my people at?" Monet absolutely polished that turd of a script.

No one said Vanjie this ep :(

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
That challenge was pretty bad. Old season references are getting reeeeaally tired.
That double shantay was bad.

I'm really feeling for Miz Cracker :(
It's like you can see her confidence waning as the season goes on and she wants harder and harder to succeed. I think it would have been a different story if she had edged out a win on one of those early challenges instead of just being high all the time.

Also, Aquaria is piiiiiissed that she didn't win that challenge.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

So my only thing is with these double stays happening more, don't they know ahead of time how many episodes they have for the season? So you could, in theory, look at the length of the schedule and the queen count and know from the beginning a double chantay was coming in a season. I think they both earned the right to stay but it doesn't feel like a surprise when it happens.

I think the most you could do is narrow it down and say we're either getting a double shante or an eliminated queen is returning but it could be either really, plus you have to potentially factor in a double elimination

Does anyone else think Monet would have won this week if she just wore some loving big hair on the runway like Ru and the judges have been practically begging her to do every week, because I do.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

The Berzerker posted:

I think the most you could do is narrow it down and say we're either getting a double shante or an eliminated queen is returning but it could be either really, plus you have to potentially factor in a double elimination

Does anyone else think Monet would have won this week if she just wore some loving big hair on the runway like Ru and the judges have been practically begging her to do every week, because I do.

big hair would have helped but her look was not that great imo

Monet has good concepts, the execution is consistently... rather shoddy

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Like Ru said, if Monet slapped on some heels and some bigass hair it would have sold that look tenfold.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Also I feel like the show always accounts for either a returning queen ep or a double shantay. But it's possible they just always assume they may end up with an extra episode and go from there-- I don't think they PLAN to have a double shantay in a season. This is the first in a main season since six. And the first earned one since 5 imho.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I was wondering how they would stretch the season out until Pride, but with the break and this week it's clear.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

esperterra posted:

Like Ru said, if Monet slapped on some heels and some bigass hair it would have sold that look tenfold.

Yeah it's probably best if the joke looks are in addition to the glam and not replacing/detracting from it unless they're amazingly funny.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

esperterra posted:

Also I feel like the show always accounts for either a returning queen ep or a double shantay. But it's possible they just always assume they may end up with an extra episode and go from there-- I don't think they PLAN to have a double shantay in a season. This is the first in a main season since six. And the first earned one since 5 imho.

Kenya definitely was a head scratcher as to what ru was seeing there.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

tote up a bags posted:

Like are there really people watching this show who go OH MY GOD IT'S LIKE LAGANGA ON SEASON 6 AHAHAHAH

Gay comedian Joel Kim Booster said that he would do some punch ups on these scripts for free even. But yeah, it's sad how unfunny all of this was.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Kenya definitely was a head scratcher as to what ru was seeing there.

Kenya was Michelle and Santino who judging by their other pick being Carmen the season before, they were picking the fishiest contestant.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
Please enjoy this incredibly accurate recreation of this past lip synch made with The Sims:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT5kxJKikMA

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

garthoneeye posted:

Kenya was Michelle and Santino who judging by their other pick being Carmen the season before, they were picking the fishiest contestant.

Does anyone know more about Kenya? When I look an her I see someone who has been on hormones for a few months but you'd think that'd be a well known scoop if she was.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Kenya has been out as trans for a whiiile now.

e: according to willam it was known she was on hormones during filming as well and the producers may have been hoping she would bring it up

esperterra fucked around with this message at 00:25 on May 19, 2018

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

pretty lovely to try and identify trans people but hey what do I know
not like they may want privacy through what is typically a difficult time in someone's life
or that they maybe want to come out on their own loving time

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

tbf Kenya has been out for years now and was likely out during filming S4, but yeah the initial question was a bit of a choice.

But hey as a gay person I'm often wondering/trying to find out if people I suspect may be gay are, I imagine trans people do the same sometimes and I doubt it was meant w/ bad intent anyway.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Bad intent or no, it's still pretty lovely. People deserve their privacy, especially when their gender or sexual orientation are concerned. Why is this so difficult for people to understand?

Does anyone know more about Kenya? When I look an her I see someone who has been on hormones for a few months but you'd think that'd be a well known scoop if she was.

Scoop? What an rear end in a top hat thing to say.

Nah I've been making this comment all thread.
Based on what esperterra just posted its possible she's on a low dose of Spiro and e to androgynize rather than a full dose to feminize. Her face definitely had that look of someone early in a hormone treatment regimen but honestly it's a bit gross to try to scientifically analyze someone's gender from their face so I'm gonna drop this line of reasoning, lol.

Bolded for emphasis because seriously.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Mouse Dresser posted:

Please enjoy this incredibly accurate recreation of this past lip synch made with The Sims:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT5kxJKikMA

I never knew I needed this in my life. :allears:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

the escape goat posted:

Bad intent or no, it's still pretty lovely. People deserve their privacy, especially when their gender or sexual orientation are concerned. Why is this so difficult for people to understand?

Scoop? What an rear end in a top hat thing to say.

Bolded for emphasis because seriously.

Fair tbh

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Whatever dude. I meant that drag race online fans get hella crazy about trans people on the show (look at Carmen's reception at drag con, jeez) and I figured it'd be something that come up a lot. I wasn't watching the show live back then so I haven't heard some of this stuff.

But yeah, go ahead and accuse me of being a transphobe. Read whatever you need to into my posts to get your hate quota in for the day.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
The fact that Kenya is trans and the producers knew makes it abundantly clear how ridiculous our society's standards on nudity are because she showed her nips and butt multiple times and they didn't blur it. But if she was out on the show they totally would have.

Anyway, I liked Kenya for the weird little ball of energy she was but she didn't do great on the show. I'm glad she's living authentically now. It makes me happy every time a RPDR girl comes out (for the second time) because you know they have to overcome a lot to do it with how hostile the fanbase can be toward trans queens.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Whatever dude. I meant that drag race online fans get hella crazy about trans people on the show (look at Carmen's reception at drag con, jeez) and I figured it'd be something that come up a lot. I wasn't watching the show live back then so I haven't heard some of this stuff.

But yeah, go ahead and accuse me of being a transphobe. Read whatever you need to into my posts to get your hate quota in for the day.

Like literally all I meant is that if you mention Gia Gunn, someone will instantly bring up her gender. Ditto Carmen. But I hadn't seen ppl have the same reaction with Kenya. Sorry I worded my posts casually after so many people pmd me to tell me I'm too serious in here all the time.

Eureka is not the most polarizing character this season, it's me!

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I didn’t call you a transphobe, I said that it’s lovely to sit around making assumptions about someone’s gender identity but you can feel free to see what you want to see in my statements 🙄

Show related content because this detail has gotten boring-

Eureka didn’t deserve to stay; she had a stunning runway last night, but when is the last time she truly brought something new to the table?

Kameron should’ve won that lip sync outright. Keeping her old lady character for the first part was inspired, and she really brought it the entire time.
It’s obvious that they’re setting up an Aquaria v Miz lip sync and the fact that the producers are pushing this riggamorris storyline is definitely disappointing.
Definitely worried about Miz. Started out very strong, but she’s so stuck in her own head.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

the escape goat posted:

but when is the last time she truly brought something new to the table?
Last episode she didn't have a hidden deep trauma over an aspect of the challenge, that's new?

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Whalley posted:

Last episode she didn't have a hidden deep trauma over an aspect of the challenge, that's new?

It was pretty cool to see her actively overcome her fear of destroying her knee again- seeing her throw in those high kicks was pretty :3:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I liked both lip syncs but this was a case where I wish they could split screen it because obviously both routines impressed ru but we don't get to see the entirety of either.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

It would be A++ if they did that on the WoW YouTube channel!

With every lip sync in herstory. Even season 1.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

the escape goat posted:

It would be A++ if they did that on the WoW YouTube channel!

With every lip sync in herstory. Even season 1.

You and I, we have some common ground.

Really I think they should pepper it into all lip syncs so that in the future they can just split screen a whole one and you won't notice at first and then you'll be like OH SHI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
If they put all the lipsyncs on WoW Presents Plus it would be worth paying for imo

• Locked thread