Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

DAISY NO

e: oh that's not what I thought would happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Laters Talbot

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Goddammit this show stresses me out more than it should after how off and on this season was.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

holy gently caress she shot him into space

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

MOTHERFUCKER DID THEY REALLY...

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Daisy just punted Gravitalbot off the planet.

...And man. FitzSimmons is just never allowed to be happy.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Thank god there is another Fitz in space right now

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

gently caress you Whedons.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm mad as hell right now

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

achillesforever6 posted:

We're totally cracking open the cold boy with the rest of the boys, aren't we?

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

achillesforever6 posted:

Oh you motherfucker...

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

gently caress it, should have let the world crack. This wasn't worth it.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Time loop...broken...:stare:

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Space Fitz also has the cool robot man. I wonder if he has a way to give space Fitz memories from dead Fitz.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Space Fitz will show up only to get dusted by the snap

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

Mage_Boy posted:

Space Fitz also has the cool robot man. I wonder if he has a way to give space Fitz memories from dead Fitz.

Please, if you don't think the writers aren't gonna jump the gently caress all over Fitz not remembering his own wedding you're nuts...

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

HWAT

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

YOU FUCKS

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

SON OF A BITCH I FORGOT ABOUT THAT.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

Lol literally retired to Tahiti

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Of course they left him in Tahiti.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

GLOSS posted:

Lol literally retired to Tahiti

That owns pretty hard.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yeah, they didn't reference it, but I'm not that surprised

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

Well I guess cutting 2 of your biggest actors from the budget helps going into next season...

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

GLOSS posted:

Well I guess cutting 2 of your biggest actors from the budget helps going into next season...

Yeah, way more surprised about this honestly, they did nothing to undo Coulson's death.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

That would have been a satisfying end to the series. It focused on the team and emotional closure and nicely tied into every season.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Arist posted:

Yeah, they didn't reference it, but I'm not that surprised

If I took a guess (which I've been wrong about all night), they'll open season 6 with the cast getting snapped.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

TARDISman posted:

If I took a guess (which I've been wrong about all night), they'll open season 6 with the cast getting snapped.

Season 6 is airing next summer, they're completely bypassing Infinity War and its sequel.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
What an amazing finale. Nice callback to the pilot with the hula-girl figurine.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I'm fine with a 13 ep. order and I'm glad that they get to deal with Infinity War as part of their story since there's so much cool stuff they can do with it. I'm more interested if the show takes place in between the two avengers movies, but if they do skip past it it's fair play since so much of the movies have been skipping past having the TV show involved, and they shouldn't necessarily be beholden to what happens in the movies with that being the case, even if they are technically supposed to be in the same universe.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

Zebulon posted:

Season 6 is taking place next summer, they're completely bypassing Infinity War and its sequel.

Comedy option: next season starts with the pilot to the Zephyr getting snapped, and since May is on the ground and not there to take over, it crashes and kills everyone else aboard, and we cut to Coulson reaching into his pocket pulling out a pager...

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

Agents of Shield season 5: It is pretty magical

Dracorion
Jul 23, 2013
I have so many questions. Actually just four:

When did Daisy get the Centipede serum, and why did she even tell Coulson to go back and take it? Why did she even take it if she really wanted Coulson to live?

What exactly was the turning point that changed the future?

The shot of Fitz's injury was really brief. They really couldn't pull out that piece of shrapnel out of him, finished digging him out, and taken him back? Or was it going clear through the side of his abdomen? Like I said it was a really brief shot.

Seriously, there's no closure on Deke? We don't know if he vanished from existence or just took off? (Though I was half expecting him to get dusted at the end.)

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

Dracorion posted:

When did Daisy get the Centipede serum, and why did she even tell Coulson to go back and take it? Why did she even take it if she really wanted Coulson to live?

The shot of Fitz's injury was really brief. They really couldn't pull out that piece of shrapnel out of him, finished digging him out, and taken him back? Or was it going clear through the side of his abdomen? Like I said it was a really brief shot.

Seriously, there's no closure on Deke? We don't know if he vanished from existence or just took off? (Though I was half expecting him to get dusted at the end.)

Coulson managed to hide it on Daisy (NOTE: I'm only getting this from the show review on IGN, I didn't see where it happened but I'm gonna guess the screener could be watched a few times over), the turning point was Fitz realizing "Oh poo poo, both those people loving die in the bad future we should go save them", I'm guessing the fact that Fitz couldn't feel his legs meant the rebar probably went right through his organs and spine and he was probably hosed if they tried to move him anyway, and yeah, I dunno if they kept Deke intentionally vague to figure out whether they can fit him into next season's budget or not.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Dracorion posted:

Coulson snuck the serum in her Quake gauntlets.

The lack of closure on Deke was weird, but Jemma did have his tool at the end so maybe that was to show he still existed.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Dracorion posted:

I can do 3: Coulson took the serum and slipped it into Daisy's gauntlet when he shoved her kit in her arms. Coulson specifically sacrificing himself was the turning point. And that shrapnel was in Fitz's gut, that is not a good thing that is easy to deal with on something as minor as a knife wound, much less a huge bit of building in his abdomen.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Deke's last conversation with Daisy indicated that he wanted to see the world before he potentially disappeared. I guess they had him to go early to keep his fate vague/not spoil the death/not spoil the "get Fitz from space" plan.

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

As a Chicagoan I was sad that Gravitalbot missed taking down Trump Tower.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Agents of S.H.I.E.LD. S5 - "I think my leg is broken."

(Okay, no, that would be too cruel)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S5 - "It really is magical..."