Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Eureka's lip sync was boring compared to Kameron and she's overstayed her welcome by five episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Lord Hamsterbottom posted:

For real though that is the least flattering underwear ever
Rounderbum is literally designed to be underneath pants, it's built in padding for dudes that relies on the thicker/looser fabric of what's over them to sell the illusion. What a terrible brand to promote in a "take off your pants" mini challenge.

esperterra posted:

Like Ru said, if Monet slapped on some heels and some bigass hair it would have sold that look tenfold.
Big hair, yes. Heels, ehhhhh I don't know. The sequin house slippers helped sell the character more than a pair of stilettos would have.

In what loving world was Aquaria's runway a 71 year old woman? Where is it?

I'm not a part of the Eureka Hate Brigade but I would really, really like her to go now. We've seen what she can do and we don't need to see it again. Kameron is giving me Yetta from the Nanny and I love it.
And though i want to see Eureka go, that lipsync was absolutely deserving of a double shantay, poo poo was amazing. it wasn't the best lipsync mouth-moving-to-words wise, but it was entertaining as hell and they were both into it.

jit bull transpile posted:

So my only thing is with these double stays happening more, don't they know ahead of time how many episodes they have for the season? So you could, in theory, look at the length of the schedule and the queen count and know from the beginning a double chantay was coming in a season. I think they both earned the right to stay but it doesn't feel like a surprise when it happens.

There could also be a returning queen episode, or a season 9 situation where no one is eliminated in episode 1. Drag Race fucks with the elimination formula so often that the episode count isn't really a spoiler.

the escape goat posted:

It would be A++ if they did that on the WoW YouTube channel!

With every lip sync in herstory. Even season 1.

Please, please start uploading the footage of the good lipsyncs from each season. Start with Shut Up And Drive. If there's a demand for audience phone recordings of full stage performances from the queens, there's demand for full lipsyncs. Monetize that poo poo and slap a single camera angle on it and you have easy extra money with little effort.
EDIT: Upload a second version of each of these videos that's just Carson

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

While I'd love to see the full tapes, it would also show when they sent the person who won the LSFYL home despite their performance. You know that happens.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Pinwiz11 posted:

While I'd love to see the full tapes, it would also show when they sent the person who won the LSFYL home despite their performance. You know that happens.

#Justice4Tammie

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Pinwiz11 posted:

They can always pick and choose which lipsyncs to upload, like they can just not show those lipsyncs with rigged results. Cause on the other hand we also have lipsyncs like Latrice's Natural Woman that she obviously won and lots of people would love to see the full version of.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I desperately want a full video of drunk Juju singing Black Velvet mostly from the ground.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

blizzardvizard posted:

They can always pick and choose which lipsyncs to upload, like they can just not show those lipsyncs with rigged results. Cause on the other hand we also have lipsyncs like Latrice's Natural Woman that she obviously won and lots of people would love to see the full version of.

not there yet on me rewatch but I remember being really pissed by this the first time

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Pissed about who won or pissed it was short? Because it was one of the clearest winners of like every season lol

Kenya ilu gurl but that was a choice

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

esperterra posted:

Pissed about who won or pissed it was short? Because it was one of the clearest winners of like every season lol

Kenya ilu gurl but that was a choice

I was misremembering why I was pissed. My brain told me that's when Latrice went out but I just went and youtubed it and the crankiness was that the camera ever left her.

I think I was mentally mixing it with one of the several times a black queen killing a soulful song has gone out to a white girl spazzing and missing the vibe of the song.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Queens pop off their skirts, cumbersome outfits and (goddamnit) their shoes; dunno why she didn’t pop out that belly before doing crazy acrobatics.

Another reason I was all huffy about Eureka staying- she took her shoes off! NO!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

ngl I kind of let the big girls slide when it comes to taking their shoes off, at least if they're going to turnt it out. Heels suck and I can't imagine wearing them with that much weight.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

esperterra posted:

ngl I kind of let the big girls slide when it comes to taking their shoes off, at least if they're going to turnt it out. Heels suck and I can't imagine wearing them with that much weight.

As a 295 pound size 15 shoe woman, I can tell you it sucks. If I wear an "average" girly heel I will have swollen angry ankles and crackling knees and my back feels like death. And it's not like I'm out of shape, I used to deadlift close to 600 pounds. I live in Blowfish Malibu flats.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

esperterra posted:

Yeah I'm pretty blatantly anti Eureka but taking off the shoes was a total non issue for me. Replacing dancing with a taint spiral though, ugh

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Whalley posted:

Yeah I'm pretty blatantly anti Eureka but taking off the shoes was a total non issue for me. Replacing dancing with a taint spiral though, ugh

its what my sister's silly dog does when it wants to scratch its rear end on the floor

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Eureka looked like a velour beach ball with appendages.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

I kinda found it funny that Eureka struggled the moment her character was supposed to be older than a toddler

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

ulvir posted:

I kinda found it funny that Eureka struggled the moment her character was supposed to be older than a toddler
:thunk:

I think it's funny that they used her lazy "pew" (which was more like a "puh") hairdryer gunshot in the final version.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

:same: because I thought it was funnier that way

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Propaganda Machine posted:

Eureka looked like a velour beach ball with appendages.

Veruca Salt at 50

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Flyinglemur posted:

Veruca Salt at 50

Good band.

Also my new drag name is Madame Novaries, please update your spreadsheets

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?

I think I was mentally mixing it with one of the several times a black queen killing a soulful song has gone out to a white girl spazzing and missing the vibe of the song.

This has happened several times? Eh? I remember TKB/Chi Chi/Latrice annihilating Milk/Thorgy/Kenya (respectively) to a soulful performance but I’m drawing blanks on the inverse.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah I can't think of one either tbh. Maybe a queen who was on her third LSFYL, so was p much guaranteed to go home anyway?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

esperterra posted:

Yeah I can't think of one either tbh. Maybe a queen who was on her third LSFYL, so was p much guaranteed to go home anyway?

Probably. When I hit one that sticks out ill post about it.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

That underwear was really terrible. I know the pit crew has better assets than shown.

I'm always worried when a queen lip syncs to Patti but Kameron was feeling it and really sold it.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Chaotic Flame posted:

That underwear was really terrible. I know the pit crew has better assets than shown.

There was one pair that was like just boyshorts for men they looked OK, but the ones with huge center pads all looked like they had adult diapers under.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

You and I, we have some common ground.

Really I think they should pepper it into all lip syncs so that in the future they can just split screen a whole one and you won't notice at first and then you'll be like OH SHI

They should just chuck a VR camera at eye level in front of the stage so you can watch it on your google cardboard or whatev and decide who you want to look at.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

CaptainScraps posted:

Eureka's lip sync was boring compared to Kameron and she's overstayed her welcome by five episodes.

100% agreed. It was enthusiastic and energetic, but there was nothing new, compelling, or interesting about it.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Trig Discipline posted:

100% agreed. It was enthusiastic and energetic, but there was nothing new, compelling, or interesting about it.

I'd never seen a taint spiral before so it was new to me. :v:

Plus she was pulling out even more extreme moves than the time she bust her knee in season 9 which I think may have earned her some points.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I think it's less the quality of the lip sync and the fact Ru could tell she really wanted it. Kameron may have turnt it out more but Eureka was fighting to keep her spot and it showed. It was a good lip sync imo.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I'd never seen a taint spiral before so it was new to me. :v:

I've seen a taint spiral into depression and drug use. It's not pretty.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Well I mean it wasn't that pretty to begin with but it got worse.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Trig Discipline posted:

I've seen a taint spiral into depression and drug use. It's not pretty.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Spiral taints on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched inseams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Spiral taints on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched inseams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.

:five:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. And don't gently caress it up!

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Spiral taints on fire off the shoulder of Orion.

This was during a pairs figure skating routine, I assume?

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. And don't gently caress it up!

loving lmao. I would kill for a queen to do a Pris look.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I was kind of meh for most of the episode. Some good moments but, eh. Aquaria surprised me in a good way.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
This morning my 73 year old mother said, in correct context, "If you can't love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else? I'll bet you didn't think I actually paid attention, did you?"

She's alright sometimes.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Hi kicks, lady flips. All of these are yours. But not your taint, attempt no spiral there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Flyinglemur posted:

This morning my 73 year old mother said, in correct context, "If you can't love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else? I'll bet you didn't think I actually paid attention, did you?"

She's alright sometimes.

Did you give her an Amen up in there?

• Locked thread