Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Lambert posted:

100% wrong, the Xbox UI is really terrible. Everything is badly laid out, simple things are needlessly complex. I just want to take some screenshots.

Sony got it very much right with the PS4.

Just lol if you don't have an SSD in your console.

For the fifth time all you have to do is hit guide then Y.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Beastie posted:

Wow, it really is that easy. What are people bitching about then.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
I have no problems with the Xbox UI since they got rid of the terrible “double tap the Xbox button for the guide, single press to go home” action that never worked properly

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Lambert posted:

100% wrong, the Xbox UI is really terrible.

Condolences on your massive concussion that led you to this belief.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Beastie posted:

I know this. I want to take screenshots while playing, not pop up a menu and then take a screenshot. That's intrusive and annoying. You don't have to explain away every obvious UI failing the Xbone has.

fishmech posted:

Condolences on your massive concussion that led you to this belief.

Sorry you don't know what you are talking about.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
For all the changes they've made to the UI and all the functionality they've stripped from Kinect, the original voice commands are still the best way to navigate the Xbox or any console.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Lambert posted:

I know exactly what I'm talking about, PS4 ui is warmed over ps2 dvr ui which sucks lmao.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

fishmech posted:

I know exactly what I'm talking about, PS4 ui is warmed over ps2 dvr ui which sucks lmao.

Hmmm

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I prefer the PS4 UI but it's slow as gently caress compared to Xbox which is not something I look for in a UI.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

I prefer the PS4 UI but it's slow as gently caress compared to Xbox which is not something I look for in a UI.

Uhhh whats wrong with your ps4 or my xbox?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The UI itself isn't laggy but everything takes a second or so to load on my PS4 (pro. bought it about a year ago) I dunno it could be related to my lovely internet? Xbox is very snappy for me though.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

They're both terrible and slow as gently caress.

Like what kind of standards do you guys have to call any of those UIs snappy?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Like, on PS4 my friends list, video apps, any info when you push down on games icon etc. take anywhere from a second to like 5 seconds to load. I see all that stuff instantly on XBox.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the switch eshop is so slow to load images that you can miss a sale waiting.

j/k they don't have any sales worth looking at

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Today only! get 8% off this game that looks lovely that you have never heard of!

Please feel free to browse our selection of desirable games that cost half as much on other platforms.

gonger
Apr 25, 2006

Quiet! You vegetable!

Lambert posted:

Sony got it very much right with the PS4.

I recently got a PS4 after years of talking poo poo on the Xbox UI but the PS4 is an even bigger turd. You have to click through an absurd number of screens to do even common poo poo like create a party and invite people, and you can’t interact with anything until it finishes loading content

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Lambert posted:

I know this. I want to take screenshots while playing, not pop up a menu and then take a screenshot. That's intrusive and annoying. You don't have to explain away every obvious UI failing the Xbone has.

You have to do the same thing on playstation though? The share button just brings up the screenshot menu

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vofHwP9J9Rw

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

DreamShipWrecked posted:

You have to do the same thing on playstation though? The share button just brings up the screenshot menu
You can configure it to not need to invoke the menu.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Lambert posted:

You can set it either way in "Sharing and Broadcasts"

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Bring back the blades.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Healbot posted:

They're both terrible and slow as gently caress.

Like what kind of standards do you guys have to call any of those UIs snappy?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yo how is gears 4 not a laughing stock of a game with a fat necked nathan drake protag and combat that hasnt evolved since 2006?

Binary domain is like a jillion times better than this campaign so far.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

So is there no requirement to include a playable game on a disc anymore for this system? I bought the sucker version SOD 2 because I got a pretty good discount and my buddy wanted to play it, and 75% of the game is an "update" The disc just includes some slide shows about "the apocalypse" and nothing else. There is nothing indicating this on the games case. That's sure gonna suck for a few people who buy it and don't have the internet or whatever.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

We have a console for these people, and it's the 360 with SoD1.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

Yo how is gears 4 not a laughing stock of a game with a fat necked nathan drake protag and combat that hasnt evolved since 2006?

Because it became something worse than a laughing stock.

Forgotten.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Eh the UI is fine to me. I can play the game I want to in under 5 seconds thanks to Recent Games and Pins, so who cares.

It used to be ALOT worse during the Windows 8 era. Scroll over to the Community tab if you want to see how the entire UI used to look. :barf:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

The Xbox App is pretty great and it runs smoothly.

The Sony app was so slow and made no sense.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Beastie posted:

The Xbox App is pretty great and it runs smoothly.

The Sony app was so slow and made no sense.

Theres actually 3-4 sony apps and they are all terrible

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I use the message one to post screenshots from my phone I think that's the only one I've ever touched

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Real hurthling! posted:

Theres actually 3-4 sony apps and they are all terrible

There's parity: Xbox has multiple (Xbox, Xbox Smart Glass, Xbox Accessories) as well that are all terrible. The main app is the worst, just really slow with an interface that doesn't fit any platform but Windows (and even there only just barely)

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Crossbar or whatever Sony calls their UI should have been dumped years ago.

I’ve really been enjoying the Spotify app on the Xbox, controlling it with my phone is cool and I don’t feel as pressured to upgrade my home theatre amp to one with Spotify anymore.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Real hurthling! posted:

Most people don't even realise it was released.

You can apply this to pretty much all the latest entries in all of MS exclusive franchises.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

DariusLikewise posted:

Crossbar or whatever Sony calls their UI should have been dumped years ago.

I’ve really been enjoying the Spotify app on the Xbox, controlling it with my phone is cool and I don’t feel as pressured to upgrade my home theatre amp to one with Spotify anymore.

It's great, but I hate the fact it won't let me control the volume using my phone - every other Spotify app/receiver allows this. Seems like a strange design choice (or am I missing some kind of setting?)

Lambert fucked around with this message at 20:24 on May 20, 2018

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Update on Homefront: The Revolution. The flame effect for the molotov cocktail is loaded/unloaded independently of the bottle with rag sticking out of it you hold. Not only does the bottle miraculously sprout fire a second after you draw the bottle, if you do something thay causes the bottle to instantly dissappear the flame effect lingers on your screen hovering over nothingness for a second or two before dissappearing.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Lambert posted:

It's great, but I hate the fact it won't let me control the volume using my phone - every other Spotify app/receiver allows this. Seems like a strange design choice (or am I missing some kind of setting?)

The Xbox phone app lets me do so, but I have Kinect set up to control the volume

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

spudsbuckley posted:

Most people don't even realise it was released.

You can apply this to pretty much all the latest entries in all of MS exclusive franchises.

All the MS first party franchises feel like something that gets announced and then people just see a link to the story at the side of whatever they're reading and think "oh I don't care about that anymore."

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Monday_ posted:

All the MS first party franchises feel like something that gets announced and then people just see a link to the story at the side of whatever they're reading and think "oh I don't care about that anymore."

Does anyone even see those ads anymore? It's not like people watch live TV and everyone uses adblock

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bought a Xbox one x rip me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Anybody make a pic of an s, a 360 e, and an x in a row with like a big poo poo eating grin yet?