Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

exploded mummy posted:

so instead you're feuding with a man with a hip replacement and fat dead dude

Hey now

They're both dead dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
These are some fickle mother fuckers in Monster Prom

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Macaluso posted:

Second try for Polly in Monster Prom (failed the first time) and even got her secret ending :toot:

But also :confuoot:

I'm pretty sure there's multiple event chains that result in secret endings per character

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm pretty sure there's multiple event chains that result in secret endings per character

Yeah the end screen shows there's like 1000+ different interactions and events and stuff.

Becuase I've gone for both Polly and Miranda so far though, I have seen the scene with the goths every time :v:

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I'm playing Donkey Kong Country 3 after beating Tropical Freeze.

This game is underrated.

DisDisDis posted:

gah, i wanna be a murderer and cast spells, but murderer's get phys damage up for their trait. curse attaching gameplay passives to rp poo poo and making me vaguely non optimal

What game?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

A Sometimes Food posted:

This game is underrated.

it's starts off quite strong but the level gimmicks get less and less fun as the game goes on imo

Looper fucked around with this message at 19:28 on May 19, 2018

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the atmosphere in dkc3 is cool but the game chops your movement in half by never letting you build up as much momentum as dkc2 and getting rid of the higher bounce when you hold jump and it locks a ridiculous amount of content behind some really obnoxious collectibles that you'll never want to be assed with getting

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I think DKC3 is probably the weakest of the original 3, but I DO like how every single level in 3 has some unique gimmick that isn't really repeated in other levels. The first two do something similar but not quite to the extreme degree that 3 does.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I remember being shocked when I first learned the Super Mario 64 castle theme played in DKC3.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Hooray, I beat Drakengard! :toot:

Ending A anyway. Gonna go for the rest, but... man what the gently caress, Yoko Taro. This game is fun and good but it’s like, written to actively spite every character in it. (They’re all kind of assholes, so I don’t mind, but god drat son.)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Macaluso posted:

These are some fickle mother fuckers in Monster Prom

I think the monsters care about both your stats and your relationship with them for the final check. So if you spread out your stats Polly is more likely to reject you than if you pump Fun. I think. It's not really clear.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

A Sometimes Food posted:

This game is underrated.

What game?

bastard bonds. my pc kinda looks like a guilty gear character and i like the melee animation better than the spell so i might just relent and be a rogue

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

cheetah7071 posted:

I think the monsters care about both your stats and your relationship with them for the final check. So if you spread out your stats Polly is more likely to reject you than if you pump Fun. I think. It's not really clear.

I put a ton of fun into my stats and got like 28 so I had no issues with Polly in that regard but I also think I answered all her choices correctly. I tried for Miranda and I'm not sure what stat she wants but I assume charm. I got a lot of charm but I hosed up just about every interaction with her so I failed there.

I tried for Miranda again and somehow accidentally got LIAM interested and NO THANK YOU. I took myself to prom

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Liam is a good boy. They're all good, some are just gooder than others imo

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Macaluso posted:

I think DKC3 is probably the weakest of the original 3, but I DO like how every single level in 3 has some unique gimmick that isn't really repeated in other levels. The first two do something similar but not quite to the extreme degree that 3 does.

The bosses are the absolute pits in DKC3. Way too slow and gimmicky

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dewgy posted:

Hooray, I beat Drakengard! :toot:

Ending A anyway. Gonna go for the rest, but... man what the gently caress, Yoko Taro. This game is fun and good but it’s like, written to actively spite every character in it. (They’re all kind of assholes, so I don’t mind, but god drat son.)

You haven't seen anything yet

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I never played any of the adventure mode maps in Hyrule Warriors back on the wii, anything I should know in advance of diving into those? Should I go ahead and complete the story first?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Story first is probably a good idea, the early adventure map battles are doable with low level characters but they ramp up quick and expect you to be decently leveled.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Story it is then, followed by more rain world later

This oughta be a nice weekend for games :)

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Probably a good idea to at least get all the items in story mode.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sam Faust posted:

Probably a good idea to at least get all the items in story mode.

Oh yeah this too

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Once you're past the three way split in the story mode I think you have all the items, so it's just character unlocks past that. Though I think there may have been some character specific squares in adventure mode.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I wish life had a story mode

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The Colonel posted:

the atmosphere in dkc3 is cool but the game chops your movement in half by never letting you build up as much momentum as dkc2 and getting rid of the higher bounce when you hold jump and it locks a ridiculous amount of content behind some really obnoxious collectibles that you'll never want to be assed with getting

the banana birds are dumb but iirc the only thing locked behind them is the true ending which is just a cutscene, which is also the only thing you need DK coins for

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Sakurazuka posted:

You haven't seen anything yet

Oh I know what I’m getting myself into (I already saw ending E a while back) but it’s a hell of a ride experiencing it all firsthand. :)

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

The Colonel posted:

the only content locked behind collectibles is the lost world, just like in dkc2.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i think dkc3 was much better than 1; 2 is, of course, the best of the trilogy

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
1 was very rough around the edges. LIke it had some cool ideas going for it but yeah it could've been done better, which well yeah DKC2 is pretty much the king.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Hooray! I can still get games easily in PC Titanfall 2. :toot:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

tropical freeze, then 2, then 3 and 1 are about the same

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

A Sometimes Food posted:

I find Kiddy Kong troubling

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Do they even reference Kiddy Kong now? Was we wiped from history?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oddium posted:

tropical freeze, then 2, then 3 and 1 are about the same

Bury em all in a desert landfill imo

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I maintain that the original DKC games are extremely unpleasant in terms of aesthetic and audio (the music is good but the sound effects are horrid). Its why I never wanted to play them as a kid.

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Do they even reference Kiddy Kong now? Was we wiped from history?

Chunky Kong is basically a good version of Kiddy Kong but he's dead too so :shrug:

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

I maintain that the original DKC games are extremely unpleasant in terms of aesthetic and audio (the music is good but the sound effects are horrid). Its why I never wanted to play them as a kid.

I think the sounds of some enemies getting jumped on is extremely pleasing.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Augh god-fucken-damnit Titanfall 2 is so good and it's a crime it didn't take the world by storm. Probably my favourite multiplayer shooter of all time.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 21:17 on May 19, 2018

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

the only content locked behind collectibles is the lost world, just like in dkc2.

that doesn't even get you an actual ending

you need the bonus coins to get the levels in the lost world so you can get all the dk coins

you need the dk coins to get the gyrocopter

you need to get the gyrocopter to get all the banana birds

you need the banana birds to actually get an ending and not just have another random fight where k. rool escapes after fighting him again and again

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 21:20 on May 19, 2018

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mordja posted:

Augh god-fucken-damnit Titanfall 2 is so good and it's a crime it didn't take the world by storm.

Its release period suggests EA wanted it to fail. Possibly to make it easier to acquire Respawn if you want to get :tinfoil:.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I can never get over how much EA's CEO looks as much as a supervillain as you'd expect him to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The leather lapels.

Also someone pointed out the evil CEO villain of Mirror's Edge Catalyst is a spitting image

• Locked thread