Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

When did Donald Trump start designing games at Nintendo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Dr. VooDoo posted:

When did Donald Trump start designing games at Nintendo?

Shigeru Miyamoto's just another pseudonym, like John Barron or David Dennison.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The last F-Zero GX disc is destroyed, the galaxy is at peace.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I know the leaks aren't real because they haven't revealed Splincel. You play as Sam Fisher and you take down all the vapid cunts who are oppressing you by not having sex with you.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cojawfee posted:

I know the leaks aren't real because they haven't revealed Splincel. You play as Sam Fisher and you take down all the vapid cunts who are oppressing you by not having sex with you.

Supreme gentleman sam fischer

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Your Computer posted:

To put it into perspective how bad I am at this game, I failed the sixth main story mission (Lake Hylia) on Easy.

Twice. :suicide:

Yeah I've failed a few missions on normal too. There's so much going on sometimes it's hard to know what to focus on.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I've been playing the HW story missions on hard just to get it god drat over with because CHECKMARKS!!! and each mission takes like over a half hour. It does make them more tense and fun, though. Better rewards, too, at least in rupees/materials. Haven't done enough to say whether or not you get any better weapons out of it.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
I like that they didn't bother to dub Navi in HW.

My apologies, Proxi the fairy just has an accent I guess.

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 20:18 on May 19, 2018

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

does anyone else's docked Switch not turn on in response to turning on the pro controller? I thought it was supposed to do that, I have to go push the power button to wake it from sleep

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

does anyone else's docked Switch not turn on in response to turning on the pro controller? I thought it was supposed to do that, I have to go push the power button to wake it from sleep

Mine usually takes three or so tries but it eventually wakes it up. Try un-pairing and re-pairing it to the system.

evilfunkyogi
Jun 27, 2005
:effort:

Ciaphas posted:

I've found with mine it works fine if I turn on the pro controller by pressing the home button. If I turn on the controller by pressing any other button the Switch won't start up.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I turn mine on by holding down the home button until it does a little rumble and the controller light stays on 1.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Was checking the eShop to see if there was a Mario Tennis demo up and I saw Minecraft in the "coming soon" section. Is it some update for the Minecraft I already have or is it something different?

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here
I have a gaming PC but looking to get a Nintendo console. Would the Wii U be an option or should I just go for the Switch? There’s really nothing I would be interested in except for Mario games. And even then, it’ll only get used when I feel the Mario itch.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Stan Taylor posted:

Was checking the eShop to see if there was a Mario Tennis demo up and I saw Minecraft in the "coming soon" section. Is it some update for the Minecraft I already have or is it something different?

Lol this gets answered once every 2 pages or so lately.

Minecraft is being updated. The only version is off the store. (Or will be??) Existing owners will have a patch.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

iLikeMidgets posted:

I have a gaming PC but looking to get a Nintendo console. Would the Wii U be an option or should I just go for the Switch? There’s really nothing I would be interested in except for Mario games. And even then, it’ll only get used when I feel the Mario itch.

Haha, sweet summer child...That’s what I told myself, too.

Get a Switch.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

iLikeMidgets posted:

Never buy an old console. Get the Switch.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Taear posted:

Never buy an old console. Get the Switch.

Old consoles are often really good buys since you can get them really cheap and they already have an established library.

In this case I’d just get a switch though.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

The Wii U has good exclusives including Mario games, but it’s not going to get any more, bet on the switch, I’m sure it will get plenty of Wii U ports.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm a lucky SOB because HW on Switch is the only time I have bought it.

People were gushing about how much content there is and I didn't believe them.
Then I cracked open Adventure Mode :stare:

This is going ti take over my "only have 30 minites to play" slot from Binding of Isaac.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

the wii u would be so amazing if the ui were faster

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Feenix posted:

Lol this gets answered once every 2 pages or so lately.

Minecraft is being updated. The only version is off the store. (Or will be??) Existing owners will have a patch.

This thread moves weirdly fast, I had figured someone asked but didn't scroll back far enough. Thanks for the answer though, that's a relief.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
The Wii U was a pretty good console with a bunch of really, really good games. However, most of those games are now on the Switch so there's really no reason to buy a Wii U now unless you're aching to play Mario 3D World or Maker Maker.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
How cheap can you even get a WiiU for these days? I got my WiiU basic for $200 like a year after launch and went back forth on selling it for like 6 months. It eventually got a decent library, but right now it would be really hard to justify over a switch unless money was a serious issue

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Wii U is still worth it if you plan on messing with homebrew. There’s also a few great exclusives on it that most likely won’t get Switch ports like Nintendoland, which I think is still one of the best local multiplayer games ever made.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

iLikeMidgets posted:

Switch has Mario Odyssey. Wii U doesn't. Get a Switch.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Get a Switch. Your gaming PC should be able to do anything Wii homebrew can do. Only get a Wii u if you absolutely must play old games in bed.

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here
Thanks for the responses. Looks like I’ll be getting a switch. I’m not up to speed on Nintendo so not sure what Mario games are available on each console. I just wanted to play a Mario game.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Goddamnit. Hyrule Warriors crashed right after I finished that bullshit "beat the 3 Lanas that run off at mach speed before they escape." Like it literally crashed after getting back out to menu and it didn't save my progress.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Oxyclean posted:

Goddamnit. Hyrule Warriors crashed right after I finished that bullshit "beat the 3 Lanas that run off at mach speed before they escape." Like it literally crashed after getting back out to menu and it didn't save my progress.

that was an issue that happened in fire emblem warriors until the last dlc patch

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

evilfunkyogi posted:

I've found with mine it works fine if I turn on the pro controller by pressing the home button. If I turn on the controller by pressing any other button the Switch won't start up.

This seems to be the answer, thanks. Still doesn't always happen on the first try, but seems more consistent anyway.

Hyrule Warriors owns, I haven't played it since the Wii U days adn never touched any of the DLC. I should be doing the story mode for the sake of unlocks before leaping headfirst into Adventure Mode* right?

* holy poo poo how many loving maps are there :stare:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Taear posted:

Sheik is the best character because if she attacks with Y then X and uses X again it gives her a damage shield. Since taking damage is so important it means she can easily finish any mission and not even get hit. Which is a much bigger deal in Hyrule Warriors than it is in Fire Emblem Warriors.

Does anyone know why the hell it now makes you enter the second player every single time now? I swear it didn't do that before and Fire Emblem Warriors definitely doesn't do it. It's so loving annoying!

Agreed on Sheik being the best, but you're not selecting P2 every time. You're picking your other characters to switch between with the control pad.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Has there been a let's play or something of Hyrule Warriors (that's worth watching)? I think it would be interesting to see how other, presumably better players approach the game.

I find myself stressing the gently caress out while playing it which is probably why I lost interest earlier. Everything's constantly go go go go go and since I have no grip on what's going to make me fail and what isn't, I run around like a headless chicken.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Ugh so one negative change in Hyrule Warriors Definitive is they upped the KO requirements for A rank for some, but not all, stages. So its still usually 1200 but then sometimes its 1600 with no warning because gently caress you i guess.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Does Hyrule Warriors really run that bad handheld? I don’t understand why there’s no performance/quality toggle like with Fire Emblem Warriors.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
How are you all getting 60 FPS docked in Hyrule Warriors? I'm about eight or nine levels into the Legends game type and the only time the game runs at a full 60 is in menus or if my character is looking at a wall with no other enemies on screen. It's constantly dropping down to the low 40s anytime there's more than one character on the screen for me and I can't decide whether it is intended or if my Switch is about to bite the dust. Even the smaller adventure mode maps with easy objectives like "kill 100 enemies" don't run close to 60 FPS.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Zore posted:

Ugh so one negative change in Hyrule Warriors Definitive is they upped the KO requirements for A rank for some, but not all, stages. So its still usually 1200 but then sometimes its 1600 with no warning because gently caress you i guess.

I'm still working my way through the story mode but, so far i'm easily racking up 2500 - 3000+ kills a map. It definitely feels like they've upped the fodder count (at least in story mode).

Bloodplay it again posted:

How are you all getting 60 FPS docked in Hyrule Warriors? I'm about eight or nine levels into the Legends game type and the only time the game runs at a full 60 is in menus or if my character is looking at a wall with no other enemies on screen. It's constantly dropping down to the low 40s anytime there's more than one character on the screen for me and I can't decide whether it is intended or if my Switch is about to bite the dust. Even the smaller adventure mode maps with easy objectives like "kill 100 enemies" don't run close to 60 FPS.

gently caress, you better get a refund now. There's no point in playing any more if it's going to add another 30 hours to the 100+ hours you're going to sink into it.

Kin fucked around with this message at 22:10 on May 19, 2018

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ATTN: VideoGames

https://twitter.com/japanese3ds/status/997615208175734784

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mine turns on pretty instantly from pressing the home button on the pro controller, with one caveat: it requires line of sight. Not at all when actually playing, but for turning on I need to point the top/middle towards the unit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
The piss Mario is real

• Locked thread