Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Don't slide into first, yeesh.

That said KB is seriously just too loving good for this team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

this is loving maddening

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
*sigh*

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
The Cubs are bad.

Please just loving walk it off already Reds before Joe burns the entire pen down before Game 2.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Keuchel digging a 3-run hole, Bagwell calling cutters bullshit, Preston Wilson saying he’d abolish the slider before slavery

That first inning was really something

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sydin posted:

The Cubs are bad.

Please just loving walk it off already Reds before Joe burns the entire pen down before Game 2.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Holland and Samardzija's veteran leadership has made everyone unable to throw strikes

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
The Justin Wilson experience.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The Cubs have to be the worst hitting team in history when it reaches extra innings

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Niwrad posted:

The Cubs have to be the worst hitting team in history with RISP

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Candelario has an .856 OPS

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Wilson bad

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol gently caress off

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Lol

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i honestly don't think the cubs are making the playoffs this year

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Lol walked Hamilton

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Jesus Cubs

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Cool that Justin Wilson is still on the major league roster

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Why did this guy turn to complete poo poo thr second he stepped off the plane?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

hahahaha

Justin Wilson loving sucks.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Justin Wilson is the rare example of a reliever becoming lovely after leaving Detroit.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Justin Wilson went like 7 straight appearances without a walk and I was like "wow maybe he's changed" but loving lmao nope

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Justin Wilson went like 7 straight appearances without a walk and I was like "wow maybe he's changed" but loving lmao nope

Dude literally has a 1.62 WHIP. Do not expect him to change ever again, take it as a lesson learned.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Kirios posted:

hahahaha

Justin Wilson loving sucks.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

He sucks. They should either come up with a fake injury where he can work on poo poo or DFA him.

I don't get why this team sticks with certain lovely players that Joe will never use in the playoffs anyway.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

On the plus side at least the guy Cubs traded for Wilson isn't producing at the major lea...

oh.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Wait till Eloy is jacking homers and we're still hoping Quintana can get his ERA under 5.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Also very good of Maddon to micromanage guys like Duensing and Cishek forcing him to throw Wilson out there in extras

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Niwrad posted:

Wait till Eloy is jacking homers and we're still hoping Quintana can get his ERA under 5.

Doesn't he pitch the 2nd game? gently caress.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Kirios posted:

On the plus side at least the guy Cubs traded for Wilson isn't producing at the major lea...

oh.

Eh, to be honest I'm not too annoyed by that. There was never going to be any room for Candy to get significant time with the Cubs given his primary and secondary positions are occupied by Bryant and Rizzo, but his bat had been MLB ready for like a year and a half before he finally got traded so I'm glad he's getting regular time and performing. It's more that at the time he was our top prospect and we probably could have gotten more for him than a catcher rental and an incredibly lovely reliever.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Kemp good

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Duensing looked fantastic I was surprised to get him get pulled so early.

For Astros talk:

I really, really like Tony Kemp's game. I want them to give him a honest chance to be the long term CF, he looks great at it.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Definition of pitcher
1 : a container for holding and pouring liquids that usually has a lip or spout and a handle
2 : Baseball: a guy who can throw strikes

Origin and Etymology of pitcher
Middle English picher, from Anglo-French, from Medieval Latin bicarius, n. a guy who can throw strikes

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Small sample size and all but it's nice to see Tony Kemp working out so far

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Kirios posted:

Duensing is really good and is actually fairly split neutral/almost reverse-split, but Joe absolutely insists on using him as a LOOGY and nothing else. It's weird too because he was used as a more general middle reliever last year and was fantastic, arguably one of the best guys in the pen. Not sure what has spurred Joe to be so quick with the hook on him.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Sydin posted:

Eh, to be honest I'm not too annoyed by that. There was never going to be any room for Candy to get significant time with the Cubs given his primary and secondary positions are occupied by Bryant and Rizzo, but his bat had been MLB ready for like a year and a half before he finally got traded so I'm glad he's getting regular time and performing. It's more that at the time he was our top prospect and we probably could have gotten more for him than a catcher rental and an incredibly lovely reliever.

You could move Bryant to RF and play Candelario at 3B. He's also a much better player than Caratini.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
At some point Justin "loving" Wilson was going to be used today, it's a double header. So you can't really blame Joe for waiting until extra innings.

Still, I am very tired of Justin "loving" Wilson blowing games and only being able to pitch when the Cubs have a 6+ run lead and he's facing the weakest part of the order.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Kirios posted:

For Astros talk:

I really, really like Tony Kemp's game. I want them to give him a honest chance to be the long term CF, he looks great at it.

Anyone’s an improvement over Marisnick, but yeah, he’s been solid.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Niwrad posted:

You could move Bryant to RF and play Candelario at 3B. He's also a much better player than Caratini.

Yeah and he doesn't catch, so comparing him to Caratini is kinda moot. You need two catchers.

e. Also you can't have Bryant play RF regularly unless you don't play Heyward's contract, and that isn't happening. Could move Heyward's contract to CF I guess but then you can't play Almora often and gently caress that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

:siren: Large Canadian Adult Son hits his first dinger :siren:

• Locked thread